Print Thread
Hop To
W
wsmnut Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
W
What is your favorite set up for turning necks? I am reloading for 270 win., 300 wsm and 325 wsm. I would like to take another step in seating bullets more straightly and would appreciate your suggestions in equipment to turn necks. Thanks!

Wsmnut

Belief is often the death of reason.
HR IC

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

This is the popular one among competitive shooters:
http://www.lockstock.com/prodinfo.asp?number=KMMANT

I also have the Forster hand held turner.

I used the Forster neck turning kit on my Forster trimmer for years.

The handheld turners cut a much more consistent neck wall thickness than the mini-lathe setups.

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'll second the K&M setup. I had never turned necks before and the fellow at K&M that took my phone order direct was kind enough to talk with me until I felt comfortable about what I was about to tackle and even set it up to the proper starting point for me. I'd buy another from him without hesitation.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have the modest priced Forster HOT-100 (Hand Operated Turner) and am quite pleased with it. Can't see how any more expensive unit could be significatly better. And it's certainly better than any of the attachments to case trimmers.

The HOT-100 has a micrometer calibrated cutter adjuster that's easily controlalbe to withing a half thousanth. The carbide cutter is ground to prevent a hard cut into the case shoulders. I don't care much for the really simple black plastic case holder but it actually works as well as any others I've tried, soo...it's okay too.

Other brands may have tech support and, for all I know Forster does too, but actually it's so simple I've never felt the need for that.
------------------------------------------------------------

"Democrats emphasize personal rights at the expense of our economic rights."

* Democrats only grant certain indolent people a "right" to other peoples honest earnings. I don't ever ask for that.

Last edited by boomtube; 07/23/09.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Customer support at K&M is superb in my experience. I broke one of their tools; it was completely my fault. They sent a replacement part at no charge.

If you use Lee case trimmers, you'll find the K&M case holder to be a much better device than Lee's. It's also handy for flash hole reaming and case polishing.

--Bob

IC B2

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
The K&M is a great tool. Buy the carbide mandrel with the cutter and you can do both inside and outside at the same time. I use mine when I reform 223 ==> 221 Fireball and 30-06 ==> 25-06. Cutting the inside eliminates the doughnut.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

81 members (338reddog, 10gaugemag, 6MMWASP, 673, 79S, 7 invisible), 1,742 guests, and 794 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,759
Posts18,514,952
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.