Hop To
Page 150 of 173 1 2 148 149 150 151 152 172 173
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thx Mac

The fish of 10K casts they say...grin

46"

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
HR IC

B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Rogue
Hooking a springer on my 8wt lami is a fun ride indeed.

Springer? confused

What's a Springer? Is that one of those fish no one let's us catch anymore? mad

I will be trying to nail Chinooks in the fall. . . . . .

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I really like the flyfish thread...........

Just bought my first flyrod a month or so back and am enjoying it. I haven't been to the stream yet - still mastering the cast and getting all the shiite one needs to properly fish for 12" trout. <g>

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
To heck with mastering the cast B, just get out there and flog the H20 and rip some lips.

Personally, I feel that the fly fish'n part of this thread is the best darn part of it. And I say if anyone begins to talk fly fish'n gack that we drown the bastids...grin

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yea Mark thats a tank. Thats one of those rubber coated gloves. Doesnt do much for there teeth but lets ya get a grip on them.

Springer's on the swing are hard to beat too. Rusty bombers make for a hell of a hit.

Green fish are fun too. Mama is hell in the salt. Never caught one on the fly though.....
[Linked Image]

"It's my main love for all things Ackley. Plus the dude was cool before cool was cool."

SH08
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
OK you guys, I missed a busy day on the thread...
And for those of you catching Halibut and Dorado on a fly...
YOU SUCK! laugh
I really don't have much to throw in here, 'cept to add one to the pics of Pike on a fly....
[Linked Image]
Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Nice Pic. I wish my Chinook on a fly pictures were still "alive" ('puter died)

BM

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The largest King salmon I have seen caught on a fly was 65# and Miss T caught it on the Kenai... Old Fenwick Fenglass 9' rod (with a Hardy Husky... So much for the reel costing no more than the line and all the money going into the rod...) and a lot of time...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ingwe--any chance that particular fly rod would be familar to me...grin

Dober

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski
Ingwe--any chance that particular fly rod would be familar to me...grin

Dober

Damn Dober...I forgot about that...
Yeah, you would know the rod laugh
Thanks again for letting me use it.. grin
Did you see the date on that photo? Ive known you well enough to borrow your stuff for that long.... smile
Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B3

B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
The largest King salmon I have seen caught on a fly was 65# and Miss T caught it on the Kenai... Old Fenwick Fenglass 9' rod (with a Hardy Husky... So much for the reel costing no more than the line and all the money going into the rod...) and a lot of time...

I have been outclassed . . . .

SIXTY-FIVE Pounds, eh?

Sheesh, my bestest on a fly line is 32.

BMT

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
32 is childs play! wink Fished a tiny stream as a kid with lots of 30ish pound kings and a 3 per day limit, on flies. Caught a lot of them up until it closed about 20 years ago. There was the occasional mid-40s king to keep it interesting.

But even after all those kings on flies my best is far short of M's.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
32 is childs play! wink Fished a tiny stream as a kid with lots of 30ish pound kings and a 3 per day limit, on flies. Caught a lot of them up until it closed about 20 years ago. There was the occasional mid-40s king to keep it interesting.

But even after all those kings on flies my best is far short of M's.

I've landed 40's but not on a fly line. . .

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The irony... I made a few posts today and then went up the North Fork to drown some bugs after the very un-eventful trip on the lower river.. Just to make good, if you will.

4 miles of river, and 6 hours of fishing, and I [bleep] slaughtered them. I landed over 150 Cutties today. Biggest was just under 2 Lbs and right about 20". Damn good time today. I even had a Bull Trout follow a little cut into me. I had about an 8"er on the hook, and a Bull hit that. I'm guessing the Bull was about 8 Lbs and 35". Since the FWP closed down a few of the N Fork drainages, the Bull's have made one helluva comeback in the last few years. Now you can get a "Tag" for one per year. I may do that later in the season and try to hook one up on a 6 Wt laugh

I just got home... Good to see the Fly-fhshing thread is alive and well. Wish I took the camera today... laugh

And Dober... I've never fly-fished for Pike in the spring in my area. But Dennis Brieske (local auto body fame) does every spring when I'm busy bear hunting... I know where to go if you're ever interested wink

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
You are a JERK . . . . mad

'cuz you did not bring me . . . grin

Glad you had a productive Friday.

BMT

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
laugh

Seriously.. You know what I missed MOST about work this week??????

Not ONE [bleep]' THING!!

Tomorrow, I'm going to play with my new tube on Kimber #2 and then maybe go fishing wink

I'm Irish...

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
this thread is crazy, can we close it!

B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by vital_kill
this thread is crazy, can we close it!

No we have to hit 3,000 posts first. cool

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I know I have to see for myself, but no one has definitly answered the short/long question yet. I'm sure i could get some more posts out of it. We haven't even touched on top or bottom seat reel mounts yet, or proper hand weld for longer casts. Do I mount a Pfleuger farther up than a Sage, or Hardy? laugh

R.

You can run, but you'll just die tired.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You're bad!!!

Flyrods are like [bleep] and snowflakes... They're all unique and beautiful in their own way laugh

Nobody ansewered you, because there is no answer.

1 more post and its 3K. I bet Larry's strokin' his cock

I'm Irish...

Page 150 of 173 1 2 148 149 150 151 152 172 173

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (160user, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 1234, 64 invisible), 2,439 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,475
Posts18,489,932
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.