Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
just thought that i would post this, i enjoyed it, and i also thought it was funny that Dan Henderson said that the second punch was just to shut Bisping's mouth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIgXqgTh6RU

30-06 till i die, the greatest round ever!

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!

CEO of a Turdlike People: Turds & Tats Division... (per Ingwe grin )
GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Seeing it for the first time -i'd say it is kind of unsportsman like.No sense in smashing a competitor in the face with his head on the mat !
I like both dan henderson and bisping and havn't seen bisping be what i consider a big mouth.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Seeing it for the first time -i'd say it is kind of unsportsman like.No sense in smashing a competitor in the face with his head on the mat !
I like both dan henderson and bisping and havn't seen bisping be what i consider a big mouth.

You don't quit fighting until the bell rings or the ref stops you. He just did what every other fighter in the UFC would have done.

The fact that Bisping is a loud mouth British douchebag didn't have anything to do with it. wink

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Henderson is a bad dude. Has fought folks much bigger than he is and won. I figured this was what was gonna happen.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I watched that fight live on pay per view,and it is the only time I can think of that I have errupted into laughter the instant someone was KO'ed.And not nervous laughter,not "wow,how bout that?" laughter,genuine side splitting laughter.

For those of you who don't follow the sport,Bisping and Henderson both coached the most recent season of "The Ultimate Fighter",which was a "USA vs UK" themed season.To put it mildly,Bisping talked more sh*t than a Japanese radio station during that entire show,while Henderson never,ever said a word.Ever.He'd just stand there and smile at Bisping while he went off on hissy fits and rants and everything else,trying to get under Henderson's skin.Even Bisping said on an interview on UFC.com,that no matter what he tried to pull on Dan,nothing worked,because he's too much of a gentlemen.

Leading up to the fight,Bisping took the trash talk to a whole new level.He said Dan was washed up.He said Dan was old.He said he was going to outwrestle Dan.He said he was going to be the first person to ever KO Dan.And he said....drum roll please....Dan hadn't KO'ed anyone in years.

As for that last shot-that's very common in MMA.You drop a guy,you let him have at least one more,if not a few more,for good measure,until the ref pulls you off.Guys who stand back and admire their work after dropping a guy usually end up loosing.Watch the Don Frye vs. James Thompson fight-Don lands a bomb on Thompson and Thompson hits the mat like a corpse.Don thinks "well,he's out,no point in hurting him anymore",and just turns and walks away.The ref doesn't stop the fight though,and there's about two seconds of confusion,which was all it took for Thompson to come back around.Don then pounced on Thompson trying to finish him off,and they got into quite the scrap,and Thompson came out with the W a few minutes later when he stopped Don with a barrage of shots in the corner.

So,SOP is,you drop a guy,you hop on him and pop him once or twice,the ref jumps on you and that's all she wrote.Hendo didn't break a single rule.The only thing he did wrong was crack a joke on a night when a lot of new fans were watching.

BTW,Bisping said he had no problem with it,so it's a moot point.

WB.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I really liked the knockout but wish he had taken the high road after the fight.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
BTW,Dan is a hunting fool-one of his good buddies posts on here,and posted some of Dan's hunting photos awhile back.

Too bad the UFC is giving Dan the screwjob-he was supposed to be getting a titleshot at 185.Instead,they're having him go back up to 205 and making him have a rematch with Rich Franklin,who he just beat in January.Talk about taking a step backwards.

WB.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd like to see a Henderson/Silva rematch.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
The "tough guy" in me thinks when you see these guys on TV, that maybe you could stand and punch with a few of these guys. Being in a fair amount of scraps in my time.

That was until I saw Dan Henderson warming up, and putting on a demonstration a few years ago at Cesars Palace, in their outdoor venue.

I can tell you, he is ONE BAD MOFO. That cat is built for fighting and it shows. I'm amazed when he doesn't knock someone out every time.

That was before he became what he is now. He seems to be a much better fighter now. And from what I understand, a hell of a nice guy...Which is good for the rest of us.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
All Dan has ever done for a profession/living,since he was a child,is either wrestle or fight.He says the only "honest" job he has ever had was doing roofing for one summer.

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira,who is a big man (6'4 230 pounds),and has fought every top heavyweight in the world at one time or another,says Dan is the toughest man he's ever fought.That's saying something.

WB.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Randy Couture said the same thing about Henderson.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Randy has to say that-he still feels guilty about busting out all of Dan's teeth. (grin)

WB.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Related question, Brock Lesnar, was he a T.V wrestler who got into Ultimate fighting, or the other way around?

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Barkoff, it was the way you said it. he was with the WWE for years, and then he went to the UFC saying that he was looking to compete at the highest level of true athleticism.

too bad he spent so much time in the WWE though. he turned into a real Plick making show of beating other people in planned out "fights"

30-06 till i die, the greatest round ever!

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!

CEO of a Turdlike People: Turds & Tats Division... (per Ingwe grin )
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
too bad he spent so much time in the WWE though. he turned into a real Plick making show of beating other people in planned out "fights"

You lost me there, he was showboating after beating people in the UFC? How has he done in the ufc?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Congrats to Bis for being on the "get what you deserve train"!

220 Swift still king.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Barkoff,
Lesnar was origanally a very high level collegiate wrestler-he was the 2000 NCAA heavyweight champion infact,which means he was the cream of the crop for college wrestlers that year.He was unable to join the Olympic team that year due to family problems-the family farm was about to go under and they needed his help.He serious considered enterting mixed martial arts at this time,but this was during the UFC's "dark ages",and it would have actually cost Brock to fight,instead of the other way around.

Then Vince McMahon came calling,and offered him big $$$ to "rassle",which he jumped at.He paid off the family farm,bought everyone new houses and cars,and all that rot.After a few years though,life on the road got to him,and he became suicidal.He quit wrestling (which caused a huge breach of contract lawsuit),and went to try something else.First was football.He tried out for the NFL,even though he'd never played football before.They thought he was great,but wanted him to play in NFL Europa first.He passed.

Then he went to MMA.He's done extremely well so far-he's 4-1,and he's the UFC heavyweight champion of the word.Most rankings have him as the #3 heavyweight MMA fighter in the world,only behind Fedor Emelianenko and Josh Barnett,neither of whom fight for the UFC.He has avenged his only loss,which was to Frank Mir in his second fight.Frank had caught him in a kneebar after absorbing a lot of punishment.In the rematch,Lesnar smothered Mir to where he couldn't roll for any submissions,and finally got him pinned up against the cage,where he KO'ed him with some big shots.

Lesnar's main problem though is that he really doesn't have any technique-even he admits he's not a very good wrestler.What he has is incredible size,strength,and speed.If the guy bull rushes you,you're going down,period.What's going to bother Lesnar though are two things-

1)It is painfully obvious that he can't stand the thought of being hit.He nearly had a panic attack when Randy Couture clipped him with a decent punch that opened up a small cut on his eyebrow,and Mir hurt him badly with a floating knee (ala Faber)that couldn't have had much pop on it.Anyone who can keep things on the feet with Lesnar and land shots on him is going to have their way with him.

2)We haven't seen Lesnar against another big wrestler yet.We saw him against Randy Couture,whom he absolutley dwarfed,and Lesnar couldn't control Randy on the mat.It will be interesting to see what happens when Lesnar goes up against a big,strong wrestler like Shane Carwin or Cain Velasquez.If you take away Lesnar's biggest weapon-his top control-he's going to be like a fish out of water.And there's also the possibility that a big wrestler could put Lesnar on his back.....

WB.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
sill makes me groan...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Suppose part of me admires his toughness, but still, he should've tapped.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
when Lesnar goes up against a big,strong wrestler like Shane Carwin or Cain Velasquez.If you take away Lesnar's biggest weapon-his top control-he's going to be like a fish out of water.

I'm anxious to see Lesnar vs Carwin or Valasquez. I'm of the opinion that Brock's time @ the top will be short lived.

BTW, did you see where Randy mentioned he could beat him if given another chance?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/ufc/2537310/Randy-I-know-I-can-beat-Lesnar.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (1lessdog, 10gaugeman, 1234, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 59 invisible), 2,473 guests, and 1,149 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,459
Posts18,529,130
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.