-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
just wanted to relate an experience i had at cabela's this weekend...<P>a couple months ago i bought a cabela's brand brass tumbler. a couple weeks ago it quit working. not sure why it quit, but it did.<P>i took the tumbler back in to cabela's. of course i had no receipt, box, or any sort of proof that i paid for it, and what i paid for it. i whined to the woman behind the counter, and when i was done she asked me if i wanted store credit or a new tumbler....<P>how easy and great is that?? that is customer service, and will probably keep me a cabela's customer for a long time.

Hunting is not a matter of life or death. It is much more important than that.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They are LEGENDARY,here in Alaska,for their upbeat attitude and firstrate service. No questions asked,no muss,no fuss. We do ALL of our shopping via mailorder and cabela's gets a huge piece of our(friends,co-workers,etc)business.<P>When you order from them,you needn't worry about things,because even if there is a bobble,they will 100% make it right and in short order.........

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I ALWAYS look to see if Cabela's has an item I want before I look at any other vendor. If Cabela's has it, I buy it, even if it's a little more expensive.<P>They've stood behind their stuff for me on several occasions. In my eyes, of all American companies that I shop from, Target, General Motors, McDonalds, Holland & Holland and many others included, Cabela's is #1 in customer service and customer retention. They should be in everybody's marketing study book. Justin

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
I discovered Cabela's about two years ago, and am very happy I did. Great selection, and prompt delivery. I've never had to return anything, but I'm sure there will be no problem if I do. I'm with those who would rather pay a little more to do business with a good company.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, I sent my hunting boots back because the soles were chunking off. The boots were six years old but had only been worn less than 20 days at the most. They were clean inside and out, strings looked new, wore them down to Boggys deer hunting in Jan one day from a blind, once hog hunting on 4 wheeler, one day and the soles started chunking off. Got a letter back from Cabellas said the would give me $39.98 credit, gift certificate, or return boots. The boots were listed about $130 and I bought them on sale for $99.95. Like you I have boots that have been worn hard during hunting seasons for many years and are still going strong only they are not insulated. Even though these boots are several years old it is evident they have been worn very little and it was defective materials. Do you think this is a fair guarantee of quality? I will go by what the majority say here, and will send the replys with my answer to Cabela's-- no

A hint to the wise is sufficient! Experience is the best teacher!
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I think that Cabelas is just about my favoret (no-gunmaking) company. I have buy lots of stuff from them, even a troling motor (it was cheaper than at wallmart even with shiping!).

----------------

"Anyone who would trade their freedom for safety deserves neither freedom or safety". -Ben Franklin

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have had the same sort of good experience with Cabelas on a couple of ocasions. The details don't matter. But they are tops on my list too.<P>KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Cabela's users, I will be the first to rave about their customer service. First rate, and not by accident. Their whole freakin' system is engineered to be, and their people are trained to be. Have a few returns to prove this to myself. Who can you call (besides your gunsmith -- when you can get him to answer his phone) who can get you to a human who actually understands your question and their product? The last group I dealt with as good as Cabela's was LL Bean. Cabela's earns their profit as far as I'm concerned.<P>Sastisfied, Talus

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Need One : If everything goes right we will have a Full Blown Cabela's store here in Corsicana ,Texas in the next 2 yrs. I believe the land is purchased and it will be between HWY. 287 and Interstate 45 . Just hope it goes like they are planning. Navarro

L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
I bought a pair of pac boots with the felt liners in them a couple of years ago. They are so nice and warm on the ole toe bones. Anyway after the first time I had them out on the stand I noticed that one of the metal U shaped hooks that hold the laces was missing. On one whole side of the boot the rivets that holds the U shapes lace loops were not peened over. I still used them for a week, and then I sent them back to cabelas. A new pair arrived shortly afterward, and you know, I forgot to ship with the old pair those felt liners, and the new ones came with new felt liners, damn shame I got two pairs now, heehee.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Navarro, Hi up the road neighbor. A Cabellas in Corsicana would be great. They supposed to build it out around where the outlet store is? We can go over to Russel Stover and get two sizes larger before getting fitted for pants. [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] <BR>I remember when Herters put in a store in Corsicana just before they folded. It was out there where the plastic pipe plant is on 45. Had everything Herters had in their old catalogue. Best in the world if you are old enough to remember them.<BR>Oshman's are good but too Hoity-Toity for us common hunters and really cater more to the bean sprout crowd than us.<BR>Are they ever going to get the road fixed? They been working on that stretch of road between Chamber's creek and Richland Creek for the last twenty years I know.<BR>BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
NO,I aint saying what's right,but have you considered that after 6 years,Cabelas cant send your boots back to the maker for a refund?The 40 bucks they offered probably represents their profit on the boots.Looks like they are willing to give that up to make you happy.<P>It may not be "right",but it's exactly what I do with our customers.It usually satisfies them.The difference is that I tell them up front what I'm doing.You cant very well be that open with folks where consumer goods are involved,I'm thinking.<P>If you bought a name brand like Redwing from a local dealer,they could probably get you a new pair under the same circumstances.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
I like Cabelas and wish they would open a retail store in my area. I have also found them to be very concerned with customer satisifaction. Another thing that has impressed me with them as that when you have questions, they seem to be very knowledgeable. Try asking technical questions of the clerk at your local Wally World or K-Mart sporting goods counter. Certainly no retailer is going to be perfect and satisfy everyone all the time but as long as they continue to do well by me they will continue to get my business.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Huge Cabela's fan here as they have the best selection of high quality "stuff" of any company I can think of. Just prior to my one and only western big game hunting trip (10 days chasing elk in the Bitteroot Mtns of Montana in '90) I spent more getting myself properly outfitted with them than I did on on the self-guided hunt. I must have been put on their favorite customer list as it seems I get a new and different catolog from them every 2-3 weeks. The only downside of doing biz with them, and this applies to any mail order co, is you can't try on the clothes before purchase. Of course, you can order multiple sizes and return what doesn't fit though.<P>One suggestion for you Cabela-holics is to get their Cabela's Visa card. You get 1 cabela dollar for every 100 you spend and 2 bucks for every 100 dollars spent on Cabela's merchandise.<P>Sure wish they'd open a retail store here in Atlanta to compete with Bass Pro...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My only complaint about Cabela's and it's my ONLY complaint is that we don't have a retail outlet in Montana. Then again I'd probably live there between hunting season's and I doubt my wife would appreciate that very much.

Is it Friday yet?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (257 mag, 257Bob, 257_X_50, 160user, 163bc, 280ACKIMP, 60 invisible), 2,411 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,787
Posts18,477,248
Members73,943
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.