Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
W
WTF Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
What is your favorite foam type of bore cleaner. I've been using Outers and I just bought a can of Birchwood Casey. What do you guys like?

GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Wipe-Out

MtnHtr

RLA Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
thanks for the link, i really enjoyed that. brings back great memories.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
WipeOut and gunslick!

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Wipe-Out seems to do a more thorough job than the others that I have tried. I still manage to make a mess when I use any of them.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wipe Out

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Gunslick is some awesome stuff. Cleans 100 times better than Hoppes thats for sure.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Gunslick works well for me too.

"A free people (claim) their rights as derived from the laws of nature, and not as the gift of their chief magistrate."
--Thomas Jefferson, Rights of British America, 1774
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
PatchOut it`s Wipeout but isn`t as messy to use.

I must confess, I was born at a very early age. --Groucho Marx

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when they deserve it. --Mark Twain
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Geezers will recall the original foaming cleanser, Ajax:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dYv7W0679Q

It's sure to work well on bores, particularly after firing corrosive ammo. It also contains a mild abrasive, which will polish the bore after some patching. None of the other foaming cleaners can do this. After use you'll need to rinse with water and oil the bore, of course

--Bob

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You can make Wipe Out a lot less messy by putting the foam in from the chamber. A couple dollars worth of the clear plastic tubing in varying sizes, about a foot long, can be tightly inserted into just about any chamber. For straight wall casings you might have to put a small slit in the chamber end of the tubing and push it in firmly.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Wipe-Out seems to do a more thorough job than the others that I have tried. I still manage to make a mess when I use any of them.

Just leave the cleaning rod guide sitting in the chamber. I use Dewey cleaning rod guides which seal off leaky solvents with a small o ring. Leave the rifle resting horizontally or slightly tipped and a paper towel underneath the muzzle.

MtnHtr

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Wipe-Out is the best...The new stuff has a tube attached and that makes it easier to use..I always used a tube of surgical tubing from the fly shop, over the nozzle for the same effect..plug the chamber, insert the 15 inch tube into the muzzle end, give it a real quick spurt and ti will force the tube out the muzzle and you can see the foam coming out. Let it cook for about 15 minutes to an hour or so, then wipe dry. and oil profusely

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mtn Hunter - that drummer with the Ventures would do Gene Krupa proud! I enjoyed both versions on Youtube.
Jim

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Urine mixed with Pine Sol, shake well. Works great and is really cheap.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by WinModel70
Gunslick is some awesome stuff. Cleans 100 times better than Hoppes thats for sure.

+1

I'd had wipe-out on my wish list for my next Midway order for quite a long time, but while picking up some powder a few weeks ago ran across Gunslick and decided to give it a try.

At the range I was far less than impressed. I'd tip my rifles muzzle-down, run the foam through and wait maybe 15 minutes and get no blue or anything.

Then I decided to fill the bores for the ride home. When I got home I ran them through a few times w/ a nylon brush and then swabbed them clean. There was a whole lot of copper coming out. Just to verify that it was all gone I ran some copper solvent through and got NO BLUE WHATSOEVER.

You're not supposed to let this stuff into the action so I'm ordering bore plugs for my rifles so I can do this in the future. I couldn't believe the results. Very very nice. I'll definately be purchasing this stuff regularly.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You can put me in the Wipe-Out camp too. I also use their Accelerator with it. I usually let it stew 30 minutes or so. Even real nasty factory tubes are pretty much clean in 3 go-rounds.

I'll also second using clear plastic tubing and hosing it in from the chamber end.

I haven't used a brush in over 3 years smile

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DanAdair
I haven't used a brush in over 3 years smile

me neither. Works awesome

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I love the way Wipe Out works. I originally used a soda straw for an applicator, then the red straw. I am never sure when to stop pressing the button to be sure that I have filled the bore without having it all come back out into the action. With the new applicator what becomes of all the foam that is left in the tube?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Another vote for Wipe Out.

Karma and Trouble have busses, and there's always an empty seat.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 10Glocks, 65 invisible), 2,268 guests, and 1,323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,695
Posts18,494,204
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.