Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 153 of 173 1 2 151 152 153 154 155 172 173
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Dan
The problem with the high end rods is how much harder they are to cast short. And few really fish very far from themselves.

Now you know why in that instance I was suggesting to overline it right away. I know he was going to use it for creek fishing. Which I overline my 4Wt Croix all the time on windy days, or close water. On the rivers around here (in a one man 'Toon) or on any high mountain lakes, that same rod can belt 4 Wt line all the way to the backing with blueprinted 700 accuracy...

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
HR IC

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ohter than that, we agree completely...

I'm Irish...

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

All by way of saying I overline because I am mostly a cheap bastard and end up needing to... Not because I intentionally buy into it.
art

Gee....this sounds familiar...I'm a cheap bastard too, and frankly, if you've read my earlier posts...really good fly equipment belongs in the hands of someone who can take advantage of it, someone who casts well...in other words...not me!
Glad the thread cycled back to flyfishing...
I can handle the Yellow bumblebee McSwirly...no problemo...
But the yellow shirt....dats another matter... wink
But I'll bet Steelie fly fishes in it too...so I'm really not going to get away from it,am I?
Oh well, and Oh hell, I've got one in " Peach" I really catch alot of Krapp for....
Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Peach Peach...heck I wouldn't give you any craopla for that Ingwe, I bet it matches your gray hair very well.....ork ork ork

Dober

(BBQ soon...?)

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Oregon45
I better have one of each...

Well said.

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski
Peach Peach...heck I wouldn't give you any craopla for that Ingwe, I bet it matches your gray hair very well.....ork ork ork

Dober

(BBQ soon...?)

Dober, I WISH I had grey hair...its all white! whats left of it anyway....
( Alopecia areata..)
But yeah...the peach shirt looking stunning with the white..if I say so myself! laugh

Lets work on that BBQ idea,I gotta busy schedule comin up, what with the creeks finally starting to recede, and it looks like I might be bringing in a Narc dog for training...we'll see..
Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ingwe
and it looks like I might be bringing in a Narc dog for training...we'll see..
Ingwe

Don't take it to Sammers pad... He has a poodle, and a Lava Lamp...

You do the math wink

I'm Irish...

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Well, damage control is done on the stock and, while I'm still not happy about the amateur thru bolt drilling and equally unskilled patch job, it'll work, it's strong, and it's going to turn out alright.

Dan, I heard through the grapevine that you've got a few thousands overbore at the muzzle?????? That doesn't sound too good. Only time I've ever heard that one before is for ease of starting patched roundballs in a front stuffer. When you shot it this weekend, did it do any better than 2"? Hope it all works out for you....

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by DanAdair
and it looks like I might be bringing in a Narc dog for training...we'll see..
Ingwe

Don't take it to Sammers pad... He has a poodle, and a Lava Lamp...

I was hoping Sammo could help me come up with some "training scents".. wink
Ingwe

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Whip

Dan, I heard through the grapevine that you've got a few thousands overbore at the muzzle?????? That doesn't sound too good. Only time I've ever heard that one before is for ease of starting patched roundballs in a front stuffer. When you shot it this weekend, did it do any better than 2"? Hope it all works out for you....

It ain't pretty.... Talked to them today, they are getting started on pipe #3 They better not think I'm paying the gunsmithing bill this time around. And there sure as hell ain't going to be a 4th barrel frown

I'm Irish...

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ingwe...

Now thats funny chit right there.

Pachoulli Laden Hippy Lovechild scent trained hounds?? They'd go nuts in Whitefish.

I'm Irish...

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Note to self...Train on Pachouli...
wink
Ingwe

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Training on Pachouli would be like a beacon in the dark for finding dread-locked chicks with unshaven legs and pits...not too sure I'd be keen on that duty.....

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Shoulda gone Pac-nor or, if local is preferred, Lilja.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Training on Pachouli would be like a beacon in the dark for finding dread-locked chicks with unshaven legs and pits...not too sure I'd be keen on that duty.....

Revised note to self....Train Only Malinois on Pachouli...
grin
Ingwe

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Shoulda gone Pac-nor or, if local is preferred, Lilja.

Shoulda... But that 4 week delivery time sure appealed to me.

I did call Dan, and even with the biz we'd done in the past, I was looking at 6 months for a tube (course, we're going on 7 now as it is/was)

I don't know how well Lee knows him, but Jeff Lawrence makes one helluva a good pipe too (again, he's burried in AR barrel orders, and at least 6 Mo's out..)

I'm Irish...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Revised note to self....Train Only Malinois on Pachouli...
grin
Ingwe

Laffin...

Can you train a hippy attack dog?? Use Fritos, and Fiddle Faddle for treats??

I'm Irish...

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Jeff and Rita used to come see me for back crackin' before they moved to Lewistown. He's one of the only guys that I know of that cuts instead of button rifling, but then I'm not that up on all that's available out there. Lee's got a few barrels from him and they sure shoot lights out, but Les does keep Jeff jumpin'. But anyways, once you're done with this one you'll have no need for any other rifles.......right? (grin)

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes Les keeps him busy (Shhh... Big secret there.) Last I talked to Jeff, he had 8 employees over there and was looking for more, and building machine #2.

He started button rifling as well (Les wanted him too) Problem was, they shoot too good for the 80 dollars less. Bet thats the first time somebody wanted less accurate barrels in history...

I was hoping to try out one of Jeffs button barrels THIS time around.

Jeff and Rita are great people though. After getting to know Jeff, I quit calling Dan when I needed a pipe.

Seriously... I could rule the world with that pair of Kimbers. However my kids and old lady will need some rifles laugh

I'm Irish...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We at 3000 posts on this sucker yet?
grin

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Page 153 of 173 1 2 151 152 153 154 155 172 173

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 160user, 1936M71, 007FJ, 62 invisible), 2,427 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,444
Posts18,489,584
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.