-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well he likely has vision issues... He uses the term vignette trying to say it helps him keep his head in the middle of the scope. What he really means is he has tunnel vision of the worst kind.

It is one thing to see only a little bit of what is passing by, an entirely different thing to seek it.

It is bragging about scope vignetting and the expansive field of view at the same time... Somewhere reality has to rear up and set the record straight. No free lunches and no physical laws overturned.

But taking political "insight" from the sort is just so special...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Montanaborn
On the news this evening the general concensus is that she's sick of politics. They said she can basically 'write her own ticket' for paid speaking engagements.

The article I read quoted her as saying, in part, she was tired of paying for legal representation on unfounded ethics complaints and the vicious attacks on her family. . She said it took no personal funds for activists to file the complaint but that she had spent $500,000 on legal fees and was tired of it. She had better things to do with her money and was not dropping out but aiming higher. I inference I got was beating Lisa for senate. Sarah has my vote for either office she heads for.

I'm not cheap, I'm frugal.
[Linked Image]
T
T
First time poster here and from a Midwester hick, first I really enjoy this forum, you all get to the heart of things, second most of the media is worthless, with their own agenda, why iisten to them now and third Sara has a large group of supporters here in Indiana who will work and write checks to support her. I have already done so.
Sorry for the run n sentence...

Last edited by ThomB; 07/04/09.

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Instructor
NRA Range Officer
NRA Benefactor Life
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
I betcha there's a scandle causing her to abandon her post... We'll see.

She's un-electable on a national stage. Fair warning. Don't get your hopes up.

If there was only one pile of skunk chit in the entire forest you would manage to step in it. However, it's everywhere in some kind or another and you manage to find all of it.

You think stepping down would cause the bloodsuckers to forget about any potential impropriety by a high profile Republican Governor?

Her stepping down makes a run for the Presidency unlikely. However it makes sense if she wishes to start pushing for a seat in the Senate. She is a lame duck official who has been moved off the front page. However, this strategy places her front and center for all to see and hear what she stands for and would hope to accomplish as a Senator.

Must make your little jollies jump to take a veiled shot at another elected official-and an Alaskan at that-who supports most of what is important to the majority of us on the fire.

You couldn't carry her pack across the street let alone on a hunt.

Addition: Jeff, my hope is for you to never leave the fire. It always an advantage to know how the enemy thinks.

Last edited by battue; 07/04/09.

laissez les bons temps rouler
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
For some reason, I'm thinking she's possibly setting her sights on Don Young in the upcoming mid-terms.

He's getting up there in the years. She would be a real shock to the House of Reps should she somehow be elected. Can't you guys just see her swapping barbs with Pelosi in the House chamber?

IC B2

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by Calvin
[bleep] JeffO thinks he's worthy to post on the Alaska forum.. Funny.

Just put the moron on "ignore". As Palin said, life is too short to spend it on nonsense.

My wife and I listened to most of Palin's press conference last night. Made sense to us why she was stepping down now. When Palin runs for national office, we will be ready with full support. Wife has never volunteered on a political campaign before but she wants to work for Palin's campaign for whatever office she seeks. God help their opponent. smile

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Jeff, when you get Oregon straightened out, come see us.

Jim
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by RockHopper

Just put the moron on "ignore". As Palin said, life is too short to spend it on nonsense.

Never ignore your enemy and JO goes beyond someone you just disagree with. He can hunt, shoot, twist stony points-pun intended-wear camo and chew tobacco, but when he trashes the the soul of what you know to be right he is not to be trusted.

For those who engage him in polite discourse re: hunting and shooting understand you are just being used as a game piece.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mcknight77
Jeff, when you get Oregon straightened out, come see us.

That right there's funny!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Batch, this clears the deck for war. She can now go out of state without being criticized for wasting Alaskan taxpayer's money. She can go on the speaking circuit and get her family out of debt and build a war chest of money.

As one pundit said yesterday, she can go to a mall in the Shenandoah Valley any day and draw a huge crowd of supporters. I suspect she'll take the path that Ronald Reagan took by speaking anywhere and everywhere to get her message out. I think she will be successful on all counts.

I also think the Repubs better knock off the personal attacks and the condescending attitude about her and show her some respect or she's going to take the Repub base to a third party that she could easily stand up at her discretion.

She's a very big danger to all the Republican Party and to RINOs in particular. She's going to speak and she's going to raise a bunch of money. They better get on board or they will die a quick death (they've already got one foot in the grave).

Everybody paying taxes will listen to her message. Many will discount her message because they're stuck in the past of the Republican party. They'd better listen. She's going to attract some quality people who can help her efforts. She'll build momentum just as Reagan did. She'll draw a huge following of haters. It remains to be seen how she'll handle them. Hopefully she'll stay on message.

She's being criticised for leaving her job. But, with national aspirations, that's the only choice she had. Frankly, the governorship of Alaska was a millstone around her neck. She's free of that now and free to take her message to the national stage.

She's now unencumbered when it comes to criticizing liberals, including the President. And, I think she will. If this economy doesn't turn around by this time next year, she'll have all the ammo she needs. She already has all the huge national debt and the disenfranchizement of the Republican base to work with. She's going to pound both the Repubs and the Demos on both issues. She'll ask what they are going to do about both issues and she'll get deafening silence from them. But, both the Repub base and the independents who worry about the future of their kids will listen. And, I think she will draw their money.

The one thing this country has very seldom had from the ruling parties is a "loyal opposition". I suspect she'll take up that mantle by talking patriotism, the future of our kids, and fiscal and moral responsibility. She'll have a willing audience.

I also suspect she'll have both Rush and Hannity get on board soon. They both make their money with controversy. They'll be plenty to go around when she starts speaking out.

Jim
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
A last minute press conference with a rambling 7 minute speech .... full of holes.

Also in this mornings blogging .......... posted from Juneau.

"The rumor is, there will be Federal indictments over the house the Palins built using materials from the Wasilla Sports Complex. She saw the train coming and gave up."

It's also clear to some in Juneau that Palin flew in yesterday afternoon and started setting 'damage control' ....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Feds in AK get how much respect these days following Ted and Bill Allen? They have clearly showed their liberal-leaning panties...

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

When has the FBI ever had respect ....

and I repeat just 'RUMOR' and probably even not true.

Time will tell.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ropes
A last minute press conference with a rambling 7 minute speech .... full of holes.

"The rumor is, there will be Federal indictments over the house the Palins built using materials from the Wasilla Sports Complex. She saw the train coming and gave up."

It's also clear to some in Juneau that Palin flew in yesterday afternoon and started setting 'damage control' ....

One would think that Spenard Builders Supply must have supplied a significant portion of the material they used considering that they featured the Palins and their home in their TV commercials years ago - long before she was anything more than the mayor of Wasilla. (SBS is a major building material supplier here in the state.)

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
I betcha there's a scandle causing her to abandon her post... We'll see.

She's un-electable on a national stage. Fair warning. Don't get your hopes up.

First orginal thoughts from our resident libtard...........

NRA Lifetime Member
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Vote with 'yer checkbook, boys.

Watch 'Yer Topknot!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ropes

You could always help this Juneau blogger with legal fee's. grin grin grin grin grin

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090705/ap_on_re_us/us_palin_resigning

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I loved the compelling argument over her house and the Wasilla project having the same windows... So it must have been graft...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If that were likely several of us down here would get investigated...because pretty much everything like that comes from about two places, regardless of who is building it or for whom.

Dennis

"The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets."

"If you're asking me something technical, you may be looking for My Other Brother Darrell."

"It ain't foot-pounds that kills stuff -- it's broken body parts."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I know I will get slammed here--I am by no means anti-Palin, but similarly, am not currently a Palin cheerleader with such an abrubt abandonment. I remain cautiously curious about her step-down. If the mud slinging is too much for her here, how the hell is she going to handle a national post. Simply, I am puzzled and will remain so until more news, if any, surfaces.

That said, should an actual scandal erupt, I resepct her for stepping out now, keeping the focus more on her instead of the state in general.

Will

Since the World is 2/3 Water and Only 1/3 Land, Figures the Good Lord Intended I Fish More Than I Plow.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 1_deuce, 59 invisible), 14,711 guests, and 1,014 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,180
Posts18,543,185
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.