Print Thread
Hop To
Page 192 of 1,842 1 2 190 191 192 193 194 1841 1842
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
talked to a nurse this morning, they want me to come in. when i told her the effected area was about 10" by 7" on the back of my leg she figured that was a bit extreme. she didn't like it when i told her my ear canals swelled shut either. she figures they'll have to get me a prescribtion for one of those epi pens or what ever they are called.

Something clever here.

GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I kinda wondered when you said that about your ear canals, never heard of that...it is a bit extreme...I'm guessing it might be Epipen time!
Hope this leg clears up for you in a hurry!
Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Thanks, it's embarrassing limping around & the best explanation I have is "bee sting"

Us Marine veterans of forien war would prefer to have an explanation like "shattered femur" or "bullet wound"

Bee sting just doesn't quite have the same sort of effective explanation to it....

Hang my head in shame grin

Something clever here.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
ND; something I stumbled on to years ago that works for me ( now mind you, this is free medical advice...and as they say, you get what you pay for...)I used to carry Primatene Mist in an inhaler with me for bee occasions. Got stung once, took my snort and figured what the hell? Held the inhaler over the sting and gave it a squirt. Worked like magic! Tried it a couple other occassions, same results!
So I actually asked a real doctor about it, he said " we don't reccomend it.."
" But it works, doesn't it? " I retorted...
" Yep"...he said sheepishly....
file it under the FWIW column....
Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
thanks, could have used that before i went in & got 2 big shots in the ass for my alergic reaction.

I guess they took it pretty seriously.

couple of shots, one of which hurts equal to or greater than the swollen bee area, and a couple of prescriptions, one for the pen & one antibiotic.

Something clever here.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I cant help but think you are a lucky customer there ND. If that bee would have made it around to the inside of your leg, you might have something else stung and swollen. That would NOT be a good time a'tall.

I one time sucked a bee up a straw...backwards. Little bastage stung me right in the middle of my tongue too. Of course everyone had to hear about it at work. Wasnt that manly of an injury. They sure do pack a wallop though.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Dave, nothing to be embarassed about. Bee allergies can be very serious, even deadly. Make sure you always keep that epie pen with you and get medical help quick if you have to use it.

The problem with bee stings is that you may have mild to moderate reactions for years then wham, you end up not being able to breathe and have to get to a ER.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Stupid bees.

grin

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Dang ND, that's a bummer.

I haven't been able to breath very well through my nose at night for alittle over a year. Finally broke down and went to an Allergist. I told him the situation and he asked what allergies I had. I told him pollen season was tough on the sinuses and wasp made me swell alot when I'd been stung in the past, but that was about all I knew of. They did an allergy test where they prick you with 60+ needles with various junk on them, I could have slapped that nurse it was so bad. Turned out I was allergic to all but 5 things and puffed up all over from the tiny amount they poked me with. Perscribed a long list of junk along with the epi pens. I'm not taking the stuff yet, too dang expensive. I went in just because I wanted to breath better at night and now they tell me I'm allergic to just about everything I touch! Got to pull the carpet in the house, get an air purifier, plastic bed and pillow covers..... What a joke!

Good luck healing up.

loder

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
man now that sucks.

I'll be fine. what ever they juiced me up with, well the one shot had a delayed pain thing, when it kicked in it felt like I took a hard hit from an aluminum bat. I don't know which one mad me all jumpy but I found my hands & fingers twitching involuntarily through full rang of motion as I walked around at work trying to do my job.

I think I had the worse work day of my life today, sora thing that makes a guy want to quit. Sorta thing that has made me quit a job before.

The bee stuff & clinic visit was nothing compared to the rest of my day.

I'm home now with my family, my youngest is going to help me light the charcoal grill then adjust the windshield on my bike, then we're just going to hang out & do what ever.

later.

Something clever here.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Dave,
If you're gonna walk funny like that maybe you oughta get a parrot to sit on your shoulder and keep muttering stuff like "Arrr matey" and "shiver me timbers".
I got the new Tokarev pistol today.I LIKE IT!!!

Stan in SC

Last edited by Stan_in_SC; 06/25/09.

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I do have an unhealthy comical interest in the pirate thing. I'll take that into consideration.

You've got some cool toys Stan, I'm so glad you are here today healthy & having fun.

any worries with the recoil on that 45-70?

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
well enough of bee talk.

I have been slacking on my blueberry update for camp chickenbuck area.

for all my blueberry picking friends, these pictures are a week old now. it looks good don't you think?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I say it's goung to be a good year, season will go 4 to 5 weeks beginning as early as the 3rd week in July & running possibly through the entire month of august.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
That's a little unsettling; I'm glad you got medical attention. Bee stings are supposed to be like nasty mosquito bites.

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
An eyepatch would really set off the pocket protector and propeller beanie...

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
The stuff they juiced you up with was probably epinephrin...aka adrenilane...it'll give you the twitches, and when it wears off you might crash....get ready.
Those blueberries are givin' me the twitches...I could do stuff with them!
Ingwe

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
bucktail,EXCELLENT observation.I really got a chuckle out of that one.
Dave,the 45/70 can be as gentle or as brutal as you load it.I use a load that is about 75% of what it can be with really good accuracy.Like any handloads you can go full tilt Bozo and knock you shoulder off.What I load is actually very pleasant to shoot.
My Marlin and Handi rifle in 45/70 will get different loads than the Siamese.I will have to work up the accuracy load for the Siamese.I have already done that for the Handi and the Marlin lever.
I am anxious to get out and shoot the new pistol.I took it completely down and cleaned all of the cosmoline out of it last night.7.62X25 is going to be interesting to say the least.
Linda and I have Blueberries planted in our back yard and they are just about ready if we can salvage any from the wild animals.
The wet Spring was good for the fig crop.My tree is LOADED.We stand out there and eat as many as we put in the basket.

Stan

Last edited by Stan_in_SC; 06/26/09.

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
A little late now that you've got the Rx for the epi-pen but Benedryll will help with those allergic reactions from stings too. We were putting up a garage and a friend got nailed by a bee on his arm with the truck window down on his way over to help. When he got there he had to sit down and was having some trouble breathing. Took a while for him to come around, he carries an epi-pen now.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Holy smokes dave, glad you're alright!

I hate bees.

Camp is where you make it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I was carrying benedryll in my wallet & took some right after the sting.

Maybe it did help, I dunno.

Something clever here.

Page 192 of 1,842 1 2 190 191 192 193 194 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 53 invisible), 2,438 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,455
Posts18,489,729
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.