Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
H
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
H
I recently purchased a P140 from a fellow worker that was being laid off. Unfortunate fro him, but a screamin' deal for me. The porblem is it shoots low for me and the sights are not adjustable. Granted some of the problem lies in the trigger configuration. While it's not a bad trigger as DA triggers go, it is close to the back of the trigger guard when firing and my hand wants to pull down a bit, but putting that asside, the gun still shoots low. Does anybody know of either a higher rear sight or a lower front ... or I suppose a combination of the two for the P140?

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm not aware of any aftermarket sights for the Millennium series pistols. The sights are perhaps the greatest weakness of these othewise great pistols. I would say your best bet would be to just file down the front sight, and then touch it up with cold blue.

H
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
H
I've been considering doing just that. But then there's the white dot on the "Figure 8" front site which limits the amount of filing available. I'm about 6"+ low at ~20 feet. Granted I was just test firing it at available cans and rocks in the desert, but low is still low. Windage, was close to perfect and extremely consistent with both the cheap Wolf ammunition I got with the gun and very decent reloads. I'd like to use this as a concealed carry gun, but at this point aiming at someones head would guarentee a gut shot. .... just writing that gave me the creaps, but it would be true. Increased experience and proficieny with this gun would cure most of my problems, but to be comfortable with the gun I do need a higher point of impact.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well it all depends on how important that white dot is to you. If it�s not important, then you file down until you�re hitting point of aim, and then file the face of the sight flat to remove the semi-circle white dot you now have�to give you a matching appearance, you can blacken the dots on the rear sight. If you want a new white dot, then you have to drill a new one and color it in.

H
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
H
During lunch today I this option came to me as well. Profile, clean up the old dot, drill and fill the new hole. I've got white plastic rods I use to make fret dots in the bindings of my Banjo necks. It will make for a nice clean professional looking job. Thanks.

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

108 members (10Glocks, 35, arky65, afisher, AnthonyB, 01Foreman400, 11 invisible), 1,524 guests, and 792 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,600
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.