Campfire Ranger
H

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ya gotta watch this!

He's all of nine years old!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PshGgt06XE

Yikes!

Makes me wanna start a bonfire with my axes...

Last edited by sir_springer; 07/17/09.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

WB.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I still want to have Dan Auerbachs love baby frown

[bleep] yeah... Not bad for two whiteboys from Akron Ohio. You'd swear they had a tar-paper shack on the Delta wink

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Some of their inspiration...

And Junior Jr.

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well s--t. I can't find Freddie King singing "It Ain't That I Don't Love You" online without buying an MP3.

So here's one of my favorite, somewhat obscure blues numbers: Boz Scaggs teamed with Duane Allman performing "Loan Me a Dime:

http://www.last.fm/music/Boz+Scaggs/_/Loan+Me+a+Dime

I hope you've got 13 minutes to spare smile

Speaking of the Allman Brothers:

http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/song/Down_In_Texas/1158996

Scott

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Scott,
You should enjoy this.

WB.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

WB.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
This is some of the spookiest blues playing I have ever heard.This shows the reason why BB King said Peter Green was the only guitarist to ever give him the "cold sweats".

WB.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

WB.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

WB.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Here's a guy who gets no love here,even though he's one of the very best American blues guitarists of the last 60 years.

WB.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

WB.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

WB.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

WB.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Bandit, thanks for the Eric Clapton version of "Reconsider Baby." It brought back old and fond memories. In 1995 I was one of three white people seeing B.B. King perform in the Club Ebony in Indianola, Mississippi.

When the performance ended at circa 3 am the juke joint was almost silent except for the soft clatter from the bandstand as the band put away their instruments. A barmaid walked over to the jukebox and plugged it back into the wall. It started playing, "So long, oh, how I hate to see you go. And the way that I will miss you, I guess you will never know."

On its own, that jukebox played Lowell Fulson's original version of "Reconsider Baby" as B.B. King walked out of a juke joint in his hometown. The moment is etched in my mind.

Last edited by Junior1942; 07/18/09.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Great story Junior!

Here's some classic B.B. King-

WB.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Some of Clapton's best playing right here,IMO.

WB.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
WB,

Thanks for digging up that ABB/Scaggs cut. Bonus points if you can find that Freddie King tune I mentioned:)

Also, since you seem to be into online music, here's a couple resources you might like:

bt.etree.org - This is site dedicated to hosting torrent files for those artists that encourage file sharing of live performances. The usual jam band suspects of course, but Gov't Mule, Los Lobos, Black Crowes are also there. Get yourself a copy of uTorrent and legally download music like crazy. The good thing is that it's all in FLAC form, which means the quality is about as good as the original tape:

http://bt.etree.org/index.php

The next is one I just discovered - The internet live music archives:

Live Music Archive

Scott

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

634 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 65 invisible), 2,612 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,062
Posts18,501,240
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.