Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#31526 09/18/01
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
To me it is a sad day in our history when a handfull of terrorist can take away the rights and privileges of millions of Americans. The first thing our leaders started yelling was this will change our way of life. Hell if I wanted to live the way other countries do I would move there. This is my country and this citizen is prepaired to defend our way of life, not change it for a single terrorist act. What's wrong with our leaders? Is this the way we were raised to stick our head in the sand at every challenge? This is America, where in the heck are the Americans that are freedom loving and would kick the ass of a politician even suggesting limiting our rights. Dang right I'm angry and MAD, when a free man can't carry a pocket knife, pair of sissors, finger nail clippers, what is our country coming to, a bunch of candy ass numbers for names. Just saw on TV all the everyday things Americans carry that was confiscated at the airports, they can take the airplanes and stick them where the sun don't shine for as this American is concerned, and any other ristricting agency. You bet my senators and representatives will hear from me tomorrow, It's time the grass roots free Americans stood up and drew the line on these politicians that would take our rights. -- no [img]images/icons/mad.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif" border="0[/img] -- no

A hint to the wise is sufficient! Experience is the best teacher!
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
What makes you think you have a right to ANYTHING on a private aircraft. Airlines can set whatever rules they feel necesary to provide safety for the passengers.<P>This is not government provided transportation. This is private industry making rules for the safety of passengers not laws.<P>My advice. Quit whining and don't fly. I fly often and support added security on flights. I want sky marshals on every flight. And unlike you I DO NOT want passengers with pistols. Just keep driving and you have no problems Sonnie. I fly enough to know your solutions are the ridiculous babbling of the clueless. Thank god thats all you can do. Babble away Buddy. <P>Tex

------------------------------------------------

This post was filmed before a live studio audiance.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Tex, -- you ever hear the word,"Public Transportation". Bet your ass I will be driving, have for years, it works. Of course in your condition it may not work for you, guess we were lucky it wasn't a full sized automobile on a public street. [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] -- no

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
These are companies already being sued for their lack of "security" for their passengers in these tragic events. I do not agree with the lawsuits but under current laws they have no choice.<P>And I strongly support any and all added security. If you do not like it don't fly and you lost no rights. And I am protected when I do. So we are both happy OK?<P>Tex

------------------------------------------------

This post was filmed before a live studio audiance.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sonnie now you simmer down. It is their fool airplane and the owners there of can say what you can carry on their airplane and what you can't. I agree with you that some of the new rules are pretty dumb and ain't nothing but feel good stuff but it ain't my airplane. I don't even own any ariline stock (Thank God). Just trust me on this you ain't going to be allowed to carry so much as a set of used chop sticks from now on. Personally I wish they would ban carry on luggage. Not so much from fear of somebody sneaking something on the plane but from the fact that I am mortal tired of some fat woman trying to beat my head off while stuffing an over size tote bag in one of those over head bins.<BR>Now if you feel that you just got to have something well, go down to your friendly quack shack and get the saw bones to write you prescription for a walking cane for your bum knee. Learn how to use the stick. Works for anything less than gunpowder. Or get you one of those soup plate sized belt buckles that have All Around Cowboy 1946 engraved on it. You need it just whip it off and make three or four turns around your hand with the belt and leave the buckle hang free. Makes a real good impromptu flail and will take the starch out of somebody right quick. Got to make sure your pants don't fall down though as that sort of spois the effect.<BR>Remind me to show you how to fight a shank with a hand towell. Mike taught me as he was taught. Guards run into shank wielders all the time. You could use one of those skimpy little blankets the airlines hand out.<BR>There are a hundred things that work against knives that nobody even considers to be weapons or contraband or any thing else. And remember a would be hijacker is going to have just as much trouble getting stuff on an airplane as you do.<BR>BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Boggy, -- seems like everyone missed the point. I don't give a dang about the airlines, I care about these politicians making laws governing how we live day to day in this land of the free. Big brother will be stopping people on the street and shaking down purses and pockets under the guise of security for these candy asses afraid to take care of themselves and afraid to trust anyone else. I have a reservation to fly to Washington Dulles in December but you can bet it will be canceled tomorrow, if we go I will drive and from what I am seeing the airlines can lay off some more. Next they will be doing the same thing to the railroads and busses. That's not the America I was raised with and don't want big brother in my pocket or on my phone. The government is invading everybodys rights with survalence, is that what we want, I don't. <BR>-- no<P>PS, I'm afraid this hand full of terrorist have done more to end the freedoms in or country and change our way of life than an invading army. They have succeeded far above their expectations.

A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR> change our way of life <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Thats the whole point. <P>Its a fact that we are just gonna have to deal with. <P>Our lives and the way we conduct them were changed Sepember 11. <P>And not for the better.

<A HREF="http://TheSouthernOutdoorsman.com" TARGET=_blank>TheSouthernOutdoorsman.com</A>
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sonnie, Well now if that was your point I confess that I missed it and I do apologize. As to the things you mentioned lots of places have stop and frisk laws already if the cops want to use them. You can get your pockets searched now if you try going into an IRS headquarters or Federal Court house and certain other buildings. It is an aggrivation and I don't like it either but short of going to live in a cave and using a barter economy there isn't a whole lot you me or anybody else can do about it. You and me can say hell no but there aren't that many of us left anymore. Most folks seem to want security above all else and never realize that perfect security is a prison. The world has changed since we come along and it ain't ever going back to the way it was. You and me can bellow and romp and stomp all we want to but we are dinosaurs and our day is pretty well done.<BR>One thing that still holds about the American character that I touched on obliquely in my post. Let any organization or government or what ever make a rule or a law and immediately a certain percentage of the population starts figureing ways to get around it. I like that.<BR>BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
NO, I'm curious.What stance did you take when smoking was outlawed in public buildings in Dallas? It's hard for me to imagine you didn't take a position one way or the other on that issue.Gene

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I figure no has a point....maybe overstated a little, but a good point. Someone said we don't have to fly if we don't like it, well I already didn't like the hassle and am sure to like it less now, soooo I won't be flying unless I absolutly have to. Looks like some others feel the same way as air travel is way down. Perhaps it is only temporary, maybe there will be a permanent decrease, I don't know. I do know it has not been good for the airlines and that is not good for our already weakening economy.<P>I also don't want to lose any more freedoms because of a security scare, constitutionally guaranteed or otherwise. <P>I think we are over reacting...seems to me we could have gotten by with arming the pilots and making the cockpit doors more secure. Then just keep the bombs and guns from being onboard and we would be safe enough...My .02, DVNV

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Gene, -- guess I'm just behind times the way this board responds, and time to remember about politics and religon. As for as the smoking issue, I quit in 1964 so it was not an issue for me but to see the people having to stand outside in the wind and cold after all these years of smoking being everyday life was strange. It's kinda like some of these guys saying if you don't want to smell the smoke, don't breathe. They still sell tobacco in almost every store, guess it's like condoms, buy them but go hide to use them. Our country is no fun anymore, you must buy a license for everything or pay off somebody. It's against the law to haul overweight on the highway, buy a permit and it's OK. Want to sell something and you must have a license, they don't want you to have a garage sale and get rid of your unwanted things without a permit. To me the pocket knife thing was the last straw, we are definately not free anymore. Heck here in Texas we have to pay a fee to look at the birds or take a hike on public ground. You can't drink a beer or wine with your dinner in a public park. The list goes on and on, no wonder the kids are wearing orange hair and punching pins all over their bodys, they are withdrawing from society so to speak. Wonder how long it will be before they wake up and say enough is enough? Think this will be my last political opinion on these boards, air heads abound and I am in the front of the class. -- no

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
AW heck, I hope things get a turn around, was greatly saddened to hear about the law suits, as I see it thats one of the biggest problems, to many lawyers and damn liberals.... both want to tell everybody else how to live and think... how do you negotiate with extremeist... you can't and if the liberals ever figure that out, aahh wait.\, they are extremeist too, just at the other end.. my 2cents...

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

679 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 160user, 16gage, 65 invisible), 3,016 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,847
Posts18,478,411
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.