Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
[img][IMG]http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv202/savage99eg/CopyofPictureJune-2009.jpg[/img][/img]
I bought this 221 utility gun set from a Mr. Greg Hergot. He was so pleasant to deal with. The gun was at auction and when I metioned that I'd been looking for this set he offered to change the auction to buy it now and let me have it for the opening bid.
When he found out that my wife just had a baby he let me make payments. Upon getting the gun from my ffl holder I found it to be better then I imagined. It would rate 98%. Inside the box I found this letter.
"Hello World Class Steel(my ffl)....Im getting older faster than most due to health reasons...Parkinson's Im told...thus the reason I'm selling off my few fine Savages and other heirlooms...I have severe vision and hearing problems from the parkinsons so it's about time I give up hunting...My dr. bless his heart, turned me into the DMV and they suspended my Drivers license..but the DMV gave me an official Nebraska ID card... I'm including a copy.... have Andy email me when he sees his gun... thank you"
No, Thank You Mr. Greg Hergot and may God Bless You. I'll take good care of her. Well this is another way to pass on our fine old girls. I'll get out my halogen lamp and take a better pic. They keep coming out dark.

It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Try taking your pictures outside. Natural light works well.

When it comes to choosing friends....I'm at an age where I'd rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
OK, I'll try that. unfortunately it's raining right now and the North East lately is more like the Pacific NW

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Very nice of Mr. Hergot and of you to honor him with this post.

Everything you now do is something you have chosen to do. Some people don't want to believe that. But if you're over age twenty-one, your life is what you're making of it. To change your life, you need to change your priorities.

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
I don't know how old he is but I'd guess we're separated by 40 years or so. Even so and growing up in the North East and he in Nebraska it's like we already knew each other. I guess Savage people no matter how young or old and wherever they may live are all throw backs cut from the same cloth. We're blessed indeed.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Savage99eg:

Once you download your pictures you should be able to edit them. Go to edit photo and then look for the "fill flash" option. You can adjust the lighting in your picture right on your computer. Don't ask me how it works, but it works great.

Nice gun. Selling your old guns off is like selling your dog...you want to make sure they go to a good home. I suspect Mr. Hergot new this one was going to a good home.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Very Nice Gun.
Enjoy.
Steve

�Can we move this along?" a bored voice stated. "I have places to be and people to shag."

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 63 invisible), 2,462 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,936
Posts18,518,996
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.