Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I dumped BOA 6 months ago...nuff said

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The only big national bank I've ever seen that will open branches in small towns is Wells Fargo. I dealt with BOA a long time ago and never again. Small banks are the way to go. There's accountability with small banks. Those folks compete for your money as good as the big boys....And...They live where you do...

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Don't know if they have changed but years ago Hells Fargo was one of the highest fees around.

I have been with Washington Mutual, now Chase for years. They have been a true no fee bank and their service has been great. Time will tell if Chase changes all that, I have heard some bad rumors about Chase.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Screw it---I'm buying a new mattress with compartments for money storage. No more banks for me! I've had it!

Those who try and get in for the goods will wind up on FOX or CNN....Gonna install a shock fence around the bed.

Last edited by byc; 07/18/09.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by byc
.Gonna install a shock fence around the bed.

Ought to make those 1:00 AM trips to the bathroom fun! blush

One touch to the fence and you won't have to finish the trip.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
We are dumping Bofa too after they attached a service charge to one of our accounts for the third time. They will re-credit us only after my wife makes a trip down to the local branch and shows them the agreement. Their phone customer service sucks and they put you hold for up to 30min. Enough is enough so we switched to a local credit union. So far one friend and three of my wife's co-workers have dumped BofA in the last month.

MtnHtr

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Aileinduinn
My in-laws financed their home in Seattle through BoA. Then they both lost their jobs at Weyerhaeuser. After 3 months of searching the Seattle market with no luck, we convinced them to look in Wisconsin.

So my SIL moved in with us because she found a good job here in WI, BIL and their son followed shortly as he has found work here as well.

Of course they are upside down on their house in Seattle because the value crashed so hard. But they found a short-sell and they were going to finance the balance of the mortgage into the mortgage on a new home here in Old Wisconny. BoA dragged their feet so long on the sale that they lost both the buyer in Washington and the seller in Wisconsin. Now BoA doesn't want to allow them a short sell and they are being forced into foreclosure on a home 2000 miles from where the now live(my house).

Screw BoA.

The Tarp funds are providing liquidity for the foreclosure loses. The banks get nothing in the short-sale process.

Doc

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Surprised here that some are just discovering what a bunch of clowns BoA is run by. Do business with them and you're on a ship of fools....with no steering wheel.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Doctor_Encore
Originally Posted by Aileinduinn
My in-laws financed their home in Seattle through BoA. Then they both lost their jobs at Weyerhaeuser. After 3 months of searching the Seattle market with no luck, we convinced them to look in Wisconsin.

So my SIL moved in with us because she found a good job here in WI, BIL and their son followed shortly as he has found work here as well.

Of course they are upside down on their house in Seattle because the value crashed so hard. But they found a short-sell and they were going to finance the balance of the mortgage into the mortgage on a new home here in Old Wisconny. BoA dragged their feet so long on the sale that they lost both the buyer in Washington and the seller in Wisconsin. Now BoA doesn't want to allow them a short sell and they are being forced into foreclosure on a home 2000 miles from where the now live(my house).

Screw BoA.

The Tarp funds are providing liquidity for the foreclosure loses. The banks get nothing in the short-sale process.

Doc

Isn't it nice that we have a system that encourages people to abandon their debts?

...new laws were most numerous when the commonwealth was most corrupt. ~ Publius Cornelius Tacitus
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sean,
I canceled my business BoA credit card because they kept screwing up the charges, and it took multiple phone calls for them to straighten it out.

Got a letter from them asking why I canceled. I sent back a note, gave them my phone number, and told them to call me and I would give them the details.

Never heard from them.

Now they'll never hear from me, or you. Good for us-Screw them.

Steve

Last edited by 7x57STEVE; 07/19/09.
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Countrywide sold our mortage to them without us knowing. I about flipped... not that it really matters who the money goes too but I KNOW Boa is at the feet of OBama and it erks the pizz outta me.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This may have already been posted but Countrywide and BOA are one in the same.

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Chase lost $682,000,000 on credit cards last quarter, things are going to change because banks are not in the business to lose money. The card that I use has a 3% credit on gas & 1% on everything else, it is judt a matter of time until it is changed to eliminate my money back and add on a monthly fee.

Credit card credit policy and limits are set by formula, we could not afford the cost of actually having a loan officer on a $30,000 line of credit. The days of easy consumer credit are gone.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Scott F
Don't know if they have changed but years ago Hells Fargo was one of the highest fees around.

I have been with Washington Mutual, now Chase for years. They have been a true no fee bank and their service has been great. Time will tell if Chase changes all that, I have heard some bad rumors about Chase.

I loved banking with Wamu. However, I just got popped by Chase for $4 for using a non-Chase ATM. Something that Wamu waived. I'm thinking I'll be banking at Charles Schwab in the very near future.

Scott

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
byc,
american express did the same to us on our costco account so we closed the account. tom

"if it's got tits or tires, it's going to give you grief, one way or another."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There isn't a bank, local or otherwise, out there that has your 'interest' at hand, anything else is just goshin' yourself silly.

Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog.
-- Mark Twain

Part of me lives with the wind in my face,
while the other part is barely alive.

--Mary Gauthier
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
thinkin most folks know the bank is in it for the bank, heck every biz is to some degree or another.

but pizzing off your client base sure wastes a lot of advertising dollars and promos to get them in the first place.

I'd like to know how much money the fooking stupid banks could save if they didn't mail me "convenience checks" every two days.

bastids must be making shredding machines and trying to wear mine out!

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 1akhunter
thinkin most folks know the bank is in it for the bank, heck every biz is to some degree or another.

"Most" folks??

Nah, or we wouldn't be in the mess we are in. Mebbe I'm wrong...as I am often<grin>!

Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog.
-- Mark Twain

Part of me lives with the wind in my face,
while the other part is barely alive.

--Mary Gauthier
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
bastids must be making shredding machines and trying to wear mine out!

What? No burn barrel? smile

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (1beaver_shooter, 22kHornet, 219 Wasp, 222Sako, 160user, 19rabbit52, 47 invisible), 3,068 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,660
Posts18,534,007
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.