-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 167 of 173 1 2 165 166 167 168 169 172 173
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
"Without stocked trout (or panfish) it would be a lot harder to get a kid hooked."

I like Oregon, but I kinda feel sorry for you, as there are countless lakes here in BC I could take you to that have never been stocked, all naturally spawned, and yet a kid will catch one every five minutes.

Then there are others, both stocked and natural, that are trophy lakes, where you won't get one every five minutes, but when you do, two pounds is considered small.

BC is a flyfisher's heaven. Not bad hunting, either.

HR IC

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I'm still hooked on "Trashy french maid" that BMT posted. I'd pay good money for her services....cleaning, of course (g).

B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I understand your point.

However, there are a LOT of good fly fishing places within 40 miles of my house. I don't share them lightly.

I caught 7 Coho (Silver) salmon on a fly rod in one trip in the fall. (8 weight Sage Rod).

I won't even post photos if there are good landmarks in them.

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dan - thanks for the chuckle with your dog. I took my mutly last year on a float trip with my daughter and spent the whole trip smackin' the dog with the canoe trying to get it to stay in the canoe. Canoes and big, love-to-swim dogs don't mix well.................

I was all prepared for a 3-4 day troutfest this past week. Right up until it rained Weds/Thur/Fri. The cricks were in great shape - not.

I'm planning on a Friday/Saturday trip. The creeks ought to be back in their banks by then.

Last edited by bwinters; 08/04/09.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thats a bummer. All this talk about creek fishing has got me thinking I might just give it a try this weekend... But August on any fork of the Flathead is always busy on the weekends. I'm starting to think Ingwe is on to something with his "If I hear more than two people talking about a spot, I don't go" policy.

Anyhoo, I know a few out of the way creeks to hit wink

Whip, I hear you buddy. Mrs Trashy could do all the dusting in the man-cave that she wants laugh

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DanAdair
Mrs Trashy could do all the dusting in the man-cave that she wants laugh

And "polishing"...

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I'm starting to think Ingwe is on to something with his "If I hear more than two people talking about a spot, I don't go" policy.

Anyhoo, I know a few out of the way creeks to hit wink

Danny, a couple things...I just got back...freakin' creek was so high still it had color to it...fish were "off" their game, bugs and heat were "on"...one day I'm gonna learn not to rush my fall fishin' by going in late summer...
And Oh,yeah...it was hot enough yesterday when I got to camp that I got bucked off the wagon...again...
Have fun in Seattle...the ONLY way I could endure that place would be to drink till it came out my nose too....
Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by John_G

Then there are others, both stocked and natural, that are trophy lakes, where you won't get one every five minutes, but when you do, two pounds is considered small.

BC is a flyfisher's heaven. Not bad hunting, either.

Yes, you do have it good John. We have a few trophy spots here too, but even then some of my buddies drive to BC for Kamloops.

Un-named Central Oregon body of water fish here:
[Linked Image]

Note the absence of landmarks, but pontoon boat flippers included to keep the thread on topic. wink

Last edited by castandblast; 08/05/09.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by castandblast

Note the absence of landmarks, but pontoon boat flippers included to keep the thread on topic. wink

Note the ansence of landmarks in a LOT of pics posted here...including mine!!! laugh
NICE 'bow... smile
Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Nice kamloops...I love those fish. There's a small lake about 45 minutes from me that the tribe has stocked 'loops in and it's been a blast the last few years. I'd even post pics with landmarks. I've heard of keeping your cards close to the vest, but that's kinda bordering on paranoia...

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Frinstance: Location; My Hand! laugh
[Linked Image]
And oh, yeah, thats not really a spinner in his jaw.... wink
Ingwe

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Whip-
I edited the post to clarify, the pictured 'bow is an Oregon native, but could pass for a Kamloops 4sure.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by ingwe
Frinstance: Location; My Hand! laugh
[Linked Image]
And oh, yeah, thats not really a spinner in his jaw.... wink
Ingwe

Love those fall-colored brookies!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Cast - I spent some time in Oregon many years ago - flyfished the Metolius (sp?) and the Deschutes. Beautiful rivers and wonderful fishing.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ingwe
Danny, a couple things...I just got back...freakin' creek was so high still it had color to it...fish were "off" their game, bugs and heat were "on"...one day I'm gonna learn not to rush my fall fishin' by going in late summer...
And Oh,yeah...it was hot enough yesterday when I got to camp that I got bucked off the wagon...again...
Have fun in Seattle...the ONLY way I could endure that place would be to drink till it came out my nose too....
Ingwe

Hey, get it together Ingwe... O' Holy Wagonmaster is NOT a part-time gig frown

The good news is, the Seattle trip got canned. If the family I got left over there wants to see me, they'll just have to head out west. My friggin sanity is more valueble than a family re-union (that and I'm so broke I have to jack off the dog to feed the cat...)

I'm Irish...

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Good news on the Seattle trip.... I just had to do one of those family things this spring with some long lost cousins back east-Ohio-...I'd rather have teeth pulled without novacaine than go back east....
Ingwe

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Big_Redhead
Mrs Trashy could do all the dusting in the man-cave that she wants laugh

And "polishing"...

Well, for a tip, she might even 'vaccume'.

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by cmg

Well, for a tip, she might even 'vaccume'.

I was gonna "fix" it but then I thought.....Noooo, Ingwe, leave this one alone.... shocked
Ingwe

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
But what would the fun in that be??

I might even let her shine all the doorknobs in the house, maybe even the one at the back door laugh

I'm Irish...

B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I bet she is real good with "knobs".

I surely would "tune her in" given the chance.

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Page 167 of 173 1 2 165 166 167 168 169 172 173

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 68 invisible), 2,428 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,447
Posts18,489,641
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.