Print Thread
Hop To
Page 114 of 173 1 2 112 113 114 115 116 172 173
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

So it appears that your whole thing is how that Zeiss is mounted on that M7. Since you guys have never seen or held one of those scopes, you'll just have to take my word for it that mounted right THERE is where it's perfect for me- which means it would be very close to perfect for most of you too, since we set other rifles up similarly. The scope just looks goofy on that rifle, and it's throwing your perceptions off.

Who the hell are you saying never had a Zeiss Conquest.

I HAD one. I coulndn't move that thing AHEAD far enough. The only thing I liked on that Zeiss was the heavi duplex.

Camp is where you make it.
HR IC

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This is a 1.8-5.5 Conquest that is LONGER by over an inch than a Conquest 3.5x10x44! And it's considerably optically different, too, and not just in the eye relief. You don't know this scope. It's an odd one.

It's an unusual scope, and it looks goofy on that rifle, and I think it's messing with people's heads in that regard.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Have fun! I love shooting clays. I use a Citori O/U, fitted to me by Larry Brace before his death. Yeah, my LOP isn't accidental. Yeah, I've put some money and effort into learning from people I'm in ACTUAL PHYSICAL CONTACT WITH, what works best for me. crazy

Do you have any pics of how your scope is mounted on that?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
grin

No, but partly from fitting that shotgun, I know when a rifle fits me. From there, I know how to mount a scope so that it fits me, too.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Jeff, i didnt read most of what was posted after you put up a pic shouldering a rifle, so maybe this question came up...but do you have a problem with your neck? it looks like you are holding your head back like somthing is gonna come out of the scope and poke you in the eye! been bit a few too many times maybe? not being a smart arse, just an observation.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Jeff
No point in stopping now, we are reeling in confusion after your clear victory in that explanation.

Not!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Rosco, I've never been hit by a scope. Which is ironic. A bunch of folks posting on this thread seem to live in fear of that event. I hypothesize that they are mounting their scope too far AWAY, then chasing it up the stock. But I don't know that. All I do know is, I don't get bit. Period. To include a couple light, jumpy magnums.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Jeff
No point in stopping now, we are reeling in confusion after your clear victory in that explanation.

Not!

Art, I should have known that from your behavior on other threads with other people, where you'd jump in all full of piss and vinegar and insults, only to retreat in the face of facts and resort to the "you're so stupid" defense... that even bothering to attempt to converse with you was a waste of time.

I still tried, because I operate in good faith. A waste, in this case.

With respect to the "black around the image" comment, I've explained what I meant very clearly. I've proven to you that you cannot have it both ways (farther away = more black), shown the inconsistancy in your position, and demonstrated that at this point you are just basically bluffing. So, do continue. Should you decide to act like a decent sort and debate on the facts, I'll be right here.

In the meantime, do continue to explain from 1000 miles away how a scope you've never used is improperly mounted for a person you've never met.

A demonstration of arrogance, if ever there was one.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Jeff
No point in me attempting to clear it up for you; first, this is simply great entertainment; second, anyone with a clue is laughing or feeling sorry for you; third, it is clear to anyone familiar with shooting that you are beyond contorted in your offhand posture. Several folks attempted to help you but I doubt you got it or understood their points.

Just so you understand... Your scope will hurt somebody someday if it is not moved to a reasonable position. It would be impossible to mount the scope so far back on a long action... That is what the mounting latitude is designed for... Not some idiot that wants to massge his earlobe with his buttpad.

To be sure, I had a friend hunting with me cut his head badly on a Sauer rifle and Zeiss combo. It dropped a flap of skin over his eye and bled profusely. We were a long way from the nearest medical facility and the walk and then ride out was lengthy and took many hours. It was a 300WM and could not be mounted as far back as yours. He simply had to shoot nearly straight up at a deer on a moraine field mogul.

I do not have to say a thing about the black ring... you have to know how stupid that is and the parallax correction thing is absolutely priceless... particularly since your crosshairs must be centered for that to be true and might actually make the situation worse. But in you infinite wisdom I am sure you already knew that... yeah right...

What you call arrogance some might call experience... or a clue... Doubt you have one of those.

Carry on.
arrogant art laughing

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Art, I should have known that from your behavior on other threads with other people, where you'd jump in all full of piss and vinegar and insults, only to retreat in the face of facts and resort to the "you're so stupid" defense... that even bothering to attempt to converse with you was a waste of time.

Are you serious????? This whole thread is a waste of time, but like a good deadly train wreck that it is, for some danm reason I can't stay away.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I think he actually believes he is right and the whole World is wrong...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tzone

Are you serious????? This whole thread is a waste of time, but like a good deadly train wreck that it is, for some danm reason I can't stay away.

Let's revisit the "blue tape" debate and waste more time. grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Jeff,

Your rifle is a danger to almost everybody on the planet,and your shooting posture is very wrong.

Mount that scope as far forward as it will go in those rings and learn to shoot it that way. In the long run,you will be better off and your rifle will be safer should some one else shoot it.

Even if you don't follow my logic,just trust me,in the long run you'll see why.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Still waiting for the other guy to appear who has fired that menagerie.....

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
nearly 2300 replies.. wow. I bought a "stellar blue" Marmot precip jacket and have been wearing it amongst the gameon rainy days. For no other reason than I look nice in blue and it makes absolutely zero difference to the critters, much like 7mm-08, 308, TTSX, accubond, etc..
This is pretty funny though..
[Linked Image]

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Ever killed a monster bear while wearing blue?..

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Art,

I suspect Jeff went to band camp and told everyone else they were outa step.

Check out my new website

http://www.howemtnknives.com/
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wonder where he kept his flute...

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Come on, now. Y'all know that WE are all wrong.........................................

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
not sure, but that could also explain the neck issues...

Check out my new website

http://www.howemtnknives.com/
Page 114 of 173 1 2 112 113 114 115 116 172 173

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

512 members (257 roberts, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 2500HD, 1badf350, 1936M71, 59 invisible), 2,432 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,441
Posts18,489,489
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.