Got the Appy Trails Mk V today, still waiting for the stove jack and pipe from Ti Goat.
1. Small and light. I can believe the claimed 2 lb 10 oz weight. In the sack it is about the size of a roll of french bread.
2. Easy setup, Took less than 5 minutes first time out of the bag. I did cheat and read the instruction on the website a few days ago.
3. Seems pretty stable. We have 10 - 15 mph breezes tonight and it stands up solid. It could be tough for one person to set up in a strong wind though.
4. Pretty well made. All seams seemed tight.
5. Breaks down and packs up quick. I had it back in the bag in a few minutes, and that's with a 4 year old and 2 year old helping
6. Possible modifications, other than a wood stove. Add a zipper to the door, add a few more velcro tabs to the foot vent for more secure closure, add a small fabric loop near the peak to hang a candle lantern or LED light from.
Sam at Appy Trails was very helpful. We traded e-mails and played phone tag for a few days last week, but he called me back Friday night after normal business hours. I gave him my credit card info and he sent it by priority mail on Monday morning ($9.30). He even sent me an e-mail to tell me it was on the way. The tent actually arrived at my office Wednesday but I was out and didn't get it until today.
All in all a pretty good buy for $120, can't wait to test it out.
See the pics below for additional comments:
N07/3617864701/ [/img] Packs up Small
N07/3617860985/ [/img] Pitches tight to the ground. The front wall is pretty steep but the instructions do say to pitch it tail end to the wind.
N07/3618684264/ [/img] I like this, the doors can be left open lean too style on a warm night or to watch the rain.
N07/3617864383/ [/img] Screened vent at the foot with weather flap secured by velcro
N07/3617863915/ [/img] Screened vents at the peak, also with velcro flaps
N07/3618679588/ [/img] peak vents from the outside, they have some type of foam rubber in them to keep them arched open
N07/3617861929/ [/img] Alminum pole stands up to the the boy test, and the boys like it.
N07/3617860259/ [/img] seems are double stitched
N07/3617863477/ [/img] I'm thinking of putting the stove jack in the right front door flap. I'll decide after the pipe gets here
N07/3617903255/ [/img] Perfect for two adults and a stove, a little tight for three with a stove but in an emergency I could get the whole family in and warm. It says 5 man but 2 of them better be under 4'
N07/3618680252/[/img] rear view, kinda shows how tight it pitches to the ground