Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 125 of 173 1 2 123 124 125 126 127 172 173
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Yaak is another out of the way place that has merit. Been a long time since I was there. I'm guessing 20 some years. We took a couple huge Whitetails while in Yaak back then. Well at least the other guys did. I took a small Mulie, because I didn't believe.

Back then Yaak was one of those places I made sure to mind my own business and more or less stay in the shadows.

Happened to be in Kalispel during the same trip when the Montana girls softball championship was taking place. That turned out to be a memory.

"Those were the days my friend."

laissez les bons temps rouler
HR IC

B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Post Number 2481 . . .

Only 19 more for 2,500!

C'mon guys, you can do it!

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Is Rick gonna pin it if we hit 2500? Grin...

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Montana of my youth is a different Montana than it is now.

Schitt, if you had a rifle, clearly visible, in the gun rack of your 72 Ford Pick-up, AT SCHOOL, Today, it would get you in jail...

Back then, it meant you were just another Farm Kid... If it was hunting season, most trucks had rifles in them...

But you can still get your ass kicked for not minding your own business in the Yaak laugh No matter how tough you think you are, there's somebody tougher in the Yaak. They have like super-power retard strength up there.

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by DanAdair
No matter how tough you think you are, there's somebody tougher in the Yaak. They have like super-power retard strength up there.

Super-power retard strength...request permission to log that in my politically incorrect memory banks... grin
Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Go right ahead Ingwe...

Even if you think you're winning a fight in the Yaak, you better hurt him (or her) bad enough that they can't chase you to your truck, or you're still going to get your ass kicked.

The good news is, if you lose a fight up there, usually you shake hands after and they feed you a beer. Don't hear about too many knifings or shootings up there... Unless you're a Repo man, then you're fair game

I'm Irish...

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

The good news is, if you lose a fight up there, usually you shake hands after and they feed you a beer. Don't hear about too many knifings or shootings up there... Unless you're a Repo man, then you're fair game

I've only been up in that country once, and didn't get in any fights...but I'll remember what you said if one breaks out...I'll "throw the fight" quickly and get right to the beer drinkin' with my new buds! laugh
Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, in the spirit of Larry and his FA photobucket account, and the fact that this is without doubt the most off-topic garbage pit of a thread EVER...

Here's how you make a kick ass Pizza anywhere you wind up... As long as you have the fixin's...
[Linked Image]

You need a Dutch Oven...
[Linked Image]

A Kitchen Timer that tells you when 15 minutes is up

[Linked Image]

And a 2 burner Propane stove... Since this will be an Irish Style stuffed Pizza, we're using a white sauce that would be more suited for a Calzone. There's a whole thing of Ricotta cheese there, half the sour cream, 2 eggs, loads of Parmesean, and a schitload of roasted garlic (out of the Salad isle) Heat stir, taste, and adjust (I like to creep up on the right amount of Garlic and Parmesean) until it makes you say "Mmmmmmm, I got a boner" You also start browning your Italian Sausage at this point (its on the RH burner...)

[Linked Image]

Once your White Sauce and Sausage is done, start the coals and build ya's a pizza (BTW, use all the sour cream and half the Ricotta and you've got one hell of an Alfredo Sauce)

Cheatin on the coals laugh
[Linked Image]

Building the 4" thick ass kickin' pizza...

Bottom crust and italian Sausage...
[Linked Image]
Add white sauce....
[img]http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL152/10882229/22138481/366479440.jpg[/img]
Genoa Salami and Pepperoni...
[img]http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL152/10882229/22138481/366479453.jpg[/img]
Mo Whitesauce...
[img]http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL152/10882229/22138481/366479474.jpg[/img]
Bacon Bits (not Bacos, Pun intended) and the mozzerella going on. I like using the whole 800 calorie package.
[img]http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL152/10882229/22138481/366479525.jpg[/img]
Top crust, mo cheese, pepperoni, green onion... Okay [bleep] it, I got too drunk to remember to take photo's... If you just keep stacking schitt and adding white sauce and top it off whit another crust, and a light layer of Genoa Salami and Basil, and more garlic, you're done building...

Then you put most of the coals on TOP of your 12" deep Dutchie...
[img]http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL152/10882229/22138481/366479603.jpg[/img]
and when your timer is EMPTY, its time to eat. Hopefully you saved a 6er to go with dinner wink

For entertainment... A Northern Dave inspired wagon ride for the dog laugh I'd be more worried, but if the dog can stay in the back of the truck with the wifey driving he can survive a wagon ride wink

[img]http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL152/10882229/22138481/366479629.jpg[/img]

More to come later...

Last edited by DanAdair; 06/07/09. Reason: Beeeeer, and photo issues

I'm Irish...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So Dan,
What time is dinner, and do I have to bring my own beer?
grin

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Have this deer meat/run it thru the garden stew going on now. It should be about perfect in the morning.

[Linked Image]

laissez les bons temps rouler
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Used to make pizzas just like deep in Baja, out in the middle of nowhere.

I don't know what was more fun, enjoying the pizza or seeing the anguised looks on the faces of the other (starving) surfers camped up and down the point depending on how the wind was blowing.

I'd like to think we educated at least a few on how to cook in camp..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mmmmmm.....

I got a boner....

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Tim, I just finished up. That slab-o-pie and a 24 oz bottle of Becks Dark now lives in my tummy... there was at least 10 Lbs of Pizza in that Dutchie, 5 of it Cheese. Perhaps I shall call it "Dan's No Dump Pizza"

There's leftovers though laugh where is Twin Falls anyways? We raced a few times at Stateline and SRP in Spook-Can

[Linked Image]

Buddy Jeds Street Stock. It currently holds three track records at two tracks, and would hold one in Spokane but they pulled some schitt about how you had to be a member to hold a record, and it held its own at the Fall Classic at Yackemoff last fall

I'm Irish...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ingwe and Kenai. Beer drinking, camp cooking and scrappin' once in a while is how us Irish Bastid's ROLL laugh

I'm Irish...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dan,
We are pretty far South, near the Nev/UT border.
I am about 6 hrs from Bozeman.

Cool that you have been to SRP!
I used to do a lot of track days there on my sportbikes.
A great track,though the run off was ugly, don't wanna crash there!
eek

Small world...

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yeah, schitt, I prolly saw you up on the "Rail" after a Main while slummin a few beers. We used to go over there with a couple/few roundee-round cars and more than a few locals that liked to drag.

Sucks your that far south, I'll just eat the leftovers for lunch and tell you how good it was laugh

I'm Irish...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We used to share the parking there with the kids coming out for the Friday/Saturday night drag races.
Fun to watch, although I prefer road courses myself.
I tell you though, coming around the last turn out onto the stretch with that concrete barrier right there would get the blood pumping, especially when I was dragging a knee around that corner.

Do you still go up to SRP?
Last I heard, they were not using(at least the full track) because of insurance issues?

James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Ingwe and Kenai. Beer drinking, camp cooking and scrappin' once in a while is how us Irish Bastid's ROLL laugh

I'm Irish, and yeah I drink beer ;)I used to do my scrappin with women ( best out of three falls...) but after lloking at your pizza cookin, I got some catching up to do in that department! laugh
I can be there in four hours, how long does that have to cook???
Ingwe

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Its been about three years since I was last up there. The Fall Classic in Yakima was a better pay check and just Caucasian Debris that liked to race and swill beer. We were hoping that Jed would "get noticed" and we'd find a sponsor with Late Model money, but it never happened. Now Jed's another Rocky Mountain Paint Trader. Famous locally for his ability (he's right up there with Tom Sweatman, Gabe Garber, or BJ Tidricks if you ask most) but he'll probably get stuck racing the local short tracks of the NW for the rest of his days.

Last I heard any news of SRP, there was serious consideration to level it and build appartments frown

I'm Irish...

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Krapp! cry
I missed the post of the " Dan's No Dump" Pizza...and no doubt by now, missed the pizza too! I gotta log on earlier next time...
Ingwe

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe

I've only been up in that country once, and didn't get in any fights...but I'll remember what you said if one breaks out...I'll "throw the fight" quickly and get right to the beer drinkin' with my new buds! laugh
Ingwe

I really needed a good laugh tonight, thx for contributing fellas!

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
Page 125 of 173 1 2 123 124 125 126 127 172 173

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 52 invisible), 2,434 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,455
Posts18,489,729
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.