Print Thread
Hop To
Page 120 of 173 1 2 118 119 120 121 122 172 173
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Jeff

I've finally learned how to shut you up. A picture is worth a thousand words.

I'm howling here.

laissez les bons temps rouler
HR IC

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
battue, Why is that stance supposed to be better than any other?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I'm not saying it is. Jeff, you or anyone else can say it's good, bad or indifferent.

But if you understand the word balance it may help.

Addition for Jeff: That neck has adsorbed the recoil of over 200,000 shotguns shells and doesn't work all that well.

Last edited by battue; 06/04/09.

laissez les bons temps rouler
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by 338Federal

Puts your weight on the balls of your feet, better balance, allows you to twist with your hips for better follow through, as opposed to turning with your shoulders (which affects your grip through manipulation of your arm muscles), better recoil absorption as you are leaned into the gun slightly (again, balance)....In short, the better contact you make with the ground, the better contact you make with your rifle, the better shot you make....

Originally Posted by Someone
Why pack all that messy meat out of the bush when we can just go to the grocery store where meat is made? Hell,if they sold antlers I would save so much money I could afford to go Dolphin fishing. Maybe even a baby seal safari.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
battue I will gladly weigh in with my opinion on your offhand form, looks about spot on to me. Head down in a comfortable position stable position, eye relief to scope looks skookum, support arm well under forearm and same elbow tucked in for nice stable platform, slightly leaning forward to absorb recoil.

Seems thats about the form I use to shoot offhand as that is how i was taught by people who shoot professionally as in shooting to live!

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by battue
Critique away any and all. I'm not afraid to learn.

[Linked Image]

Glad to see you got your deer hunt'n clothes on too... grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here's mine

[Linked Image]

Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote.
*Marvin Simkin* L.A. Times (1992)
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Backwards scope?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I like it that way, works for me, and if I turn it around the muzzle is pointing at my chest.

Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As an added bonus, it is impossible to ever get tagged by the ocular.

Win/Win

IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
You'll notice even though its backwards, is still mounted as far forward as it can be.......grin

Why pack all that messy meat out of the bush when we can just go to the grocery store where meat is made? Hell,if they sold antlers I would save so much money I could afford to go Dolphin fishing. Maybe even a baby seal safari.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by KodiakHntr
You'll notice even though its backwards, is still mounted as far forward as it can be.......grin

Of course it is. Do I look inexperienced?

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Laffin'

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Battue,

Thank you for playing along. I was off getting kids to bed.

Looks good! And you are in good shape for an old fart <BSEG>.

I could work with a rifle like that, but craning my neck that far forwards isn't comfortable or natural feeling for me.

But as I said, looks good and thanks for putting up a picture. Kind of funny, having someone take that pictue, huh? Did your family member laugh at you, too?

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
But I can't seem to get rid of the black ring around the edges.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Wish you'd post a more serious picture, mcmurphrjk.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 338Federal

Imagine that head as it is, nicely forward at the start of recoil. How much forward movement is it going to make?

Imagine the same head, erect at the start. In recoil the rifle moves the body around a bit and the head mostly stays put. The more the body moves, the more the rifle moves, the more the head moves in relation to the scope.

In a perfect World all shots are taken in relaxed mode with everything nice and clear for easy dissection. In the real World, shots are taken under stress at any number of different targets and sneaking a bullet under a worrisome limb or around a tricky trunk requires some creative mechanics.

Starting in a position with tons of give versus a defensive position with basic safety concerns addressed right off should be seen as better immediately.

Add in the fact balance and poise are more easily addressed in a "hunkered-in" position and it should be obvious why one is far better than the other...

But let's go a little farther... You are confronted in a bar by Daryl with evil in his eye and liquor on his breath. He is on his heels and daring you to knock the chip off his shoulder...

Next to him is Daryll, his twin brother, with evil in his eye, liquor on his breath, but up on the balls of his feet giggling in anticipation of punching a hole through your forehead.

Do you go for Daryll knowing he will enjoy hammering you and is prepared to do it; or swing past Daryl knowing with all his weight back he has just one move and then gets lost?

Same:same in the analogy. Keep your weight forward so you have options and lean into the action to test early advances...

Watch the best air rifle shooters for hints... Residency time in the barrel is so long they have to maintain ridiculous concentration on the pellet they just sent downrange. That is where the best shooters prove themselves.
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Brad
Art, you're a group-think, dumb-azz of the highest order... that's always been apparent.

5'10"

You are special, aren't you? Been measured lately? How about within the last 24 hours?

Tell us how much you learned about hunting on your last Nepal trek...

Somehow I go from attacking solo to being in a pack. Would you victims please figure out which it is and get back to me?

So you are saying JO's scope mounting is acceptable for general use and your dipshit friend has also got it dialed? Just asking, because cutting foreheads is something I will not do. Sounds to me like your friend does not have smarts enough to breath, let alone mount scopes.

Your version of illumination is pathetic.
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mcmurphrjk
I like it that way, works for me, and if I turn it around the muzzle is pointing at my chest.

Classic!!!!!!!!!!
art wiping tears...

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Pics later. No problem.

Page 120 of 173 1 2 118 119 120 121 122 172 173

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 160user, 68 invisible), 2,507 guests, and 1,228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,445
Posts18,489,618
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.