Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
The new General changed the rules of engagement for ground troops in Afghanistan. They can now only request air support if they are being over run. I wonder how many us soldiers will die because of this new policy?

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I deleted my previous post on the subject. This is part of the Obama kindler and gentler military of course. He continues to inspire and exude the utmost strength and confidence.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Gen. Stanley McChrystal, who took command of international forces in Afghanistan this month, has said his measure of effectiveness will be the "number of Afghans shielded from violence" � not the number of militants killed.

Yeah, that'll work...

Wonder where insurgents will take up shop now? Civilian homes?

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Our military has suffered the damned politiceans making decisions based on political reasoning vs. allowing the generals and admirals to make military decisions since Korea, and with dire results.

It's a damn shame that we as a country don't stand behind our fine men and women in uniform when they go off to battle.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This is not good for those of us who are in or about to go to Afghanistan.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Our military has suffered the damned politiceans making decisions based on political reasoning vs. allowing the generals and admirals to make military decisions since Korea, and with dire results.

It's a damn shame that we as a country don't stand behind our fine men and women in uniform when they go off to battle.
This will only get MUCH worse under Hussein.

MOLON LABE
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
How many times does it take for our politicians to learn. Obviously at least once more. This has happened every time since Korea, with great regularity. It always ends up costing our soldiers, some their lives. When will they ever learn that when the soldiers are in the field, that they have failed and to sit down and shut-up. At this point nobody wants to talk and it is time for the military to clean up another of their failures. Maybe I should delete this post also, but this totally pisses me off.

You can do more with a kind thought, and a gun, than you can do with just a kind thought.- Al Capone
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Funny how it's always Democrat Presidents that pull this shyt. Apparently bad PR is more important than soldiers lives but then we already knew that Obama doesn't give a shyt about the military.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Obama is reminding me more and more of Carter every day.

Hopefully, his re-election campaign goes just as well.

MOLON LABE
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That is exactly what happens to these Flag/General Officers after they reach three stars or above. Their retirement pay is subject to approval by the Senate. Man I would NEVER refuse a call for CAS if our guys asked for it. What is happening to us? (rhetorical question for you democraps)....jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
And we said it could never be worse that billy boy, hilzilla and the ilk of some of those of star rank in their good graces

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
It may be that the days of a "Volunteer Army" are numbered. Who in their right mind would volunteer to fight is a Puzzified Army (Military). Back to the draft I think..how else will they find suckers to do battle with one arm tied behind their back. If you are going to war, well, go to war. ROE's need to be reasonable, safe for our men and not stupid.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I saw his speech today, where he spent an hour actually saying nothing. I was kind of in shock. I did hear that the rules of engagement would include not attacking terrorists in residential areas to reduce collateral damage. It reminds me of when we started in Iraq and we weren't allowed to shoot at the insurgents firing at us from mosques. I have friends whose sons were there (one still is) and they said the Iraqis would point out their movements from the roof tops and they wanted very much to lob a grenade onto a roof now and again, but rules of engagement forbade it.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
First off, i applaud our men and women over there, fighting the terroists. so, please, no flaming for my serious question.

we overran Iraq, hung Hussein, & kilt his two sons. we're still there, but things are slowing down. i have no clue whether the oil is flowing at full-capacity or not??

anyways, the Russians were run out of Afganistan. Now, we've taken their place. what is the issue?? Opium flowing to Europe and the USA??

the Taliban? what do they believe that we don't accept? what is the issue?? Sure, our technology is better than theirs. but, what are we trying to accomplish? what did Russia try to accomplish?? why hasn't it been accomplished already?

heh, this is from the heart. why are we fighting the Afgans on their own land??? what is the global view of this adventure??

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Were fighting the taliban cuz they started this fight.

why hasnt it been finished yet? tell the fricken politicians to stay the hell out of it.

You cannot tie there hands, its just asking for defeat. It will still be bushs fault, I know but come on. Our military lives are a hell of alot more important than some freak terrorist that wants us dead.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Politicians should only be allowed to make laws, military should be only be allowed to win wars their way.
Every time we have had politicians involved in war, we lost men needlessly.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
And if we elect a president with no military background this is what we often get.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI
... Man I would NEVER refuse a call for CAS if our guys asked for it. ....

Well, with any luck, there still plenty of Artillery available?

I hope.

Fire for Effect, over.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We called Australian artillery almost daily. Our US F16 kicked a lot of Taliban arse. We need it. With the other NATO forces so tied up they really counted on us to carry the big stick.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Gus
First off, i applaud our men and women over there, fighting the terroists. so, please, no flaming for my serious question.

we overran Iraq, hung Hussein, & kilt his two sons. we're still there, but things are slowing down. i have no clue whether the oil is flowing at full-capacity or not??

anyways, the Russians were run out of Afganistan. Now, we've taken their place. what is the issue?? Opium flowing to Europe and the USA??

the Taliban? what do they believe that we don't accept? what is the issue?? Sure, our technology is better than theirs. but, what are we trying to accomplish? what did Russia try to accomplish?? why hasn't it been accomplished already?

heh, this is from the heart. why are we fighting the Afgans on their own land??? what is the global view of this adventure??

I see you are still a Code Pink commie [bleep] Gus.

Sam......

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

664 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 59 invisible), 2,435 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,626
Posts18,512,025
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.