Print Thread
Hop To
Page 187 of 1,842 1 2 185 186 187 188 189 1841 1842
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Wabo checking in,

Sounds and looks like a Great weekend for the members of camp chickenbuck, I do SOOO miss my DirtBike days. May have find my way back to them someday soon.

I spent the weekend putting something similiar to T111 on the front of the house. I got a deal, 4 by 9 sheeting for 15 bucks a sheet! Ceder just with grooves an inch and 1/4 wide is the only difference from the T111.

Spent yesterday evening picking cherries while kiddo Thunder pitted them in the yard next to me in the quiet evening. She is feeling much better and is already jogging not quite running but moving pretty quickly. Wow kids bounce back fast!

Looking at a snowplow for my John Deere now waiting for some pics and the guy to email me the width of the blade before I say done deal. With the fluid in the tractor tires on the back think it will do the job fine. I plan to park it in the garage at my parents place and just come out pushing if we ever get real snow again. Send me snow this year northern friends of mine, I want SNOW... LOL..

GB1

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Wabo, glad to hear that kiddo is doing well. Got to be a big weight off of your shoulders.

Can we hold off on the snow for a bit? We've hardly had spring yet. Temps have been below normal for going on 2 weeks. We've set new daily records for the coldest high temp several times.

I'd like to try out the mulching attachment for my JD mower before you get to try out your new plow. LOL.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Wabo,

If you want snow, come up here. If it gets any colder, you can have all you want. I fished last weeked and it was 40* and rain when we went out on Sunday. Not far off from snow.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wabo , Great news on kiddo !!!!! Prayers continue for her and her complete recovery .

Fun stuff:
Bring your JD and plow up here . We did not have a bad snow year last , because of some freeze / thaws . But we did end up with just under 12 1/2 feet ( 12.46' ) last winter season .
http://goldensnowball.com/2009_01_01_archive.html

Edit to add : If that is not enough snow for you , about 50 - 75 miles north of us gets quite a bit more than here wink

Last edited by M1894; 06/10/09.

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I'm back guys. we had a good business trip to louisville, very hospitable group I'm doing business with down there. It was mostly business with very little time to see the sights but we did manage a visit to bass pro shop where I scored a few packs of primers for my .264 win mag. I couldn't bring them on the plane with me or didn't dare try anyways so the company I'm working with in lewy-ville is going to mail them for me.

I think I may have brought some of that southern sunshine back up north with me.

Something clever here.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tzone
Here is the northern from this weekend. Notice the big gouge on her side. Any ideas? It wasn't a bite mark.

Not a prop scar, not a bite, not the rocks, not a lamprey. Being an aquatic biologist, I know what it is on that little feller, and if I liked you, I'd tell ya. laugh You didn't eat the poor little guy, did ya?

There are many copies.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Thanks for bringing the sunshine back with you Dave. Seems like forever since we've seen it. cool

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
just lucky timing, but i'll take credit for it i guess. grin summer had to get here sooner or later.

Just in time for our annual car show which is saturday.

should be a good time.

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Clouded up again about 15 minutes after I posted the comment. Chance of rain here Saturday, but is suppossed to make it into the 70's.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Just back from a week in Manitoba fishing. Whoa Nellie, was it COLD up there. I fished in long underwear/bibs and no less than 4 wool shirts every day. I will post some pics later. A couple of times we got out of the wind for shore lunch and thought it might be getting warmer...then back into the wind and 48 degree water temps and we soon realized we had to go back on with everything we had. Reminded me of deer hunting. Fishing was slow for Canada. We had a 42" and a 41.5" northern as well as some in the upper 30s. But not as good as it could be. Give them a week and look out. Walleyes were slow, most of time we had problems catching them under the 21.75" slot though. Hardly caught anything under 19" and only 1 walleye the whole trip under 17", so they were nice size. Biggest 'eye was 26". Did I mention it was COLD???

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Where in Manitoba? I had a good pike spot in Alberta but it changed hands( the lodge..) and I'm looking for a new spot or two....
Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Wow I've missed alot.

Wabo - Welcome back! Great news about kiddo!

Dave - Nice bike Nate got there! What did you do with the 70? Did preacher inherit that?

Stan - 50 years. Wow! I just had my 20 year last summer. Time flies!

Speaking of Manitoba. My wife emailed me this morning and said the gal she works with has to leave and go be with her sister. Her husband died from swine flu last night. 38 years old with 3 kids. Started not feeling well yesterday and went to the doc. His heart stopped last night. They live in the Winnipeg area. My sister who lives in Middlebro, Manitoba said that there were 24 new cases in Winnipeg. That is getting just a little too close to home for comfort. I would advise against traveling north until this blows over.

Thoughts and prayers to that poor family.

Rooster

*Update* They live IN Winnipeg and and the whole family is quarantined so family and friends can't even go see them in their time of need. God be with them.

Last edited by Rooster7; 06/12/09.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
That swine flu is scary stuff. WI has the 1st or 2nd highest cases in the country. Several in the Wausau area.

Hopefully your wifes friends, will be OK. We'll keep them in our prayers.

T

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
We went to Grand Rapids and fished Cedar Lake. Luckily, we didnt stop anywhere near Winnipeg. I am having a hard time finding time to get those pics posted...stay tuned.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
OK, some pics:

My brother Brian with a 41.5"

[Linked Image]

the day's catch; 18 walleyes between 20"-22"

[Linked Image]

Shorelunch...we got out of the wind and took off coats and I took this pic...then put them back on in a hurry!

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
That pike is a beaut! Don't feel too bad, we fished here and froze our azzes off too. Not as many or as nice as yours though.

Tryin' it again tomorrow AM.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
great pics, looks like a good trip.

Hey guys, my baby girl passed her drivers learning permit test today.

now she can legaly drive with an adult.

she called & asked if she can drive mom around in my big black truck today, I told her if she washes the truck first she sure can. grin

that's a lotta cleaning to do, believe me!!

crew cab one ton superduty & it needs more than just a rinse thats for sure!! grin

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Rooster, prayers on the way to the family.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Nice mess of fish. Most of the posters on one of the other sites were reporting colder than normal in Ontario also. Now I don't feel so bad about not getting a passport or border crossing card yet.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Dave, life as you knew it has just made a big change. eek

Does MN use the graduated drivers license like WI? With the graduated license young drivers are limited to the hours of operation, number of people and age of persons that can be in the vehicle with them. Restrictions deminish as they get older and by 18 they have full driving privleges.

Page 187 of 1,842 1 2 185 186 187 188 189 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

512 members (257 roberts, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 2500HD, 1badf350, 1936M71, 59 invisible), 2,432 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,441
Posts18,489,489
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.