Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
John, exactly what I have long suspected.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
While I have never been told that I am easy to please� and many would not agree with that statement� for Gun Magazines it seems to be true.

While I am very interested in the rounds I like I don�t have the same interest in most other calibers so I make allowances for that.

This makes me rather limited in my view and interests� I also don�t buy that many rifles, handguns and shotguns (although I have more than my fair share) so I am not looking for the next new thing� AND frankly while I like to hear about a company�s new offering I am a tad skeptical about any review�

All that said I almost always find several things to interest me in every magazine I get and I don�t even mind if there is some overlap� because there is almost always some difference of perspective between the magazines.

I still find myself renewing my subscriptions and adding new ones.

I would like more publishers add a current online offering like Wolf Pub and �Guns� have� even if it cost a little more.

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
While I frequently learn new stuff about rifles/ammo, I can't honestly say I learn something new about hunting because the hunting a lot of writers write about is foreign to my experience.

I suspect at least some of it is "Blood for Bucks" hunting in places like there is West Virginia, canned hunts where a pickup truck is often involved as a means of stalking game.

Not saying that's the wrong thing to do, but I am saying it's not instructive to my hunting experience.

Not many problems you can't fix
With a 1911 and a 30-06

mec Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
FMG-American Handgunner, GUNS, American Cop and Shooting Industry have now made their magazine available in advance of the print issues free on the internet. They come in an interesting pdf format that is easy to use after a short learning curve.
Roy Huntington tells me that the print subscriptions have remained stable or grown since they started this ( Amazing. I wondered what they were thinking at first). The online editions are very popular and they are planning to expand the on-line thing- I guess into the Annuals. The Web Blast features are also getting a lot of hits. Page counts remain comparatively high-compared to the shrinkage of the corporate mags- and the company has quite a bit of latitude in making decisions about that. It is family owned and does not answer to a corporate structure.

M
M16 Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
FMG-American Handgunner, GUNS, American Cop and Shooting Industry have now made their magazine available in advance of the print issues free on the internet.

I subscribe online to these magazines and really enjoy them. They send you an e-mail when they are ready.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Gene L
While I frequently learn new stuff about rifles/ammo, I can't honestly say I learn something new about hunting because the hunting a lot of writers write about is foreign to my experience.

I suspect at least some of it is "Blood for Bucks" hunting in places like there is West Virginia, canned hunts where a pickup truck is often involved as a means of stalking game.

Not saying that's the wrong thing to do, but I am saying it's not instructive to my hunting experience.

I've lost count of how many of these jokers take their shootin' irons to the Nail Ranch, near my daddy's old home range in Haskell, TX. I guess because they can shoot a hog anytime of year they need a dead animal pic to go with a firearm evaluation.

Doesn't really tell you squat about the gun, but it seems to be part of the protocol....yes, I pointed it at the hog a hundred yards away, it went off when I pulled the trigger, and the hog eventually died and here's the picture.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
mec Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
"...they need a dead animal pic to..."
That has been my line of thinking but I've found that Guns and American Handgunner are just as likely to leave the dead animal picture out as not. Kind of a relief as hanging around a high fence corn-fed ungulate shootery is not my idea of recreation.
I'm perfectly happy for those who enjoy it to go right ahead though.

Last edited by mec; 07/23/09.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

131 members (1_deuce, 673, 79S, 2500HD, 5sdad, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 21 invisible), 1,806 guests, and 949 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,976
Posts18,499,496
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.