-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 141 of 173 1 2 139 140 141 142 143 172 173
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here's a few pics from the Georgetown Lake trip. We had a great time; weather was perfect and the fish were hungry. I caught more brookies in the 19-22" range than I ever have before there...14 total in three days fishing, 4 over 20" grinFWP manages this lake for the "trophy" brook trout, and it's catch and release only, though bait slingers can fish the area. Going to C&R has drastically cut down on the slingers, as they keep catching fish they can't keep...we kindly advise them where the rainbow's are easy to catch and they happily go elsewhere. Coolest thing I saw was a young boy about 8 or 9 catch a 20"+ brookie after getting away from his know it all dad. He did it all by himself, and he walked 150 yards with his prize to show his dad. Well, needless to say, the fish didn't make it, but the fact that he couldn't keep it didn't wash away the smile...he's probably still talking about it. Shame on dad for not telling him about the regs, but at least he's getting him out there fishing. [img:left][Linked Image][/img]
[img:left][Linked Image][/img]
[img:left][Linked Image][/img]
The pics don't do the fish justice as the colors are just spectacular. A more beautiful trout doesn't exist IMO, and they are definitely scrappers. These fish have thickness to them and thick shoulders. I'm still looking for that magic 24" fish out of Georgetown. Bound to happen someday......

HR IC

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Thanks a bunch for posting that man...Ive been hearing about those brookies for years, but never made the pilgrimage down there to get them...might have to do that!!!
Been fishing a couple of creeks and getting them up to 18" but nothing over...saw a couple that would top that, but thats all.
Hows the fishing there in Georgetown in the fall?
Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Whip.....

YOU SUCK!!!

Hopefully the Boiler is still going to be down the week of the 13th. I'm going to see how many days I can float the Flathead and drink beer in a row laugh

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
How are your Cajun supplies holding out?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good...

The Pepperdouxs only lasted a week though. Tobasco pepper sauce that don't taste like a Douche laugh Brilliant laugh laugh

I can't decide if I like the Tony Cachierres or the Slap Ya Mama better.

You must be wanting more Colter Italian roast??

I'm Irish...

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The fishing there in the fall is supposed to be really good, but I can't say for sure as I've never been down there after August. This time of year into September sees some great hatches, including damsels during the mid day and the caddis in the evenings. Few things as fun as skating dries until dark and drawing savage strikes!!! Anytime you guys want to head that way, let me know and I'll meet ya. Might even be able to help you catch a fish or two.......

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
You may have just volunteered yourself...know it or not..
What length rod...etc?
Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
9 ft. 5 wt, the workhorse, do-all rod. WF floating line. Nothing special here, though the same can't be said about the flies. After years of fishing down there, I've got a pretty good selection. The first few years were pretty lean...I saw a lot of big fish caught, learned a lot, but didn't really put it all together until 5 or 6 years ago. But I still get humbled, like I did this morning. Damn good time, and I'll take any excuse to go down there more frequently. The fishing is that good.

But 18"ers out of a crick is nothing to sneeze at......

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
i'm going offshore tues and wens. picked up a couple hundred lbs of chum today. got a buddy coming down from philly pa and another from dallas.will post pics the yellow fin bite has been good. weather will dictate if we can make the 50 mile run out to colt 45 or ranzel

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Might hafta squeeze by with an 8 ft. 6 weight...I'll worry about it later...but I am thinking I gotta go do it...
Most of my tackle now is light creek stuff, favorite fly rod ( I throw alot of hardware too...sorry, nobody's perfect...) is a 6 Ft. 3 wt. An 18 incher on THAT is a Rodeo!
Ingwe

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by stxhunter
i'm going offshore tues and wens. picked up a couple hundred lbs of chum today. got a buddy coming down from philly pa and another from dallas.will post pics the yellow fin bite has been good. weather will dictate if we can make the 50 mile run out to colt 45 or ranzel

Lets see, Dan just told Whip this....
But I'll tell you the same thing...
YOU SUCK!!! grin

It should not be as easy to induce envy from afar as you have made it seem.... wink
Ingwe

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
stxhunter; I'm sorry, I already told you that in an earlier post, gonna have to amend it...
YOU SUCK BIG TIME!!! laugh
Ingwe

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I miss the days of the offshore tuna bite...did that for years out of San Diego.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
laugh

Like Ingwe says... Telling you YOU SUCK means I'm jealous as hell...

No wait, I had way more fun watching the sweat on my balls sweat, while I was WORKING [yeahfrigginright]

Last edited by DanAdair; 07/04/09. Reason: kan't speel or tipe

I'm Irish...

B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by DanAdair
Whip.....

YOU SUCK!!!

I'm good with that . . . . . . wink

sick sick sick

Greeeeeeen with envy here.

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Caddis hatch was epic last night on the maddy. I have never seen that many hatch at the same time. Still the ticket was rubber legs.

Bikini hatch was epic as well smile

By the way how is the launch at Georgetown? Could I get my drift boat into one of those little coves? I have fished rock creek but never make it to GT.

"It's my main love for all things Ackley. Plus the dude was cool before cool was cool."

SH08
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Ive seen caddis on the Madison on a given evening that looked like foam on the water...'bout like that?
Tough to get a fish on a caddis when there is literally one every square inch of surface....
Just got my tackle lined out for creek fishing, waiting for them to subside a little yet....
Chompin' at the bit...
Ingwe

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ingwe
Ive seen caddis on the Madison on a given evening that looked like foam on the water...'bout like that?
Tough to get a fish on a caddis when there is literally one every square inch of surface....
Just got my tackle lined out for creek fishing, waiting for them to subside a little yet....
Chompin' at the bit...
Ingwe

Exactly. We tried drys for a little while but had much better luck with rubber legs.

"It's my main love for all things Ackley. Plus the dude was cool before cool was cool."

SH08
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There are numerous launches at GT, so getting your drift boat in there would not be a problem. As the weather warms up over the next few weeks and there are multiple hatches going on, a bigger question would be, "Where am I gonna fish." My favorite thing to do is hit the pumphouse for brookies from sun up to about 9 or 10, then back to camp for a bite to eat and then back out from noonish until 2 or 3 in one of the bays to hit the damsel hatch (which can be insane with big rainbows), then back to camp for a siesta, then dinner, then hit it from 7 until dark with the caddis hatch and skating dries. Makes for an awesome day and sometimes all three hatches are "epic" in the same day.

So when you going down?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It will probably be end of july or august. Thanks for the heads up on the hatches. Sounds like fun plus its always easy to drag my wife to p-town for some candy smile

SH08
Page 141 of 173 1 2 139 140 141 142 143 172 173

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 53 invisible), 2,441 guests, and 1,210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,455
Posts18,489,729
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.