Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
I purchased an item from a member of this board two months ago, I'll withold his name for now... since then it has been a comedy of errors and excuses... and I've yet to see my scope or my money... even though he claims to have sent the money weeks ago.

First the scope was sent to the wrong guy... he then claimed the guy he sent it to would ship it right out to me... ten days later it was shipped.

Then "the wrong guy" screwed up the address... and two weeks later it ends up back at the original shippers house.

Then... on the 6th of July he claimed to send my money via USPS... but he failed to put any tracking info on it, and I've yet to receive it... he's failing to take any resposibility and claims I'm out of luck untill the post office figures it out.

How should this be handled? I'm not mad... and it's not a bunch of dough... but it has been 2 months... and all I get is excusses.

Last edited by Dogshooter; 07/28/09. Reason: Add ringworm's name... per request

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Send him a PM and tell him to make it right by a certain time or you will go public on here.

Jim
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
That's what I did... he failed to make it right... so here we are. We'll see if he wants to flail his excusses all over publicly.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If he sent you a USPS MO that got lost in the mail, it will take him 60 days to see a refund. That being said, he needs to reimburse you immediately and wait for his money to come to him...

I know this form experience....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
That's what I did... he failed to make it right... so here we are. We'll see if he wants to flail his excusses all over publicly.

Go ahead & out him & let the flailing begin

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
IC B2

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Please let us know who he is.
A lot of members on this board and other boards could get hurt during the time it takes to figure things out.

L
LWD Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
I can understand a money order getting lost---that's why I send them certified mail if they're more than a hundred or so dollars. If that was the only hickup here, I'd just let the time pass for the MO reimbursement. But it's not. The other previous steps you describe are a little too hooky sounding. Ships to wrong guy. Wrong guy to ship to you. Wrong guy actually ships back to seller. That's a bit smelly. For me, it really calls into question the story about the money order.

With these facts, I agree with the other posters. He needs to pony up now.

LWD

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
He is dallying and temporizing. Two months is far longer than I would have taken to out him. I would also consider involving law enforcement.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
exactly, I would make a call to his local PD

is his name catfish391 by chance?

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
N
ned Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
This guy is stringing you along in a major fashion. If it looks like BS, smells like BS, tastes like BS you can be sure it's BS w/out stepping in it. Out him and make him prove to you it's not; he won't be able to.

Ride well, shoot straight, and speak the truth.
IC B3

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
saw these on another forum and might help you find out where else he is a member and spread the word. the 2nd one you can search his user name.

http://www.zabasearch.com/

http://www.pipl.com/

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Looking at the original poster's prior posts for the stated time frame, I've jumped to a conclusion of who he's dealing with. If I'm right, this won't be the alleged's first rodeo in these classifieds.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Cancer Sucks
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by LWD
I can understand a money order getting lost---that's why I send them certified mail if they're more than a hundred or so dollars. If that was the only hickup here, I'd just let the time pass for the MO reimbursement. But it's not. The other previous steps you describe are a little too hooky sounding. Ships to wrong guy. Wrong guy to ship to you. Wrong guy actually ships back to seller. That's a bit smelly. For me, it really calls into question the story about the money order.

With these facts, I agree with the other posters. He needs to pony up now.

LWD

I totally agree.... If the MO was the only issue, Id say let it ride a bit longer, but with the whole "shipped to the wrong guy, wrong guy shipped back " deal compounding the issue, Id say enough is enough. Specially if you have warned about publicly posting this and he has disregarded. I say Oust him and do the board a service.

NRA Endowment Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

First the scope was sent to the wrong guy...

... he's failing to take any resposibility and claims I'm out of luck untill the post office figures it out.

This is his screwup and he needs to make it right, not lay the blame on the PO.

How should this be handled? I'm not mad... and it's not a bunch of dough.

Doesn't matter if it's 95 cents, 95 dollars, or whatever the figure may be. This guy has your money and has had for the past two months. If he was a standup guy he'd have made things right long ago.

Black Cows Matter!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I looked at the OP past history and I'm guessing it's someone else. Look at his first page, guessing this is about a Bushnell 3200 10 power?

Regardless, it's to bad anyone has to resort to these tactics to make a buck and screw someone else out of their hard earned dollars.

Life is just one damned thing after another
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You got that right muleshoe. When dealing like this (On the honor system) Trust is paramount, to the exclusion of all else.
Thats why communication is key, and by that I mean true and honest communication, and not some song and dance.
All you need do is put yourself in the offened party shoes.
I am a little anal retentive when it comes to tracking #'s, packaging and shipping and communicatiion. Again trust is paramount in these situations and nothing helps me sleep better then to know I have crossed all my T's and dotted all my I's. That is not to say screw ups do not still happen. If and when they happen both should be on it "Like a duck on june bug". That way trust is re-affirmed. jmho.
j

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My wife once sent a Rem 700XCR 375RUM to the BATF in Atlanta instead of LDHunters FFL holder.... so mistakes can happen..........BUT......I did make it right.....immediately.

IF that isn't happening here then everyone needs to know it....Especially in this economic climate. Some folks might decide that these forums are a quick way to make the mortgage.

Robert

Last edited by Bruzer; 07/28/09.

Bruz
"You can't scare me.........I have kids"

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I'd out the person immediately...

If it is indeed the person in question, he or she is quite active on this board and in the classifieds and does not appear to make any friends along the way.

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Dog,

Your actions thus far are nobel and honorable. You have endured the con with dignity and given the repeated benefit of doubt.

Enough of being patient. Out the sucker here and call the cops on the bottom feeding scum. I don't know who it is, but I know at least 100 guys on the 'fire that it isn't.

Wayne

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (358WCF, 1minute, 06hunter59, 338rcm, 222Sako, 338Rules, 63 invisible), 2,384 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,544
Posts18,491,538
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.