Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Or how jacking in a shell will rattle game.

GB1

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Chambering a round in mute mode is definately complicated for some.

Then again the entire concept of cold carry escapes most.......

[Linked Image]
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
There was only one Bigstick, give it a rest.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Yep, just keep flipping that safety because eventually the gun will go off when you do...

Fairly certain I'm not the one who answered a guy's simple trigger adjustment question with a personal bitch about safeties.....

[Linked Image]
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
When are you going to answer his question?

You are my hero, I bet you don't even have a safety lever on your guns because you are so hardcore.

IC B2

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
If not being stumped by the mechanics of a Remington trigger, nor tripping over quietly chambering a round, makes me hardcore, then so be it.

I can see now why you are so jealous.....

[Linked Image]
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
How many elk have you killed? How many shot in the timber? How many in their beds?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I second going to the thread. I took apart an XMP in order to get the goo off. Had to use a mini torch. Further, I would like to get another spring for the pull weight, smaller wire and a slower rise. But it's a good trigger design. I sure as heck didn't enjoy taking it apart, but if you can get .125 E-clips from your auto store, you can get it back together.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
How many elk have you killed? How many shot in the timber? How many in their beds?

Too funny...

Okay you hunt hot because you can't get it done any other way....you win.

Congrats....

[Linked Image]
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Real hunters don't sit in a shack staring at a bait pile all day, or drive around in a truck drinking beer.

How many elk have you killed again?

IC B3

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
You don't take winning easily, do you.

Again, too funny......

[Linked Image]
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Just a thought...maybe you should try leavin' your finger off the trigger while you flip that safety...

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Just a thought...maybe you should try leavin' your finger off the trigger while you flip that safety...

Unbelievable that some people still think this way. Have you researched this issue? Probably not is my best guess. Out of court settlements,countless lawsuits and a complete redesign of their triggers and people still think of it as human error. Has any other US manufacturer had that much attention focused on their triggers other then Remington? NO

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Well OK then, I guess you have done this research? Lay it on me man. Give me the dates, places, people involved, amount of the settlements, and the source this information comes from since you obviously are so enlightened.
I do remember a huge lawsuit that Remington settled out of court...to the widow of the man that started to clean his rifles bore with a round in the chamber. So lawsuits are not prima facia evidence of a flawed product.
But I'll concede that you know much more than I do. I'm just a simple country boy that has owned dozens of Remington rifles, knows lots of other folks who have, has adjusted bunches of Remington triggers, and who has never heard of one going off when the safety was flipped off. But it dang sure will if you have your finger on that trigger. At which time most people are too embarrassed to admit they screwed up and claim the rifle was faulty.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...193668/13/Have_you_ever_had_a_BAD_Reming

go to page 13 and Jorge1 post he has some links. The rest you can GOOGLE and you will find plenty to parse through.

So lawsuits are not prima facia evidence of a flawed product.

But I'll concede that you know much more than I do. I'm just a simple country boy that has owned dozens of Remington rifles, knows lots of other folks who have, has adjusted bunches of Remington triggers, and who has never heard of one going off when the safety was flipped off. But it dang sure will if you have your finger on that trigger. At which time most people are too embarrassed to admit they screwed up and claim the rifle was faulty.

Probably because your full of [bleep] and have never been around as many of them as you claim. Like I said before I have never ever had any gun go off pushing the safety button from on to off except with one Remington and no my finger was not on the [bleep] trigger when it happened either. It was a 1971 Model 700 adl in 25-06. If I was not handling the rifle safely I would have killed my best friend. I purchased a 1988 700 FS in 7mm rem mag. I went through 3 ..2 replacement triggers because the safety would not go from on to off. Gunsmith at Green Acres In Jacksonville told me that they had a bad shipment of triggers from a vendor. Is that something you want to trust?

Last edited by Oldelkhunter; 08/22/09.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Geeze, you guys.
All mechanical devices can fail. That's how one handles a firearm, as if. No exceptions.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Geeze, you guys.
All mechanical devices can fail. That's how one handles a firearm, as if. No exceptions.

Exactly true. But I have never had a rifle go off when switching the safety from on to off with the exception of one Remington. That is one too many in my opinion.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
When I talked to some idiot at Remington, he told me to walk around with my bolt handle up, and the safety already on "fire." Then close the bolt if I want to shoot something. He told me to never trust a safety. -And I could send it to their repair center for inspection, on my dime. I told them to design a new trigger that has a safety that actually works instead.

I opted for Plan B...I bought a Tikka.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Really moved up in the world didnt ya. The tikka has become pretty much beretta/sako's answer to the remington 770 or what ever their wash and wear plastic rifle is. And yes I have looked at them. Too much plastic/polymer for my tastes. BTW...have yet to ever have one problem with a remington trigger. Never killed an elk..but i do hunt some perty tough whitetails. These animals have a 7th and 8th sense. So we wont get into hunting scenarios. Cause regardless of size or habitat...when you can consistantly legally harvest animals that are being hunted by everyone and their brother, hunted at night, and pressured to hell and back...Id say thats perty dang good.

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Remington wishes their rifles shot like Tikkas. People claim they don't like Tikkas because of plastic, but think an SPS is the cat's meow.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (1936M71, 160user, 1234, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 007FJ, 60 invisible), 2,358 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,532
Posts18,491,216
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.