Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
5sdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
This is a spin-off of the favorite tv shows thread. It isn't intended to be a "TV Shows I Hate" thread, but rather a confessional for those of us who just could not like a show that "everyone" else liked. Mickey brought up MASH on the other thread.
Here are some offerings to get things started.

Home Improvement - I just never could get going with it. Mostly I don't care for Tim Whathisdoodle.

Seinfeld - I find Jerry nauseating.

Beverly Hillbillies - Somebody should have taken a 2X4 to that Granny creature.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Just for the record, The Beverly Hillbillies wasn't at all about Granny...it was about Ellie Mae. She made everyone else, and the so-called plot, tolerable. whistle
Kind of like the General and those two guys driving it...the show was about Katherine Bach. smile
Barbara Eden --- Genie--- need I say more?

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seinfeld. Too much whining for me.

That seventies show. Just couldn't warm up to it, though it was pretty funny.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Batman ... after reading the comics for 10 years I was expecting something more mature ... then BAM, WHOP, POW! Major disappointment. crazy

Dave
Sticks and stones may break my bones ... but hollow-points expand on impact.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Friends- talk about a bunch of whiners and losers.....

NASCAR- talk about a bunch of whiners and losers.....

Seinfeld- talk about a bunch of whiners and losers.....

I could go on all day....;)

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Now that's funny!

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Everybody loves Raymond. I sure as heck don't. I agree about Friends, come to think of it, I agree about all the rest mentioned.

Thus saith thr lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeh from the lord. Jeremiah 17:5 KJV
jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Seinfeld gets the nomination from me. It always baffled me how that crap could stay on the air for so many seasons.

My idea of hell would be a room where you are subjected to endless Seinfeld re-runs.

Especially heinous sinners (like pedophiles and spammers!) would get an extra dose of episodes with a lot of Kramer and that insipid, repetitive bass guitar theme music.

John

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Have y'all ever noticed that most sitcoms are about some whining, nagging woman who deals everybody fits? 'King of Queens', 'Everybody Loves Raymond' and the two that come to mind.

One of my favorite 'songs' is performed by Rex Harrison in 'My Fair Lady' when he asks the question why can't women be more like men. It's funny and dead-on.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nothing in the past 10-15 years has gained my attention. I need to just S-can the TV except for the news & weather and a couple other channels. NO current shows have my interest.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MColeman
One of my favorite 'songs' is performed by Rex Harrison in 'My Fair Lady' when he asks the question why can't women be more like men. It's funny and dead-on.

Saw a comedian on tv the other day talking about his wife, said he finally realized he had hte choice of either being right, or being happy, but he couldn't be both.

5sdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
If a man says something in the middle of a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong? An oldie, but very accurate.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Man ... you guys are a bunch of whiners! laugh

Dave
Sticks and stones may break my bones ... but hollow-points expand on impact.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
They lost me when advertizing sold at $50,000 a minute, and the best-rated shows were junk that only a mindless fool would be interested in. Reality shows? The life and times of some bimbo-drunk or some queer and his friends in L A...or wherever? Comedy? Al Francken and Lisa Lampanelli(sp) never will be funny. Most of the programming today is an absolute waste of time.
I really don't think most people know how badly they're being victimized by this crap. They're being shown what to like, and they eat it up. Sad.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Seinfield, Married with Children, Rosann

Pretty much ANY show with an actor/actress with a voice that sounds like nails on a chalkboard would get a vote from me for this category laugh

"You can complain because roses have thorns, or you can rejoice because thorns have roses." Ziggy
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Take your pick on anything the so called big three shows (ABC/NBC/CBS) and you might as well throw in Fox as well.

I haven't watched any one of them in years as all of their programming is unadulterated garbage as it's a waist of time watching any of them.

The only programing I watch which has a connection with any of the networks is Fox News.

Thats my HMO.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Pick any twenty programs and I don't like any of them.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
there is one on now,it Stars Willis from Diffrent Strokes as POTUS,Al Franken as a Senator,and the maid from Will and Grace as a Supreme court Justice,not funny at all,more like a horror movie,we can only hope that Ted McGinley will get elected to congress,then we'll know the show is about to be cancelled.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Seinfeld- urban wimps
Batman- too campy

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The list is way to long o here's a few:

Taxi-plain stupid
Seinfeld-??
Three's Company
Roseanne

"That's what happens when your leaders stop being an American and start being a politician." George S. Patton
What would Yoda do...your ass kick it he would.
[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

94 members (808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 7mm_Loco, AdventureBound, 20 invisible), 14,547 guests, and 1,166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,228
Posts18,543,985
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.