Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
On top of the usual bullchit associated with careing for a younger brother who had a stroke & is schitzophrenic & semi disabled, I have a colonoscopy to do monday morning...my first, & I'm on the verge of canceling...top it all off with a letter from my auto insurance company that they paid out $3,500 to a guy who caused an accident that I was involved in & the woman who I rear ended after she t-boned him... they only offered her $1500... mad...WTF??? (she's sueing me for $6,500)
He was weaving in & out of traffic during a storm...he lost control, hit the guardrail in the median & came across three lanes of rush hour traffic...she was in lane #2 but told the highway patrol (via telephone interview) that she was in the #3 lane (my lane). After she hit him in lane #2 they slid into my lane where I rear ended her...even if she was in my lane. I wouldn't have hit her if she hadn't hit him...I'm so pizzed I could eat horse shoes & spit nails.
WTF are they doing giving the douchbag who caused the accident any money at all??? I can understand (maybe) them paying a little towards the lady who got caught in the middle, but the guy who caused the whole clusterfuk??? mad

I swear to god...if it weren't for my brother...I'd sell all the chit I don't need & head up to the hills & dredge, sluice, pan, like I did back in my youth. (best days of my life)
It'd sure beat the hell out of working 14 hr. days driving a truck & barely being able to keep the bills paid & my checking balance in the black... mad

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Don't cancel your test man. Taking that exam was the smartest thing I ever did. I thank God everyday for giving me the guts to do so....

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hope that things brighten up for you. Hang in there. Can't do much other than offer encouragement. Best, John

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by byc
Don't cancel your test man. Taking that exam was the smartest thing I ever did. I thank God everyday for giving me the guts to do so....

And besides, it's not that big a deal as far as "procedures" go. I was pleasantly surprized that it was not a big deal.
Good luck to you in all you're going through.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I had one back in march. the prep is 10 times worse than the procedure. They came in and gave me a shot(?) and I woke up about 30 minutes later ready to go home. no problems.
Good Luck.

Retired U.S. Army
LM-NRA,GOA,& MOAA.

Someone said, "Don't mess with old men, especially those who are veterans!!!
They'll not fight you, they'll kill you"!!!

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tgrif
I had one back in march. the prep is 10 times worse than the procedure. They came in and gave me a shot(?) and I woke up about 30 minutes later ready to go home. no problems.
Good Luck.

Same here, I had mine done this last winter.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Hitting the Lotto would be nice...I'm REALLY tempted to just drop out & head to the old claim...things are a lot simpler...I always ate pretty good with supplementing the mac & cheese & beans with trout, quail & squirrels & from a mental perspective, the lifestyle is hard to beat. Wages from scratchin around in the dirt are actually a lot better than what I'm makeing now...MOST of the time...
If it were only me, I'd be gone...the trouble is, that I have a concience & aint real sure I could live with myself if I deserted my little brother...
Anybody wanna adopt a 53 year old "nice guy" who won't bathe until he's told to do so??? Or occasionally pizzes on the bathtub or hallway floor because he's too busy looking out the windows for non-existant people "sneaking up on him"???

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
Originally Posted by tgrif
Good Luck.

Same here, I had mine done this last winter.

I'm not so concerned with the proceedure than I am with all the other chit...How is it that an insurance company PAYS the guy that CAUSED the accident, thereby reduceing the amount they are willing to pay another individual who was actually a victim of the reckless driveing??? Has the entire world gone banana chit??? Where is the "Stand up & take responsiblity for your actions" chit, that I was raised my entire life to believe in??? As far as I'm concerned this is just another nail in the coffin of the America I was born & raised in...lawyers (& CORPORATIONS)& the chit they do to make a buck...make money on the suffering of others (even when innocent)...blow me. Why in the [bleep] should I have to PAY some azzhole to defend me in court, when I've done nothing wrong??? I guess maybe for the same reason a lot of them are rallying against govt. health care...money, & what it might do to their bottom line...no money to be made on frivolous lawsuits??? What has happened to the morals that made America great???
My vote goes to lawyers...they seem more than eager to try & make a buck than to do what's right... mad

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Sometimes life just isn't fair ... plain sucks and nothing else to say about it. Stick with it bud. A little venting is necessary sometimes. And I know what it's like to be the only one in a family to step up and help another who is incompetent, while the rest of the family silently spectate.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Bulletbutt
And besides, it's not that big a deal as far as "procedures" go. I was pleasantly surprized that it was not a big deal.
Wifeypoo had one last week.. She screamed in agony the entire time.. Took four hours.. The drugs they gave her did bupkis.. And they couldn't recall the anesthetist in time...

They found nothing, but she'll never have another....

Good luck.. I've never had one and I'm sure as he!! not having one after her experience.. I'll take my chances.. Heck, I'm 60 already...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Because paying $1500 is cheaper than preparing for a lawsuit whether the suit is justified or not. It will cost that much just to take depositions and their attorney knows that. He can rattle some chicken bones and make noise and pick up $1,000 for himself with almost no effort. That's just the way it is.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Look on the bright side, at least you don't live in California.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Oops, my bad, you're screwed.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
4 hours!!?? What in the hell did they do? They put me under and 45 minutes later I was out the door.

She must have some kind of tolerance if they were unable to put her under.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by byc
4 hours!!?? What in the hell did they do? They put me under and 45 minutes later I was out the door.

She must have some kind of tolerance if they were unable to put her under.

Perhaps it was a group of affirmative action-ees working that day? ... the qualified-un-kind (pun).

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Originally Posted by Redneck
Took four hours.. The drugs they gave her did bupkis.. And they couldn't recall the anesthetist in time...

None of that should have happened. She should threaten to sue unless you get yours for free.

Had a friend with colon cancer. You don't want to go that way. Not when it's easy enough to catch early.

(The anesthetist was missing for FOUR hours?)

- Tom

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Oops, my bad, you're screwed.

laugh laugh

Seriously though.....you're doing the right thing.

I don't have any experience with medical stuff but I did help take care of my disabled cousin so he could transition from Chicago (where he was all by himself) to Omaha (where he could be with us). He had a hard time grasping the personal hygiene thing too and even pizzed on the couch one night (probably due to a seizure from his Epilepsy).

It was really tough but now that he's gone (had a heart attack at 52) I'm grateful we had a chance to make a little difference in his life.....

Glad to know there are still some decent people out there MM. Keep up the good deeds - you'll be very grateful for it one of these days!! wink

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by Bulletbutt
Wifeypoo had one last week.. She screamed in agony the entire time.. Took four hours.. The drugs they gave her did bupkis.. And they couldn't recall the anesthetist in time...

They found nothing, but she'll never have another....

Good luck.. I've never had one and I'm sure as he!! not having one after her experience.. I'll take my chances.. Heck, I'm 60 already...

My feelings exactly!!! I mean WTF?!! If they find a cancerous polyup what do I have to look forward to??? Chemo-therapy & a colostomy bag hanging from my waist???
A fine way to live out the rest of my life....the doc says they can remove em before they become cancerous...for real??? Or are they just telling me this chit??? What's the percentages??? They won't tell me that chit...
Along with all the other bullchit happening around me & directed at me, I'm not so sure this colonoscopy thing is a good fit...especially considering that all I have to look forward to is careing for a semi-invalid younger brother who stroked out...

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M

Piss me off & I promise I'll find out where you live....Move in next door with my phychotic brother....tell him you're the twin brother that mom gave up at birth because you were cuter than him & that the only reason they kept him, was because they knew he couldn't make it on his own...oh yeah...gators suck...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ouch....that sounds like a plate full! Hoping it all works out for the bestest, man.

Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog.
-- Mark Twain

Part of me lives with the wind in my face,
while the other part is barely alive.

--Mary Gauthier
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 1badf350, 12344mag, 160user, 1936M71, 57 invisible), 2,621 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,931
Posts18,498,675
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.