-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I have one, and it was unused. It does have a couple of razor slice marks in the stock from when they cut open the heavy plastic bag it was stored in to do an inventory/serial number check. Otherwise, it was new. The wood is nice - some of the others I have seen have had beautiful wood.

I just shot a five-shot group at 50 yards yesterday that was under an eighth of an inch with Wolf Ultra Match. (My buddy who was with me used his calipers and subtracting the bullet diameter gave a group size of .108!) Now if I can just do that consistently....

Lapua Midas L does just as well, but the gun and top quality ammo definitely exceed my capabilities. Sub-half inch 10-shot groups are almost boringly consistent with good match ammo. Mine also likes the Fiocchi Super Match ammo and Eley-Remington EPS.

GB1

D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Kudos on the excellent groups with the Kimber.
I also get excellent accuracy with Midas L, and Wolf Match Target sorted by weight and rim thickness. Haven't tried the Eley-Remington ammo yet. I'll have to buy some and see how it shoots.
Just curious, where did you buy the Fiocchi Super Match ammo?
I've never shot any of it either.

Thanks in advance,

Don

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Don - I got the Fiocchi from SportsmansGuide.com, actually. There are 2 or 3 varieties. One is a lower level for practice that I have not tried, one is Biathalon at a higher velocity (it shoots very well, too!) and then there is the "Super Match Exacta Carbina" which I have had good luck with. I have not tried the silhouette ammo they list, either.

When I have time, I also sort by overall length, in addition to weight and rim thickness.

Here is a link -
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/fiocchi-rimfire-bullets.aspx?a=332337

�That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.� George Orwell
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C

Mine is a very good shooter too. Mine seems to prefer RWS`Target Rifle ammo over anything else, including Eley & Wolf. I pretty much like everything about the rifle except the trigger. It is a decent trigger but not great.
What sighting equipment are you using?

Here's a re-post of mine:

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Cron; 07/10/09.

Regards,
Ron

USASA 1965/69
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
The same friend who measured the group is a gunsmith, and he did a trigger job on mine. I also put a trigger shoe on it, and it is much better than the way it came. I have a 6-24 scope on mine - just a Tasco, but it is working fine.

�That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.� George Orwell
IC B2

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Cron

Mine is a very good shooter too. Mine seems to prefer RWS`Target Rifle ammo over anything else, including Eley & Wolf. I pretty much like everything about the rifle except the trigger. It is a decent trigger but not great.

[Linked Image]

Nice stock - nice grain.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Cron

[Linked Image]

I'm kinda interested in sighting equipment also. I thought about going with the Kimber, but opted for a 40x instead. Mine is an old one (based on the 722 type bolt handle), but shoots reasonably well. I haven't bought any high grade target ammo yet, but Remington high velocity hollowpoints shoot into about 3/8-1/2 inch at 25 yards from the bench using the Redfield sights. Assuming that my aging eyes are up to the task, that is. Might have to stick a big scope on it soon, and see if I can improve.

Are the Kimbers a single shot action? I wouldn't mind getting M82 to complement my M84......

Kaiser Norton

The Kaiser- "If it ain't broke, I can fix that!"

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

630 members (12344mag, 06hunter59, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1337Fungi, 67 invisible), 2,344 guests, and 1,174 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,770
Posts18,476,835
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.