Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 140 of 173 1 2 138 139 140 141 142 172 173
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Rogue
The son and I slayed em this weekend on the upper Rogue. Royal Coachmen and dunns mostly.

Rogue: Floating or wading/walking on the Rogue? Your water level must be a little more normal, if you had a good trip on dries...most of ours here is high, and the color of coffee with cream.....keep after them, it'll only continue to get better now.
And I agree with what Danny said...fishing with the fly ( especially the dry) is more like hunting...love it!
Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
HR IC

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Ingwe: Fishing...done correctly....IS hunting wink

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by BobinNH
Ingwe: Fishing...done correctly....IS hunting wink

Yep, and the best part is if I decide to pack home some meat in the form of a few brookies...I can pack it all out by myself! grin
Not like those wascally wapiti!!!
Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Waptiti are fun till they hit the ground.... frown

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Reminds me of a couple moose hunting jokes...

#1: Moose camp is great fun, till some damn fool goes and ruins it by shooting a moose!

#2: Moose hunting is like masturbation. It's all fun and games till you pull the trigger... then you've got a mess on your hands.

Got lucky with my elks last year. Both were relatively easy to extract- for elk. I've found myself deep in some gawd-awful hole a few times, looking for elk, and realized that I'd be insane to even shoot one down there, and backed out with my tail between my legs... I keep hoping I'm smart enough to not do that anymore.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B2

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I'll just have to take your word on #2......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
ingwe,
We where wading and banking it.� The Rogue River above Lost Creek Lake is pretty narrow almost small stream stuff.� The Rogue below Lost Creek Dam has great winter steelhead wading and of course the Rogue "claims" to be the original river for the drift boat.� We use pontoon boats and aluminum drift boats.� Bank fishing does have merits for jankin salmon a couple hour before or after work.� You might get beat to death with bead head nymph if you float a plastic boat down here.� Lots of metal boat companies here.� The hippies up in Eugene claim they figured out the drift boat but they smoke way to much hemp and tend to be a little confused about some things.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Rogue; good on ya...wading for trout is my favorite, I can "hunt" 'em that way wink
Know what you mean about Eugene, was just south of there last year helping out at a school training Narcotics Dogs...a couple days there and I wondered why we were training Narc Dogs in Oregon...everyone ( including county prosecutors) turn a blind eye to the stuff there. Amazing...( the MacKenzie looked good though!!!)
Ingwe

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Call me weird............but I'm actually enjoying this thread as of late. The pontoon is loaded in the truck and I'm on the road, Georgetown bound. Lookin forward to seeing the Pintlers again. The Brookies are waiting.............

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
you need to catch one of these on a fly [img:center]http://tinypic.com/r/68tvz8/5[/img] [Linked Image]

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Whip; Take pics of the Brookies!
Ingwe

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by stxhunter
you need to catch one of these on a fly [img:center]http://tinypic.com/r/68tvz8/5[/img] [Linked Image]

YOU SUCK!!! laugh
( If youve seen enough of my posts...that's my euphemism for " I wish I was the guy in that picture!")
Dat's the REAL THING!!!!
Verrryyy Coooll... cool
Ingwe

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My son on one of the pontoons up on Hiatte Lake. No tarpon, just rainbow and small mouth.

[img:left][Linked Image][/img]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The boy with a stringer of hatchery bows. The dogs love fishing too.

[img:left][Linked Image][/img]

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Ya gotta have a dog when you are fishin'...best buddies...and mine does double duty running interference between me, and moose and Griz..
[Linked Image]
Your basic Montana Cow Dog Border Collie X Australian Shepherd, scary smart...
Ingwe

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
you can catch tarpon like that all summer off of bobhall pier here on padre island.i've caught a couple that were much larger than that one, that i caught back in 05.its quit the challenge to land one off a pier. you can't chase them like you do in a boat

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ingwe
Rogue; good on ya...wading for trout is my favorite, I can "hunt" 'em that way wink
Know what you mean about Eugene, was just south of there last year helping out at a school training Narcotics Dogs...a couple days there and I wondered why we were training Narc Dogs in Oregon...everyone ( including county prosecutors) turn a blind eye to the stuff there. Amazing...( the MacKenzie looked good though!!!)
Ingwe

Its "Mckenzie", and if you can keep the mealy little planters off your hook, there's some nice fish in that river.

As to the other... We Oregonians are a freedom-loving sort, preferring to keep the government out of our homes and personal business. I guess we are conservative that way, eh? wink

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Seems as if the gov is more into our homes and lives than any time since the civil war.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
MacKenzie is something Filson makes, isn't it??? grin
Or somebody somewhere that makes Scotch...
As to the other controlled substances...I was shocked at the number of tweakers I saw there...and I have this personal grudge match with Dope anyway...
That being said, I could never ( Really..) figure out if we should legalize it, or have a zero tolerance policy...this in between stuff gets muddy...
As for the personal freedom thing, its pretty muddy there too....the seat belt law is primary and mandatory, but you can have up to 4 oz. "personal use" marijuana on you....I'm not feelin' it...
Ingwe

Last edited by ingwe; 06/30/09.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by stxhunter
you can catch tarpon like that all summer off of bobhall pier here on padre island.i've caught a couple that were much larger than that one, that i caught back in 05.its quit the challenge to land one off a pier. you can't chase them like you do in a boat

Ive caught a few Baby Tarpon while fooling around FL...but nothing like that one...They are the "Real thing"
Ingwe

Page 140 of 173 1 2 138 139 140 141 142 172 173

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

511 members (219DW, 219 Wasp, 2500HD, 1badf350, 1936M71, 222Sako, 59 invisible), 2,453 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,441
Posts18,489,474
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.