Hop To
Page 198 of 1,842 1 2 196 197 198 199 200 1841 1842
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Here is Lauren's Sunny!

[Linked Image]

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
GB1

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I'd have a big smile on my face too if I caught one that nice. smile

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
really nice!!

way to go kid!!
grin

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Wow, it's as big as her head. I hope she wins.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Sounds like you're trying to hide a prime blueberry spot Dave. grin

How was the camp otherwise?

IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
The camp is good. I mowed a lot of tall grass & weeds with the 5' bush hog, pam played lumberjack, yep she wanted to cut firewood so she ran that saw with a new chain on it & I think she got close to half ways through that pile of logs we had in front of the cabin!!

Weezy had a friend out there & they were stacking firewood as Pam was cutting. So, it kinda looked like the girls got sick of waiting for the men to put up the firewood so they tore into it & they did real good work too. grin

I mowed the clearing I made by Pam's deluxe enclosed stand, I mowed up & down the access trail into the camp, we had a good bonfire on Saturday night... it was a pretty good time.

Bees made a nest inside my old barrel bbq cooker so we had to take care of that. Hive was a little bigger than a softball.

The batteries on my trail cam were dead so I hadn't got any pics since about june 22 or so, dang it!! They've really been digging out that spot in front of the camera where I poured a pound of salt on the ground too. lots of doe & fawn tracks & I wanted to see how them little bucks were progressing with the antler growth too. But it's got fresh batteries in it again now and an empty memory card so we'll have some pics next time we check it.

The cabin kept the skeeters out all night, gas fridge kept the beer cold (food too grin )

I haven't ventured out to such stands as the "polish tree fort" (weezy's favorite), the "tzone", "the bomb target area" (very messy logging cut)and there are a couple of ladder stands I haven't put my eyes on yet this year as well plus a couple of home made ground blinds. Some thought has been given to moving the dusty stand & I guess I have a couple of ideas for that one but we'll wait till the gang is all up here & we can scout a couple of decent spots for it.

We have a couple of things we should get done this year. the hand pumped well is one, the tongue & groove barn boards is another, couple of trees could be cut for firewood yet. We've been leaking rain in the chimney so the weather cap needs some work. The economy's current effect on all of us has us holding off on finishing the addition on the cabin for now which is fine. I did haul out a set of bunkbeds so our bunk situation has improved by a couple of beds. I have a gas light that I scored at a rumage sale that I should mount in the kitchen & run an LP line to.

Oh it's nice to have a few projects that need to be done out there, it might be boring otherwise right?

grin

but the blue berries... boy I don't know what to say. the spot we checked yesterday really quick is usually really good & it looked poor yesterday, so we'll see I guess. Hopefully we can find some decent ones like we did last year.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Sounds like a hell of weekend at the camp. Plenty of projects to go too it sounds like.

How was the road in there? As bad as you thought?

Donno what to tell you on the berries...Have you had much rain? We haven't got squat. I don't remember when the last time we got a real rain, that lasted more than a minute or so. We need it bad here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N

road wasn't bad at all.

I'm at stupid work, pulling a double shift on a Monday.

Yuck.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Yuck is right!

We need to split a case man....soon.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Funny how all those things Dave listed are work at home but kinda fun at camp.

We have had good rain here in central MN. Not too much, not too little.

I havent got my trail cam out yet, I s'pose I should do that. Of course, that would involve finding it...which is no small undertaking. That would be a good project for Lauren and Dad on Saturday.

Hey, a tip i just learned. Have you guys used Priceline for hotels? We have started using it at work and are getting hotels for half price or less. Usually less. I got one for a guy in Mpls for $38.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Send some of that rain our way. It's like a desert around here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
Send some of that rain our way. It's like a desert around here.

Big 10-4 on that.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
here are a few photos of our weekend of me not being at work grin

lumber jacks & ... janes?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

heck of a dent in the log pile!! good job maw!! grin

the official shickinbuck maintenance rig. Currently rigged for mowing.

[Linked Image]

Bonfire ring saturday night.

[Linked Image]

proof of SOME blueberries out there.

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Sweet. Good job mrsnorthern_dave. Feel free to post every once in a while too.

Dave, I knew you were hiding a primo blue berry spot. I haven't seen to many around here either, and we usually get a good amount. Raspberrys are a way behind too.

Is that log pile all from clearing for the camp?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I went to my cardiologist yesterday for the year since the surgery check up.He said I was fat,lazy,of low moral character and in good health and the get the hell out of his office until this time next year.He also took me off of three medications and changed two to generics.I was very heartened with his exam.I felt great and I feel even better now.
Dave,good weekend report.The ladies ARE to be congratulated for their work.This is going to be a good fall season at Chickenbuck I think.

Stan in SC

Last edited by Stan_in_SC; 07/22/09.

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Thats great news Stan, glad to hear it.

Tzone, the log pile is from stripped tops & ends that weren't of interest to area loggers. We went last winter to a couple of different logging sites close to camp after they had moved out & we loaded a small trailer with a few loads of these odd lengths for forewood.

It's great because they have been shot through the limber & they are on the ground in manageable lengths. The other thing is that most varies from pop can diameter to.. about coffee can diameter so no splitting is necessary, it will all fit in the wood stove.

note the attire of the young lumber jane. see how everybody else has jeans, shoes, t-shirts....
sensible light outdoor work attire?

arrrrggg.

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
" lumber jacks & ... janes? "

They calles them LumberJills at the local woodsman's field days here.

http://lumberjills.com/bio.html

Them girls can make some sawdust , or wood chips with the best of them.

Last edited by M1894; 07/22/09.

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Great news Stan.

Latest from Africa is that son continues to improve and they may find out Friday when they can return to the states. Not to be outdone, my DIL sent us the following bit of news yesterday:

"With Todd's improved status, we took a drive today to a local game reserve about 15 minutes from Port Elizabeth. Todd very much welcomed the change of scenery (as did I). We enjoyed a nice, quiet drive through the bush and took quite a few pictures of zebra, impala, warthog, wildebeest, amongst other animals. Unfortunately, after today's outing, I'm sad to report that Todd won't be the only one heading back to the States with stitches....

The park we visited has a large cheetah project. As part of the program visitors can go in and visit with the park's tame cheetahs. I figured it was a once in a life time opportunity and jumped at the chance. (Not that Todd hasn't put me through enough excitement the last few weeks!) After about 5 minutes of playing with two cubs (about 1 1/2 years old and almost full grown) I knelt down to take a picture with the park's more mature cat, Duma. Just as the park ranger was taking a picture, one of the cubs thought it would be a good time to play with Duma. However, the cub didn't care that I was in between him and his playmate. A long story made short, about an hour and a half later, I left the nearby hospital with a gash in my forehead, 12 stitches in my ear, a cut and several scratches to my arm, and a torn shirt."

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave

note the attire of the young lumber jane. see how everybody else has jeans, shoes, t-shirts....
sensible light outdoor work attire?

arrrrggg.

Yeah but, those other type of clothes don't let you get a good tan Dave! grin Hey, at least she worked right?

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Dave, do they hire out? We could use some help cutting fire wood for camp next spring.

Page 198 of 1,842 1 2 196 197 198 199 200 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (01Foreman400, 2003and2013, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 57 invisible), 2,423 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,465
Posts18,489,854
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.