Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Watch yer topknot!

Thank you for your service!

"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man." --Robert Duvall.
"Fill your hand, you son-of-a-bitch!" --John Wayne.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
What 257wby said +1. Thank you aqnd take care of yourself, and your troops.

You can do more with a kind thought, and a gun, than you can do with just a kind thought.- Al Capone
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
David, Thank you for your service. Be careful over there. God Bless, Bear

Bear

Life is what happens to you as you are making other plans.

NRA Patron Member
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Thanks. I really apppreciate that. I came in the reserves in the fall of 1976, at the very end of 'Nam, and it was way different from this. I had 14 years of active duty before getting out.

It's harder, I think on Andrea and the kids. I'll have days full of things to do, and be with a team of folks I've known for years. She gets to do all the yard work (well, whip the boys into doing it) and have Thanksgiving and Christmas and our birthdays without me there.

I'm humbled by the whole thing, and by the number of folks on the 'fire who have offered to pitch-in if needed.

The Lord has blessed me with Airmen and NCOs who have hearts of gold and chests of steel, who labor out of love of country, ask little, and deliver much.

In one of those "my-dad-told-me-but-I-never-beleived-it" moments, I've come to realize that the more I pour into the service, the more I get back, and the better I treat my folks, the better things are for them and us as a whole.

They've given me so much with their untiring dedication, faith, hard work and loyalty that I'll never really be able to pay them back fully for what they've done for the country.

And for me.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General John Stark.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
David
Just remembered that when we diddrives here a big request was baby wipes. Guess they're indespensable over there.

Agian good luck, take care & God bless and keep you safe.

"That's what happens when your leaders stop being an American and start being a politician." George S. Patton
What would Yoda do...your ass kick it he would.
[Linked Image]
IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
David, I think just your willingness to do what is required in that hell hole easily forgives any "debt" you have incurred in life. At least that is the way I see it. Fortunatly, Military folks aren't being treated as the Viet Nam ones were.
I also think that if you need something, as posted, I am sure if you send the info, it will happen. It seems as though the people at the Fire generally just care about each other. Unusual for an Internet site.
Keep a wary eye out and get back to your family ASAP.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BMT
Originally Posted by David_Walter
It has been my pleasure and my honor to serve these many (now 32+) years.

I remain optimistic for the future of the Republic given the quality of young men and women who are under my command, and that I see around the serivces.

God Love you.

Thank you for your service.

Just shout if you need anything. We will send it ASAP!

BMT

+1 ! THANK YOU for your service, sir! Stay as safe as you can. And let us know if we can help make your tour any easier.

NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by David_Walter
I'm humbled by the whole thing, and by the number of folks on the 'fire who have offered to pitch-in if needed.

You be safe David and let us know if you need anything. Be sure and check back here and your PM's. Some of us get around a bit when there are things we build that need to go downrange so we may be able to share a ummm bug juice. grin

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Stay safe, David! Did I miss how long you are going to be deployed? I hope it isn't as bad as it gets.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A big thanks to David, forty, ford, wahunter, mackay, and the others that are serving(ed).

Last edited by Mac84; 07/16/09.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would be proud to serve under you David, you are the type of leader we need. If I can help in any way just give a shout, I would be honored.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

646 members (007FJ, 1234, 160user, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 65 invisible), 2,969 guests, and 1,340 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,745
Posts18,514,518
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.