Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Can't know enough about them nor do I care to. I have a hard enough time giving a [bleep] about people I care about, and there ain't many of them.

What I do care about are the children and I assume, naively so I admit, is that ADULTS will do what is necessary to ensure the happiness and health of those children. The adult's needs be damned.

Well said

The kids in these situations are the innocent bystanders and they suffer greatly. Been there done that from the kids point of view.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Holding a marrage together for the "sake of the kids" is a farce for the kids. From the time I was a small boy, my mom told me; "when you boys are out of the house, I'm leaving your Dad" Kids can see unhappiness in parents period. This is no way to grow up. Later in life Dad told me mom cut him off after I was conceived. No Nookie at ALL!!! 'till mom left him, just like she said she would, and he re-married. I STILL feel bad for him.
Virgil B.

Last edited by vbshootinrange; 06/21/09.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
My wife read this thread and has gotten all uppity about it,...says that the wife has the right to cut her man down to whatever she feels is appropriate.

To demonstrate her newfound empowerment,...she's got me down to twice a day.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
she's got me down to twice a day.
++++++++++++++++

I ain't ever dropping to me knees begging, much less twice a day!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
lolol,....

Yeah,...she's in there right now fryin' me up a plate of oysters and singin' that old Helen Reddy song.

IC B2

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
lolol, myself!

Happy Dad's Day, Bristoe!

Last edited by isaac; 06/21/09.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Same to you, Isaac.

My kids are taking me out to dinner,...at their favorite pizza place, of course,...and I get to pay the tab,..but it'll be a good time.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
My wife read this thread and has gotten all uppity about it,...says that the wife has the right to cut her man down to whatever she feels is appropriate.

You are full of more [bleep] than a Christmas turkey... grin

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
lolol,...uh-oh!,..she's back again!,..*whew*

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You think daddy not coming home every not will help her with her character? Methinks two ADULTS, read ADULTS, can do much and provide a happy setting for children despite the failings in their romantic relationship.

Adult is a word lost on many and it is far easier to cut and run these days. Everything has consequences but I still believe two ADULTS are better than one where children are concerned.

If the parties can live in peace for the kids...SH is right...its better. Not always possible...but when possible, its better. I watched what my kids went through knowing what thier dad had done to me. Truth DOES hurt, and it often hurts the innocent.

"Courage is Fear holding on a minute longer."
-Gen. Patton
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
lolol,...uh-oh!,..she's back again!,..*whew*

Better have another plate of them oysters B., cause you may be disappointing her pretty soon if ya' don't......... smile

You must be doing OK though, cause I think I can still hear her singing..........

"I am woman, hear me roar
-In numbers too big to ignore
-And I know too much to go back an' pretend"...

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by ADK4Rick
he's not on this site,hates computers.

yes 2 times a year no more

I'm not gonna read all the comments on this thread. However, if my wife said only twice a year, she'd be out on her stingy booty and I'd be looking for a replacement. Sex is an integral part of the marriage vow and contract, and to with hold or restrict it to that degree is a violation of the marriage contract between you, the wife and God.
I do believe that would be grounds for a divorce.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If all you men want is sex don't get married. A man will always get more sex single than he will ever married. Marriage isn't about sex. You Christians ought to know that.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Being cut down to twice a year means it's time to find someone else. I've been there before.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by derby_dude
If all you men want is sex don't get married. A man will always get more sex single than he will ever married. Marriage isn't about sex. You Christians ought to know that.

With my schedule, I definitely get more married smile . I just don't have the time or inclination to chase tail anymore. A guy actually has to go out where there are crowds to deal with that. Nope, much better off now.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Agreed, I get more tail from married women also.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Agreed, I get more tail from married women also.

grin

Dude, you are going hunting with us in December, right? You know how many of us are going and our general AOs. I'm definitely having one of my pards check my house while I'm gone.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Stayin for the kids is a crock, no matter how well the parents can "hide" the underlying problems. Been there, done that. It still effects the kids.

As to the main issue...it sounds like she "left" 5 years ago...and is just keeping him around for convenience of other circumstances (could be financial, or whatever)

Living with that kind of guilt isn't easy. I wouldn't wish it on anyone, or my worst enemy...Having been on the other end of the spectrum, Id just as soon not been told about it. It cut, deeply.

Besides, if they get divorced, and he admitted that information, its just ammo for her to use against him...

Nic
Lovin life as a farmer and wife!
X2 Farm
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SnowHunter
Stayin for the kids is a crock, no matter how well the parents can "hide" the underlying problems. Been there, done that. It still effects the kids.

No doubt kids are affected Nic, but perhaps over the long run, not having a daddy in the house at all affects them a lot more.

Ya' know?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by nemesis
Originally Posted by SnowHunter

No doubt kids are affected Nic, but perhaps over the long run, not having a daddy in the house at all affects them a lot more.

Ya' know?

I can tell you, in the interem, and for us, its been 10 months...its effected them POSITIVELY. They're THRIVING! And thier Dad will be as much a part of thier life as HE Makes himself...its up to the PARENTS to be a part of thier kids lives, whether they're married, divorced, or whatever.

Kids know...and you don't realize the damage till the situation cracks. I've seen it first hand. Had I known how bad it effected them, I wouldn't have stuck around so long.

Nic
Lovin life as a farmer and wife!
X2 Farm
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (1minute, 1234, 007FJ, 160user, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 61 invisible), 2,081 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,778
Posts18,495,871
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.