-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 156 of 173 1 2 154 155 156 157 158 172 173
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
KK-I have a 9'/9 Sage and a 9'/10 TFO that you can use for our Montana streamers anytime you wish... smile

Seriously though, when you going over to pick up your rod?

Dober

Last edited by Mark R Dobrenski; 07/22/09.

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
HR IC

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Mark is good at loaning rods.... grin
Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And .270's to those so impoverished to be running 7X's... whistle

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
BASTID! laugh
Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"One bastid goes out and another bastid comes in"....quickly the movie?

Dober

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Don't know the movie...sounds more like life with my ex-wife...
Ingwe

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't forget to ask A if he has a 375 Rugger reamer ok?

Dober

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Oh, sorry Dober...I already did, I thought I'd PMed you...Doh! shocked
This getting old krapp...
Anyway he does have a reamer, no Liljes on hand, says they are about 9 weeks out....
I'm out the door..going fishin' with Ingewedog...have a good one...!
Ingwe

Last edited by ingwe; 07/22/09.

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski
Don't forget to ask A if he has a 375 Rugger reamer ok?

Dober

Speak of the Devil. This arrived last night:

[Linked Image]

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thx for the fish'n invite...ever do PP creek?

Dober

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BMT-now that is Nice!

How you gonna scope it?

Dober

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Whip
I was wondering when you'd find this misplaced fly rod discussion. IIRC, you got rid of all your green sticks to fund the 'boo, yes? Did you ever get one of Glenn's Rods before he left Winston?

Your 3 wt is one very nice looking rig. What length? I'm not a bamboo aficianado and don't know that name, maybe you could tell us a bit about it?

This rod is a 7'10" 3-piece, two-tip 3wt quad (yep, she's four-sided!) by Erik Peterson of Linn�a Rod Co. It has medium-flamed cane, a 12-ring, 6" half wells grip, blued hardware, rosewood reel seat spacer with French Walnut end cap. The model number is 7103-3 IV.

She throws a DT-3 like a dart...and a feather. I line her with a DT-3 SA Mastery Trout for general purpose fishing and a Kingfisher DT-3 silk line for delicate work. Both go on a classic, two-screw Hardy Featherweight. Here's another look:

[Linked Image]

I did indeed give up all my Winston plastic rods to go to bamboo. I kept a Scott A3 9' 6wt for the drift boat, but that's it. I did not manage to get a Winston bamboo rod while Glenn was still there. I do have a new Sweetgrass rod on order, so I'll still get to support the 'Boo Boys and other fine folks of Twin Bridges.

What could be a sadder way to end a life than to die having never hunted with great dogs, good friends and your family?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks Mark I have a few 9's and 10's so I should be set. If I have to I just break out the 14 footer to chuck articulated junk smile

I was going to go today but my daughter slept in so Im going next Wednesday. Let me know if you wanna take a road trip. I would like to fish the beaverhead while im there is its not 90+ degrees out.

Well Im going to hit the dark spots on the Gal so talk to you guys later............

"It's my main love for all things Ackley. Plus the dude was cool before cool was cool."

SH08
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
After casting that 7, the first thing that came to mind was it would serve as the ultimate streamer chunker. Being a big fish addict, often I find myself throwing big streamers, particularly before runoff and in the fall in between hunting trips.

I've never fished a #6 prince. Thanks for the tip, I'll have to tie some of those up and give them a try. That one has "hog" written all over it.

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski
BMT-now that is Nice!

How you gonna scope it?

Dober

I spoke to Dogzapper ( THE authority for my rifles) and I am going with the Leupold 2.5 (matte, heavy duplex) from RickBin.

Here: http://www.leupold.com/hunting-and-...t-riflescopes/fx-ii-2-5x20mm-ultralight/

The rifle will go to CAS for Cerrakote: http://www.riflestockpainting.com/

Long term, McMillan Classic in GAP.

Still debating: Ruger Rings or Talleys?

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
After casting that 7, the first thing that came to mind was it would serve as the ultimate streamer chunker. Being a big fish addict, often I find myself throwing big streamers, particularly before runoff and in the fall in between hunting trips.

I've never fished a #6 prince. Thanks for the tip, I'll have to tie some of those up and give them a try. That one has "hog" written all over it.

That big Prince is our go-to for fall fishing on the Deschutes after the hatches have tapered off. Never know if a big redside or a steelhead is going to take it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This early fall I think I'll be doing more nymphing on the lower river and less bowhunting. I plan to do more dry fly fishing in August, and I pulled most of my treestands down last winter.

I toss a lot of Princes in both Beadhead and regular trim.. Two other damn good patterns for me year' round are Zug Bugs and Telicos. #6 is about right for the lower Flathead in September

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
There's just something about peacock.....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Yup try a #6 Pheasant tail too. I hate split shot so I usually use big nymphs for the weight or sink tips for streamers. My two favorite nymphs are BH PT's 6-20 and BH Prince's 6-20. always run some sort of dropper. I do like Zugs and bitch creeks for early summer too.

Suppose to be 95 here today. Did find a few in the shadows before it got hot though.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by kenaiking; 07/22/09.

"It's my main love for all things Ackley. Plus the dude was cool before cool was cool."

SH08
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Have not done PP creek...don't even know that one...Shari and I are gonna go check out a little new " NO Tellum" creek next week... wink
BMT; slick lookin' ruger! My vote goes to the Ruger rings...ever since they switched facilities to Prescott AZ and got new CNC machinery, the rings are VERY in line with the bores ( Ive boresighted a couple hundred of them..with a scope optically centered, there is VERY little adjustment to be made to get it bore sighted...impressive over the Rugers of a decade ago..)
Ingwe

Page 156 of 173 1 2 154 155 156 157 158 172 173

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (22250rem, 160user, 1936M71, 260Remguy, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 67 invisible), 2,476 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,477
Posts18,489,961
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.