Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
RJM52 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
I have a M600 and a Ruger 77MKII shortened to 18.25" but have always liked the stock that comes on the M7 KS.. Just wondering if anyone has/had one and what do you think of it..

Thanks...Bob Makowski

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bob, they're certainly a nifty little package and I've only handled one in the M7, not owned. Not sure the price they're commanding is worth the cheddar anymore when you could perhaps find a 7 CDL and order a similar McMillan (I think) or B&C for it. Remington (actually McMillan) surely got the stocks right for a good number of years on the KS.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had a Model 600 in 350 Rem Mag and have had a couple of 350 Rem Mag Model Seven KS models.

I really like the one I have left and miss the other two.

$bob$

Many who have freedom have no idea where they got it....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had a Model 600 in 350 Rem Mag and have had a couple of 350 Rem Mag Model Seven KS models.

I really like the one I have left and miss the other two.

Recoil, although stout, isn't nearly as bad as an ultralight big game rifle would be expected to deliver and the feel, ergonomics, and handling of the KS stock is really what MAKES the rifle.

$bob$

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Haven't hunted with it yet, but recently took one off LDHunter's hands. Very nice light and trim thumper. Especially likes 225gr. Nosler Partitions.

I'm personally not a fan of the bottom metal Remington utilizes. Truth be told, I prefer ADL. Since that's not an option, I went with a SS BDL assembly from PT&G. Replaced the dreaded J-lock with the Gre-Tan assembly and now the bolt is off to get coated with NP3 (inside and out) and the bottom metal Cerakoted.

Looking forward to bloodying it this Fall!

IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Bob,

I have one that I purchased off the used gun rack at a local dealer. Most KS's I've seen are grey, but mine happens to be CAMO. Sakoluvr sp? also has one. I hunted with mine the 1st year I owned it and shot an 8 Pt with it at about 80 Yds. Dropped like a stone. Bullet was W-W 250 gr FN that was meant for the 356 Winnie. I believe mine has a Brown Precision stock on it. As it has a P/G ala Browning round knob. Weighs 5 3/4 lbs naked. Very handy. smile I've not fired it since that shot. blush

GH

"As you walk thru life, don't be surprised that there are fewer people that you encounter seeking truth than those seeking confirmation of what they already believe!"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bob-we've all a few that got away and back in 97 or 98 I found a 7KS in 350 and instantly fell in lust with it. Should of bought it, wished I'd of bought it. Aside from my Dads old 336/35 it's the only 35 that's ever interested me.

Take that back I saw one other that I really liked, a 7 Custom Shop Mannlicher in 350 RM.

Neato lil rifle 4 sure!

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You missed it. I sold one just a couple months ago and I think it was here on the Campfire.

They're on Gunbroker fairly often for $1200-$1500.

$bob$

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They are cute little things.

[Linked Image]

Here's one with the camo stock that is advertised as brand new on gunbroker right now with a Leupold 1.5-5 for $1,325.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=133946368

Then there's this used Model 7 CDL which is the same thing w/o the fiberglass stock for $550.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=134979661

For that price a fellow could replace the wood stock with an Edge or Brown Precision and be dollars ahead - which you can give to your chiropracter or othorpedist after firing a 6 pound .350 Remington Magnum!

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And just trying to help people spend money, here's a little Mannlicher for Mark for a mere $1,000.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=134796336

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
They are cute little things.

Here's one with the camo stock that is advertised as brand new on gunbroker right now with a Leupold 1.5-5 for $1,325.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=133946368

Then there's this used Model 7 CDL which is the same thing w/o the fiberglass stock for $550.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=134979661

For that price a fellow could replace the wood stock with an Edge or Brown Precision and be dollars ahead - which you can give to your chiropracter or othorpedist after firing a 6 pound .350 Remington Magnum!

There's a world of difference between a Custom Shop rifle and a "regular production rifle"

The Remington Custom Shop produces full on Custom Rifles from the ground up including making their own barrels one at a time.

The actions are blueprinted too.

They're bedded in the KS stocks with as slick a bedding job as you'll see anywhere.

The triggers are SWEET right out of the box.

Yep.... A world of difference.

Also you should be aware that most people that are looking for a KS won't settle for a laminated or wood stock. They know that the KS stock is one of the finest ever made at any price.

The with the camo stock likely has the Brown Precision stock which some people like better than the McMillan KS stocks and some don't like as much. I have both here and I'm not sure I know which is better but they are different.

Also... The rifle may look "cute" but they bark with authority and kill like the Hammer of Thor.

$bob$

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Did I accidentally gore an ox of yours? Or is there a larger issue unrelated to this thread and you're just venting at the first person walking by?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm defending the Remington Custom Shop because I am loyal to them and have owned a bunch of their rifles and they are exceptional rifles that have exceptional accuracy and they stand behind them like Dillon stands behind their reloading equipment.

Don't take it personally.

$bob$

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Okay, I won't. I just thought maybe you were.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nope... smile

Words on a computer screen rarely get me upset. Not my style... cool

$bob$

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I bought one of the KS stocks off a Model 7 a few years ago and it did not have any glass bedding of any kind...........

I still have it and plan to use it one of these days on a stainless 7 in 7-08.......no, it's not for sale.

Cancer Sucks
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
do any of you guys talking about bad recol from this gun really have one? my original 600/ 350 has brown prc. stock and is not bad at all. in fact daughter shoots it very well. only complaint i have is how l o u d ! it does lay the grass low but at least we dont have to cut it in front of the bench! just wondering, not trying to be rude. D O M I T !

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No, but I have a custon shop Rem M7 MS in 350 RM that shoots awesome. Excellent handy rifle that is PERFECT for the brush. Dean nuts accurtate w/ a VXIII 1.5-5. Shot it a week ago.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by GonHuntin
I bought one of the KS stocks off a Model 7 a few years ago and it did not have any glass bedding of any kind...........

I still have it and plan to use it one of these days on a stainless 7 in 7-08.......no, it's not for sale.

That's probably rare but I really don't know for sure. I've had a pile of them pass through my hands and the hands of a few friends that like 'em as well and all of those were bedded and the bedding was very good and looked really good.

How did you verify it's a McMillan stock?

I think that Remington used another manufacturer for them other than Brown for awhile but the name escapes me right now.

$bob$

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LDHunter

How did you verify it's a McMillan stock?

I think that Remington used another manufacturer for them other than Brown for awhile but the name escapes me right now.

$bob$

I talked to McMillan and they confirmed that it was one of their stocks......figured they would know.

Cancer Sucks
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

529 members (1moredeer, 1beaver_shooter, 01Foreman400, 219 Wasp, 1minute, 1OntarioJim, 62 invisible), 2,602 guests, and 1,369 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,450
Posts18,471,039
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.