Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I went out to my new deer lease and someone forgot to lock the gate and some *&%$# broke in to my trailer and took all our camo hunting clothes, coustom hunting knifes and all our camping equipment, stands, fishing rods, coolers and messed up the door on the trailer breaking it in. The worst part is we lost a coustom hunting knife that was 1 of 16 maid and I was going to give it to Timmy when he is old enough to hunt alone. Also I had hunting clothes that were my fathers and are now gone forever. I am hoping my home owners insurance will cover us even if the crime was not in the home.

The thing you love and some POS has to steal it from you?

Also does any one have any kids hunting clothes that there kids dont use anymore? My son is 9 years old and 74 lbs.

Tracy

It is not about what you kill, it is about the hunt....
GB1

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
It should be legal to kill thieves.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
It probably is in Texas.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Tracy,
I am hearing this same scenario more and more. I recently had my vehicle broken in to for the tune of @3k worth of stuff. Had all my mid season and cold season packed in a duffle along with a Springfield XD and some other items. The cops really didn't give a hoot even with a handgun and two loaded high cap magazines in circulation. I truley feel for you brother. I will ask around about some clothing for your son. Visit any local pawn shops around your club within 45 minutes or so you may be surprised.
DEATH TO ALL THIEVES!

Lowcountry Wildlife Management
Knowing Wildlife Beyond Science
[email protected]
Genesis 9;2
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
my first gun collection was stolen one day while i was at work.
all i can say is "endeavor to persevere".

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
IC B2

N
ned Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by Jammer
It probably is in Texas.

If they are on your property committing a crime you bet it's legal to shoot them in Texas. In fact you if you give your neighbor permission he can legally shoot them for you.

Try that in California ... smile

Ride well, shoot straight, and speak the truth.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Someone get a rope.........

broken bones broken heart stripped down an torn apart a lil rust but Im still runnin countin miles countin tears twisted roads and shiftin gears year after year its all or nothin Im not home and Im not lost just holdin on 2 what I got...God and Guns
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was broken into a few weeks ago. They cut a hole in the back wall of my shop and took most all my reloading equipment, tools and still dont know what all is gone.

I was ANTI-OBAMA before it was CooL
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
More and more, Texas sounds like a lovely place to retire to.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

T
T
Karma is a bitch. I truly believe that "They will get their just desert", Its like a boomerang man, what you throw out there comes back to ya. Hope the local LEO catches them for you. Sorry about your loss, it gives sportsmen a bad name.

I have tramped all over Alaska and been in many cabins that were not mine, and lots of folks whom I did not know visited mine. I and most others keep a little logbook on the table for "Visitors" to leave a note, sign and date. I have never taken nor have I been taken from. I dont lock the door because I dont want it broken in case someone is stranded and needs shelter.Its a shame what happened to you. At least the "honor system" is still somewhat alive in AK. I did take 5 gallons of gas once from a gillnet site on a Raspberry island beach. I visited the people in the summer and gave them a 10 gallon jug filled with regular. They said they got my journal entry and they knew they would get the gas back. They did three months later even though it was a two hour skiff ride one way to get back there smile

Jerry

Last edited by Tractorshaft; 06/15/09.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Idaho_Elk_Huntr
I was broken into a few weeks ago. They cut a hole in the back wall of my shop and took most all my reloading equipment, tools and still dont know what all is gone.

Idaho,
Sorry to here about your loss.

And thanks to all for the posts.

East Texas had gotten bad. Sence the storms that went through here people take from others to make up for there loss. Very sad.

I am not going to be able to keep anything in camp of value
when I am not there.

Ringworm,
Sorry for your loss also, and I like your quote "endeavor to persevere".

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I'll check on kid's camo when I get home. My 9 y/o is 4'11 and 115 pounds smile . If he has anything from last year still in the house I'll PM you for an address. I'll send them to you.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Tracy, what size clothes does you boy wear? Shirt, pants, boots, etc. I might be able to help. Also what is the typical temperature where you hunt?

I hate to see a kid suffer at the hands of some POS. Tom

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sorry for your loss......The heathens in Alabama have gotten me for over $10,000 in loss and damages the past few years. It's gotten to the point that I will be hunting from a motel this season over there.

I will check to see if I have some camo your boy could use. I know I have a pair of snakeboots that are women/youth size that have only been used a few times. What size does he wear?

My bunkhouse before the idiots......

[Linked Image]

After..........$2,000

[Linked Image]

My 12,000lb camper that they lifted and stole all 6 wheels and tires and then dropped on the frame $8,400
[Linked Image]

Robert

Bruz
"You can't scare me.........I have kids"

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Sorry to hear this. A friends camper was broken into in San Augustine, Texas this year. I lost a feeder and game camera to theives in the Keifer, Oklahoma area this year too. I hope the karma thing is right.

Dang Robert, after seeing your post I've lost nothing.

Last edited by dcmtex; 06/15/09.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tracy:

As tmc0304 posted give us particulars. My kids don't hunt anymore and prolly have some stuff around here that could be useful (if the wife hasn't given it away).

Carlos

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Sorry aobut your loss. It really ticks me off when it ruins something for a young hunter/sportsperson. PM me your list of what you need and I will see if I have something I can send you. Jim

Lloyd McCarter and the Honky Tonk Revival
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bruzer
Sorry for your loss......The heathens in Alabama have gotten me for over $10,000 in loss and damages the past few years. It's gotten to the point that I will be hunting from a motel this season over there.

I will check to see if I have some camo your boy could use. I know I have a pair of snakeboots that are women/youth size that have only been used a few times. What size does he wear?

My bunkhouse before the idiots......

[Linked Image]

After..........$2,000

[Linked Image]

My 12,000lb camper that they lifted and stole all 6 wheels and tires and then dropped on the frame $8,400
[Linked Image]

Robert

Wow.....It is hard to belive that someone could do these things.
It is if they arnt human. Robert I am sorry for your loss, you and your son looked happy in that hunting camp.

I think my game camera is going to be best used as a way to watch my camp.

To the guys that are looking to see what they have in hunting clothes for my son:

shirt size is 9-10 boys
pants size is 9-10 boys regular waist
shoe size is 3.5 to 4
55" tall
74 lbs.

Also I will reimburse for shipping.

Thanks

Tracy

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Some one ask about the temp during hunting season.

First part of the season it will be around, low 50 to 60 and hi
70 to 80.
It gets clolder later in the season, down to 30 to 40.

Tracy

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Tracy:

PM me your address, I'll see what I can come up with tonight.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

293 members (1lesfox, 2500HD, 240NMC, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 21, 27 invisible), 1,856 guests, and 1,116 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,086
Posts18,501,723
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.