Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
W
wldthg Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
06-17-09 --14+ mile hike( round trip) to highest point in New York. [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] There is still snow on Marcy. Web

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey are you a 46er????

Added: Wldthg, don't give up yer day job!! As a secretary you suck. It is Mt. Marcy grin

Last edited by EvilTwin; 06/18/09.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Very cool. I wish I had been with you. How were the blackflies?

Z
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Z
Excellent! Thanks for putting up the pics.
I love our tough little mountains.

W
wldthg Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
ET-- I've only got 10 peaks under my belt. I'm overcoming my fear of height,slowly. -- Southerntier. very very little problem with black flies which surprised me. The second photo is of Algonquian and Wright peak taken from Indian Falls on the trail to Mt.Marcy. Upper and lower Wolfjaw might be next. Web

[Linked Image]
IC B2

Q
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Q
They say that on clear day that you can see the gas rising off the large pool of bullschitt in Albany.

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

"It's not a matter of legislating morality; it's a question of whose morality gets legislated"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice looking country.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Q
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Q
God sliced off a piece of paradise and threw it down to earth; landing in upstate NY.

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

"It's not a matter of legislating morality; it's a question of whose morality gets legislated"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Qtip
God sliced off a piece of paradise and threw it down to earth; landing in upstate NY.

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

grinYEP!! grin
[Linked Image]

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice pictures. Surprised it wasn't snowing there yesterday.
Heres a pic of one of my favorite haunts. Berrymill Flow. Essex Co.
[Linked Image]

When it comes to choosing friends....I'm at an age where I'd rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
aaa yes, my neck of the woods. Well within 50 miles anyway wink

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37, verse 4.

"The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt." Proverbs 12:27
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nice pics cool

So just a few blackflies ??? Were the deerflies starting up already ??
Last I knew there is only three seasons in the Adirondacks.
First the black flies
Then the deer flies
Then the snow flies

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
deer flies started this week. No-seeum's are bitin' too. Black flies not too bad this year.

When it comes to choosing friends....I'm at an age where I'd rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ah yes, the Adirondacks. If the rain and mosquitoes don't get you, the incredible snowfall will!

I've been on the top of Marcy in nearly 100 mph winds... it always surprises Westerners when I explain to them how severe the weather can be in NYS. Westerners tend to think of NYS and NYC as synonymous. They ain't.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sounds like upstate NY would be a nice place to visit someday.
Along with Vermont and Maine.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Tim, though a Westerner by birth, I grew up in New England and spent a lot of time BPing, hunting, snowshoeing, skiing and mucking-about in Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine. My dad still lives on the Maine Coast.

I'm a Westerner at heart, but Northern New England and the Adirondacks are beautiful and charming. But don't let that fool you, the weather can rival Montana and Idaho for severe!

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have heard the weather can get nasty, Brad.
Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't the highest wind velocities ever recorded in the USA someplace in the New England region?

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Tim, Mt Washington in new Hampshire. Just over 230 mph if memory is correct.

I've been on Mt Washington in August and been snowed on. Also, the only place I've ever had the beginnings of hypothermia. Go figure. Have also climbed it in the Winter with dead calm.

I've Bp'd in New England in the winter at -15*... because of the humidity, the equivalent here in the Rocky Mountain West would be -30* or colder IME.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
230 mph?
Holy smokes!!

Good point - what you say about the humidity.
I lived on the Oregon coast(well 25 miles inland) for a year, and I could not believe how cold 30*F felt compared to the same temp would feel in southern Idaho.

James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Brad
Ah yes, the Adirondacks. If the rain and mosquitoes don't get you, the incredible snowfall will!

I've been on the top of Marcy in nearly 100 mph winds... it always surprises Westerners when I explain to them how severe the weather can be in NYS. Westerners tend to think of NYS and NYC as synonymous. They ain't.

Reminded me of a pic I saw of Whiteface

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (Amos63, 808outdoors, 2500HD, 7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 10 invisible), 1,377 guests, and 780 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,502
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.