Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I was thinking about this for a while today and I think I know why Obama refuses to acknowledge the legitimacy of the Iranian opposition to government tyranny and corruption... HE DOESN'T WANT IT TO HAPPEN HERE!

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Anyone notice what language all the Iranian protest signs are written in? Those signs are NOT for the Iranian leadership. They are directly talking to the western world, specifically to the people of the United States. They know that we just liberated 50 million Muslims in Iraq. Of course, not a peep from Hussein. We've been waiting for 30+ years for some kind of revolution in Iran but Hussein has no balls. Of course, during the election campaign, Bidden told everyone Obama would be tested but this response is NOT what he promised. We need a real man in office right now- not a punk.

[Linked Image]

MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Of course, without a peep coming out of Hussein on the Iranian protest, Iran feels emboldened to crack down on the dissent:

"TEHRAN, Iran (AP) - Iran's supreme leader said Friday that the country's disputed presidential vote had not been rigged, sternly warning protesters of a crackdown if they continue massive demonstrations demanding a new election.

Ayatollah Ali Khamenei sided with hardline President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and offered no concessions to the opposition. He effectively closed any chance for a new vote by calling the June 12 election an "absolute victory."

The speech created a stark choice for candidate Mir Hossein Mousavi and his supporters: Drop their demands for a new vote or take to the streets again in blatant defiance of the man endowed with virtually limitless powers under Iran's constitution."

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20090619/D98TNL400.html

MOLON LABE
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The unarmed Iranian people have little chance against the present regime and all their military weapons. Another reason why our constitution give all Americans the right to bear arms.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Q
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Q
He shares the same ideology as the mullahs; and it's not democratic freedom.

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

"It's not a matter of legislating morality; it's a question of whose morality gets legislated"
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The unarmed Iranian people have little chance against the present regime and all their military weapons. Another reason why our constitution give all Americans the right to bear arms.

I think the Iranians might argue that point. Their unarmed populace put the current regime in place, much to the dismay of the Peacock Palace. Some would say the Shah had a police force more dedicated to crushing dissent than the current in my view. After all, Langley trained them. It is an emotional yet less sophisticated mob in control now.

As for the mullets, they are looking down from their tall towers and seeing this thru the lens of 1979.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by Ayatollah Khomeini
"Riots after an election put democracy at risk. If they don't stop they must face the consequences. If there is any bloodshed, leaders of the protests will be held directly responsible."

just got that off AP wire.

Meat is Murder
tasty, tasty murder
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Medina
"put democracy at risk"

Democracy in Iran- that's a good one.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Protests are heating up in Iran. Police using tear gas and water canons etc. But protests are also erupting outside Iran now. 90,000 Iranians held a protest in Paris, several thousand came together in Brisbane and there are even several marches of American Iranians in this country.

Meanwhile, Hussein is killing flies in the West wing, enjoying croissants with his ABC buddies, discussing the upcoming socialized medicine propaganda-fest.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The opposition leader just release a press statement saying that he is "ready for martyrdom". That will carry a lot of weight with the protesters and I expect the energy of the riots to increase because of that...

MOLON LABE
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
The opposition leader just release a press statement saying that he is "ready for martyrdom". That will carry a lot of weight with the protesters and I expect the energy of the riots to increase because of that...

That's a curious concept I may never quite get a handle on. Patton's approach was more my cuppa tea. Let somebody else be the martyr for their cause, I can get behind that quick enough. Enough of that happen and soon enough there would be a revision to the Quran I'd think. Or at least fewer believers.

Anyway, I hope this guy fires up the masses and sends Akmedjihad to Somolia or there abouts.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Anyone notice what language all the Iranian protest signs are written in?

The stat I heard on TV was more people in Iran can read/write English than in the state of CA.

But you are right the signs are written for the media/western world.

Last edited by NathanL; 06/20/09.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I'm just waiting for Hussein to somehow take credit for a democratic upheaval despite the fact that Bush planted that seed and got filleted by the liberals for 8 years because of it.

MOLON LABE
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Bush planted the seed? Are you serious? It might be that the Persian peeps are sick of the schit and that the �seed� is within everyone who wants to go about their business free from coercion.
What foreign leader planted the �seed� for our revolution do you suppose?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As much as I hate Obama I'm not sure sitting on the side won't work in the long run. Of course he is doing it for a totally different reason that I would.

What's the old proverb about when your enemy is about to make a mistake don't stop him.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I am absolutely serious. The people in Iran over the last few years have just witnessed 50 million of their neighboring muslims liberated from Sadam's tyranny. They may have had a desire to be free from oppression but without baring witness to what happened in Iraq, I don't think they would be taking to the streets as they have. Look at the dang signs- THEY'RE ALL IN ENGLISH. They are looking to the west for solidarity in their efforts.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
GWI was criticized by the Left for not jumping in and trying to encourage the Eastern Block peoples when they were trying to cast off the Soviets in the late 80's.

In retrospect it was the best move as it didn't give the Soviets any excuse to react to 'Western interference'.

Mickey

"Instead of getting married again I am just going to find a women I don't like and give her a house"
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Krauthammer on Iran and Obama weakness...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQtl_RcExKw

MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Apparently, a new round of poll numbers just came in because Hussein decided to grow the resemblance of a spine... Guess that's about all we can hope for.

"The Iranian government must understand that the world is watching. We mourn each and every innocent life that is lost. We call on the Iranian government to stop all violent and unjust actions against its own people. The universal rights to assembly and free speech must be respected, and the United States stands with all who seek to exercise those rights.

As I said in Cairo, suppressing ideas never succeeds in making them go away. The Iranian people will ultimately judge the actions of their own government. If the Iranian government seeks the respect of the international community, it must respect the dignity of its own people and govern through consent, not coercion.

Martin Luther King once said - �The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice.� I believe that. The international community believes that. And right now, we are bearing witness to the Iranian peoples� belief in that truth, and we will continue to bear witness."

Last edited by OutlawPatriot; 06/20/09.

MOLON LABE
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Chocolate Boy is an Islamo-fascist. Why would he condemn Iranian protest?

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (1OntarioJim, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 66 invisible), 2,491 guests, and 1,329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,189
Posts18,484,912
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.