Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Each doctor seems to have his own protocol for therapy. The doc for the guy next to me in recovery told him to start moving it the next day, my doc said no movement for a week. As to showers, my wife had to shower the night before AND the morning of her knee replacement. I wasn't able to shower for a week after my surgery. Again, each doc has his own ideas.

Pain pills and ice are you friends. Do not fall behind on taking the pills. When you start therapy, you may want to take a pill about an hour before. I slept in the recliner for about a month.

I was able to go deer hunting (used a handgun, lefty) one month after surgery. The doc thought I was nuts but I went anyhow. His concern was that I would slip and try to catch myself with the repaired shoulder. I told him I would wear the sling and body wrap, that seemed to satisfy him.

Good luck,

Dale

This space for rent

GB1

Barkoff Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HoundGirl
Originally Posted by Barkoff
[quote=michaln]

While going over the list of stuff to do, the pre-op lady suggested I take a shower either tonight or tomorrow..gee lady, that never crossed my mind. I guess I have that white trash quality about me..though I once did down a 6-pack of Oreos before an appointment with my dentist, who happens to be my fishing partner.

LOL....that funny<gigglin'>...

Bestest of luck!

One of the few times I've got over on him. He rolled his sleeves up and said "alright a-hole, open up"

I surely obliged, "aw for crying out loud, go rinse your mouth".

I just gave him my best look of confusion, "what, what's wrong?"

Your talking about a guy who once had to put a temporary crown on his father's front tooth, so he gave him a gold one. His old man got out to the car and checked his kid's work out in the rear view mirror, then that dago bastard came firing back into the office spitting profanities at his kid. I wish I could have been in that car when old Lido checked his smile in the mirror.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
you guys ain't making the idea of shoulder surgery alluring - at all.

abiding in Him,

><>fish30ought6<><
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
I had my right shoulder[rotator cuff] worked on several years ago. The first piece of advice I would give is not to be a tough guy. Take your pain meds even if you don't think you need them. I learned this lesson the hard way, complete with about three days of hell waiting for the medication to get back in my system and strong enough to do some good. Your recliner is your friend. I aslept in mine for about three weeks. When you get into therapy, be honest with the Dr. and yourself. I went through therapy in a month. It was not fun, but we had elk and deer tags to fill. Good Luck

You can do more with a kind thought, and a gun, than you can do with just a kind thought.- Al Capone
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by fish30ought6
you guys ain't making the idea of shoulder surgery alluring - at all.

It was better than living with the pain and limited movement after I tore a tendon in my shoulder. I couldn't raise my arm above my head, had to support the elbow with the opposite hand when I put my T-shirt on. It hurt every time.

Now I'm as good as new, maybe a little better because the doc cleaned out some arthritis while he was repairing the tendon.

Dale

This space for rent

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not much to say about shoulder surgery. Wife had it last year, I saw what she went through. Not for me..
Had to finally go to the Doc with mine last week it hurt so bad, couldn't even shift my truck into Park. He said I had bone spurs in my neck and gave me an injection for my ACL(acromioclavicular joint).
Good as new now. Hope it lasts for a while smile
Give it time Barkoff. It will be worth it.

g

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good luck Barkoff. I had 2 scopes last year on my elbow and the damn thing needs to opened up again.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 160user, 50 invisible), 2,249 guests, and 1,053 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,664
Posts18,512,948
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.