Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

Also unfortunatly, some types of varmint hunting aren't so different from that. Are they? That doesn't help public perception of hunting. And that's what Zumbo was speaking of, when he totally screwed the pooch. That it's distasteful to see someone just killing stuff as fast as possible with a semi-auto, with no regard for respect for life, eating what you kill, etc.

Is this what you really think what the Zumbo affair was all about?

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
GB1

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by isaac
I was actually very surprised to have read anyone defending the actions of these two future convicted felons.

No kidding! I go to bed thinking nuff said and wake to this mess again.

Last edited by byc; 08/07/09.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

I made it through 2 minutes, that was enough.

I'd like those guys to get caught.....

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JohnMoses

At this point in my life, I'm not going to do too much hand wringing over what the anti's are thinking and I'm certainly not going to post anything to give their mis-guided philosophy any traction.

I'm proud of the folks on this forum. When they see something like this video, they are as outraged as any. Yes we hunt, but we are more than capable of distinguishing between right and wrong when it comes to wildlife or anything else for that matter.

We don't need to examine 40 points of view and 20 hypothetical scenarios for us determine what's right and what is not.

JM

Well said.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Originally Posted by Mooch
Originally Posted by T LEE
No, it is slaughter for the fun of it. ZERO respect for life, those are future serial killers.

How is it any different than guys that shoot 500 prairie dogs or ground hogs?

Don't most of those guys get off on making the biggest splat possible?

Its funny how a day spent smokin' prairie dogs is good clean fun,but shooting a different species just for the hell of it is slaughter.

The fact that you even ASK "How is it any different ....." pretty much identifies you as someone a bit lost in space, or a PETA plant, trolling 'mongst us bad wildlife eaters.

GTC

I knew exactly how my statement would be taken. I knew exactly which members would start the bashing and name calling. Like I said,its funny how some can defend the "slaughter" of one species,but are outraged over the same kind of killing done to another. I don't care how you want to rationalize it,killing prairie dogs just to kill them is no different than killing those "ducks".

Of course what those dumbshits was doing is illegal,I don't recall saying that it wasn't.

None of you [bleep] knows me,none of you know a god damned thing about me. I'll bet if I was one of the "clique" and had 30,000 posts and said the same thing,half you azzhats would jump on my bandwagon.

Instead I actually have a life and don't spend countless hours posting on the Campfire. Just because you don't "know" me doesn't automatically mean I'm a closet liberal,or a troll sent from PETA.

I'm just a guy that doesn't get a hard on from killing just for the sake of killing. I know some of you probably feel the same way,but are too afraid to be labeled a liberal or PETA troll to actual disagree with the "regulars" of this site.

I've got no problems killing my deer or elk every year. I also shoot a lot of ducks and geese. The animals I kill help feed my family.

I don't kill coyotes,or sage rats,or snakes. They ain't bothering me so what the point of killing them just to kill them?

I didn't think most of you guys would get it.

You don't have to worry about this "PETA troll" hanging around anymore. I'm outta here. The campfire is actually a pretty cool site. Its too bad that the second that someone doesn't agree with the popular opinion the name calling and bashing starts.

You're all free to go back to your regularly scheduled circle jerk. smile

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
well if yah dont understand the difference in reproductive rates between rodents and water birds there aint much use in continuing the conversation.....my brother and i shooting every ground squirrel we saw.....adults, young, everything....all spring/summer every summer never came close to wiping them out, all it did was control the numbers to a tolerable level.....try that with water birds and see how quick there aint any more water birds....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Remember, there used to be Passenger Pigeons by the millions in this county, not a one anymore.

As to mooch, have a nice trip, write when you find work.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mooch, are you really as stupid as your posts suggest, or are you just being an ass/troll?

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Bye.................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
they need to be strung up from a tall oak tree and have their balls shot off by people who are as bad a shot as they were.

then while they sit there twitching, we all laugh and have a cold one...

30-06 till i die, the greatest round ever!

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!

CEO of a Turdlike People: Turds & Tats Division... (per Ingwe grin )
IC B3

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
and eat everything they killed---RAW!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
after having taken a step back, and taken a deep breath, does anyone besides me think this whole thingy is smelling a bit "fishy" to you and the larger group??

fishy, is something that is not quite right as i understand the term.

are we being set-up, for fun and exploitation?? i just don't really know.

J
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
Canadian law enforcement is taking this seriously.

The video was pulled just days after release after the perps came down off their high I guess.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This post has sure drug a couple of screw balls out in the open.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
This post has sure drug a couple of screw balls out in the open.

yep, but that is just the tip of the ice-berg. the great majority remains underneath the water-line, imho.

anyways, it sure did get some things exposed to the sun-light, for sure.

may the perps be caught, prosecuted, tried, and the Judge make a good decision that benefits us all, is my prayer.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
That is NOT hunting of any sort, even a poacher would be useing the birds that is just wanton distrution of public property those azz holes are not even useing the proper equiptment I hope the get caught and sent to the joint so they can learn some respect for life since they do not seem to have any now

Declaration of Independance, in ENGLISH
U.S. Constitution, in ENGLISH
U.S. Bill of Rights, in ENGLISH
If you cannot or don't want to learn ENGLISH, go back to the third world cesspool you came from
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Morons!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Adios, Pendejo,

.....have a nice forever,

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Originally Posted by T LEE
No, it is slaughter for the fun of it. ZERO respect for life, those are future serial killers.

How is it any different than guys that shoot 500 prairie dogs or ground hogs?

Don't most of those guys get off on making the biggest splat possible?

Its funny how a day spent smokin' prairie dogs is good clean fun,but shooting a different species just for the hell of it is slaughter.

The fact that you even ASK "How is it any different ....." pretty much identifies you as someone a bit lost in space, or a PETA plant, trolling 'mongst us bad wildlife eaters.

GTC

I knew exactly how my statement would be taken. I knew exactly which members would start the bashing and name calling. Like I said,its funny how some can defend the "slaughter" of one species,but are outraged over the same kind of killing done to another. I don't care how you want to rationalize it,killing prairie dogs just to kill them is no different than killing those "ducks".

Of course what those dumbshits was doing is illegal,I don't recall saying that it wasn't.

None of you [bleep] knows me,none of you know a god damned thing about me. I'll bet if I was one of the "clique" and had 30,000 posts and said the same thing,half you azzhats would jump on my bandwagon.

Instead I actually have a life and don't spend countless hours posting on the Campfire. Just because you don't "know" me doesn't automatically mean I'm a closet liberal,or a troll sent from PETA.

I'm just a guy that doesn't get a hard on from killing just for the sake of killing. I know some of you probably feel the same way,but are too afraid to be labeled a liberal or PETA troll to actual disagree with the "regulars" of this site.

I've got no problems killing my deer or elk every year. I also shoot a lot of ducks and geese. The animals I kill help feed my family.

I don't kill coyotes,or sage rats,or snakes. They ain't bothering me so what the point of killing them just to kill them?

I didn't think most of you guys would get it.

You don't have to worry about this "PETA troll" hanging around anymore. I'm outta here. The campfire is actually a pretty cool site. Its too bad that the second that someone doesn't agree with the popular opinion the name calling and bashing starts.

You're all free to go back to your regularly scheduled circle jerk. smile

Obviously you don't have a clue, know nothing about conservation, wildlife, or any type of range/land management. So I'm sure this will be lost on you.

But rather than call you the idiot you are, I'll explain.

Prairie dogs cost huge amounts of money to wildlife agencys, landowners and states because of land erosion, destruction of rangeland etc..

They breed and populate faster than one can blink an eye.

Does anyone on this site want to see prairie dogs eradicated from this earth, no. But there is only a couple of ways to keep their numbers in check, poison them or shoot them, period....

Perhaps you'd like to see toxic poisons spread across the land rather than the much more humane death of a quick bullet?

It's got to be done, one way or the other. Which would you like to see?

I'm sorry I wasted everyone's time her by trying to explain to this moron.

And by the way Mooch, don't be a little POS coward and not respond to this reply IF you have a legitimate, factual answer for it.

Then......please leave.

Bill

Last edited by tx270; 08/08/09.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Too bad those idiots didn't have an accident in the car.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

508 members (219DW, 219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 1234, 1_deuce, 1badf350, 51 invisible), 2,401 guests, and 1,111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,455
Posts18,529,080
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.