Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
REJ Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Nice pic's, great muley....I can gaze at that pic and dream....nothing else to do during the off-season....

rej

"We will always remember. We will always be proud. We will always be prepared, so that we will always be free" - President Reagan
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[quote=TomA]Ingwe, beautiful sable and hartebeest. I once saw a sable mounted on a pedistal in a manner that it looked like a chess piece. The pedistal was a dark black and it looked magnificent. Any sable looks magnificent I guess, no matter how it is mounted. A black buck mounted the same way was also an excellent display. You sure have some great trophies. Tom

I have a photo bucket account, but cannot remember how to post photos from it. Any help?
Randy

Praise the Lord for full Salvation
Christ Still lives upon the throne
And I know the blood still cleansess
Deeper than the sin has gone
Lester Roloff
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My biggest Gemsbok ha ha the only one. I think he was only 42" but a great body. Hit him poorly at 300 yds and chased him three days, finished at 200 yards, fifty yards and 20 yards all in a 3" group @ rt front shoulder. Ph on left tracker on right. They were great guys and really earned their money on this one.

[Linked Image]

My wife took these from 300 yards front and to right 500 yards from where I shot from(90degrees angle from line to target from me to her)Pretty fine photo sequence. I thought I was looking at the front shoulder, oops

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My Kudu, of course largest, and only one. One shot at 120 yards offhand and it dropped in its tracks, literally folded up as it was turning away.

[Linked Image]

Lester Roloff
REJ Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by TomA
Ingwe, beautiful sable and hartebeest. I once saw a sable mounted on a pedistal in a manner that it looked like a chess piece. The pedistal was a dark black and it looked magnificent. Any sable looks magnificent I guess, no matter how it is mounted. A black buck mounted the same way was also an excellent display. You sure have some great trophies. Tom

TomA ~ Thanks for a great idea. I think my Gemsbok will look great on a black pedestal.

rej

"We will always remember. We will always be proud. We will always be prepared, so that we will always be free" - President Reagan
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here is the closest to measurement trophy animal I shot, at 8.5 inches very good according to my PH.

[Linked Image]

Another of my Kudu, with my PH. He new the game, read it well, and set me up right where I had to be. We saw this and another bull earlier and made a big loop to get ahead of them, across a dry river bed. After only a half hour wait they came out. I had been looking at 250 yards further out when I spotted movement out of the corner of my eye. I moved off the sticks to swing to the movement, which he spotted and reacted to. I shot as he was turning and my wife captured the sequence on video.

[Linked Image]

[img]http://s580.photobucket.com/albums/ss250/medicman/?action=view&current=MOV07135.flv[/img]

Lester Roloff
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here is the closest to measurement trophy animal I shot, at 8.5 inches very good according to my PH.

[Linked Image]

Another of my Kudu, with my PH. He new the game, read it well, and set me up right where I had to be. We saw this and another bull earlier and made a big loop to get ahead of them, across a dry river bed. After only a half hour wait they came out. I had been looking at 250 yards further out when I spotted movement out of the corner of my eye. I moved off the sticks to swing to the movement, which he spotted and reacted to. I shot as he was turning and my wife captured the sequence on video.

[Linked Image]

http://s580.photobucket.com/albums/ss250/medicman/?action=view&current=MOV07135.flv

Lester Roloff
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Though I took this fine whitetail after hunting him hard I will not post it without saying, though I recovered it, it was a bad shot I should not have taken with traditional archery gear at -25 degrees. It was so cold I had lost strength on the stand and couldn't get to full draw on my recurve but being at ~15 yds. I decided to take the shot anyway; it deserved better. I estimated it's live weight at ~ 250 lbs.

Last edited by goodnews; 06/14/09.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I know exactly what you are talking about. I recall one morning I was so cold I could not draw my bow even though I tried 3 times. It's hell to be cold and old. Tom

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by medicman
My biggest Gemsbok ha ha the only one. I think he was only 42" but a great body.

[Linked Image]

" Only 42 "....nobody told you about Gemsbok ahead of time apparently... wink
42" is the Gemsbok of a lifetime... laugh

They are my favorite plains game and I've shot a pile of them, here is my longest, though not the biggest...and this one was no 42"!!! ( didn't measure this either, but if I thought it hit 40"...I mighta found a tape for THAT...!

[Linked Image]
Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Ingwe, classic b&w of you and the oryx but,.. are you Nick Nolte in on the side grin?

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ingwe
I like you don't hunt with a tape. I have been in love with Gemsbuck for years and one has been my screensaver as long as I can remember. The hunt for this one had incredible highs and lows and I was amazed at how they can disapear and hide so well.

I love the B&W photo. So much more texture and contast can be achieved.

Thanks for sharing your Gemsbuck with me. I had no idea it was big, although Kevin Robertson told me it was a really nice one. I agreed as I thought it was nice, regardless of size.

Randy

Lester Roloff
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by goodnews

Ingwe, classic b&w of you and the oryx but,.. are you Nick Nolte in on the side grin?

You aren't the first to ask that, thankfully as Nick and I have aged, we grow farther apart in looks...he with the wild-eyed drunk mug shot and lots of hair... me with chubbier cheeks ( and everything else...) and no hair!
BTW; Helluva whitetail you posted!
Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I always liked the fact Gemsbok can be kinda sneaky, like a whitetail...one of few African animals I have seen make a big loop and double back to get your wind and/or see what you are doing...
This one does not have the length, but he is the biggest, oldest bull I ever shot..The books say they may get up to 500 lbs. Well, here he is!!!
[Linked Image]
Ingwe

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I posted pics of this one last year, but he's probably my best so far. 2008 Wyoming november bull.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
[Linked Image]
My biggest mule deer from Kansas that measured 34 inches outside

My biggest antelope from Texas
[Linked Image]

The biggest mule deer I had the pleasure of guiding in Kansas that scored 205 with 4-5 inches broke off.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Nice stuff Jeremy. I'm going to hunt with you some day my friend, If KS ever lets me have a muley tag......

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Ralphie,
What a nasty spot to have one die!! nice bull I guess you have to hunt them where they live.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Sounds good I love hunting with guys that are as obsessed with big mule deer as I am.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
REALLY nice stuff Jeremy..
Ingwe

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Not big but the "best" that night after chasing elk all day, breasted, with some olive oil, garlic, salt & pepper and pasta. The arrow went through the bird, the Zwickey head hitting a rock which turned it like a fishhook. Wish I would have saved it - you know, like we do bullets.

No elk; had a spike at a literal 5 paces in a four-point minimum area though; it was almost good enough.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by goodnews; 06/17/09.
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

518 members (12344mag, 160user, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 49 invisible), 1,963 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,755
Posts18,495,480
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.