Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
http://www.thebigmoney.com/articles/experience/2009/07/16/survival-school?page=0,0

this looks really cool....might be five C notes well spent

should particularly appeal to black helicopter types as well

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No good against black helicopters Steve. You can't hear them coming and they only fly at night....... whistle

Interesting video and read though.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Where you live, it should be a requirement. smirk

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I've decided that in the event of civil unrest, I'm going to stay put and give the troublemakers reason to avoid me. I like my house. I worked *damn* hard for it. It's now paid for. I'm not going to run away and let some goblin burn it to the ground.

My 7.62 homeowners policy.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nice FAL Bristoe.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Funny, people always complained about black helicopters, so we painted ours dark blue.

There is actually a lot to learn in working in an urban environment. Most of which seems pretty simple when you stop to consider it. That being said, most people are not put into those sorts of situations and therefore never have to figure those things out.

I am currently looking into a facet of urban stuff not normally covered anywhere that has a wide range of applications. It is simply one more set of skills in the tool box. It may not be used all that often enough to become a master at it, but I would settle for being at the level of conscious competence.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
you had best have a neighborhood self defense plan. there is no way one man or a family can withstand the onslaught of a "tribe" of folks intent on taking what is yours. if they can't take it, they will just burn it down around you. without the help of family/neighbors , one does not stand a chance. Defense just leads to defeat
and if you do a real assessement of your neighbors, you will find that they cannot be relied on so you will be on your own. that is why it is better to get out of the cities and into the country-that way you are in your environment and not theirs.

Retired U.S. Army
LM-NRA,GOA,& MOAA.

Someone said, "Don't mess with old men, especially those who are veterans!!!
They'll not fight you, they'll kill you"!!!

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by tgrif
you had best have a neighborhood self defense plan. there is no way one man or a family can withstand the onslaught of a "tribe" of folks intent on taking what is yours. if they can't take it, they will just burn it down around you.

Yeah,...maybe. But if that's the day, then that's the day. I'm too old to go off in the woods and start living like Fred fuggin' Flintstone.

On the other hand,.. one man with a firearm and an attitude can change a lot of people's minds in a hurry.

Those Korean shop owners in L.A. during the Rodney King riots knew that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcLNKFT8-3Y

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

[Linked Image]

You're in good hands, with FAL.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
lolol,.."Insurance?,..we doan nee' no steenking insurance!"

IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
My closest neighbors are relatives. I am 200 yards off the road and if the dogs don't change your mind I have something that will. I have only went to town armed once, right after Katrina. We had just bought 500 gallons of gas and were buying supplies at Walmart. We were approached by one man looking to buy gas and he wasn't carrying a gas can. Right after the cops come by and told us to leave cause we were about to cause a riot. I hardly ever carry a handgun for self defense but was glad I was armed that night. There were a lot of desperate looking folks in the gas lines at 0300.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Y'all act like these folks won't be armed and just as determined to get whats yours as your are to keep whats yours. Dogs can be taken care of with one shot. 10-15 armed folks holed up in a defensive position don't stand a chance against 100-200 armed pissed off folks. a couple gallons of gas and a Bic lighter does wonders to take the fight out of people. Just saying, I had rather be in my environment than theirs but y'all are the experts.

Retired U.S. Army
LM-NRA,GOA,& MOAA.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
10-15 armed folks holed up in a defensive position don't stand a chance against 100-200 armed pissed off folks. a couple gallons of gas and a Bic lighter does wonders to take the fight out of people. Just saying, I had rather be in my environment than theirs but y'all are the experts.

The last thing I want to do is get into an internet debate on tactics or other sillyness, but I very definately beg to differ with the above statement. I have been there and done that, and 10 to 15 people can not only stand a chance, but can kick the living snot out out a substantially larger force while in the defensive role.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by Steve_NO

[Linked Image]

You're in good hands, with FAL.

I see visions of The Omega Man...(grins)

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I will agree that a defensive position is a very strong position but wars are not won by armies sitting on their duff in a defesive position and a hose in an urban environment is not a very sound defensive position. Fire takes them to the ground very quickly along with whoever is inside. and I won't even get into the been there done that thing smirk smile

Retired U.S. Army
LM-NRA,GOA,& MOAA.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

I am currently looking into a facet of urban stuff not normally covered anywhere that has a wide range of applications. It is simply one more set of skills in the tool box. It may not be used all that often enough to become a master at it, but I would settle for being at the level of conscious competence.

Mackay - I'd like to hear more about that....

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
10-15 armed folks holed up in a defensive position don't stand a chance against 100-200 armed pissed off folks. a couple gallons of gas and a Bic lighter does wonders to take the fight out of people. Just saying, I had rather be in my environment than theirs but y'all are the experts.

The last thing I want to do is get into an internet debate on tactics or other sillyness, but I very definately beg to differ with the above statement. I have been there and done that, and 10 to 15 people can not only stand a chance, but can kick the living snot out out a substantially larger force while in the defensive role.

two words of fatherly advice on that score:

Clay.
More.

talk about a problem solver. wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Nebraska

Mackay - I'd like to hear more about that....

Well, he could tell ya'.......

But then he'd have ta'...........

You know the drill!

grin

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Steve_NO

Clay.
More.

talk about a problem solver.

My buddy, "Clay".

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was working in L.A. during the Rodney King riots, and my observations noted that every golf store and antique dealer I passed all over the city went untouched.

Draw your own obvious conclusions, but I know where I would be holing up in the next one.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (12344mag, 219 Wasp, 1234, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 56 invisible), 1,881 guests, and 1,073 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,901
Posts18,498,091
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.