Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I just had a rare experience. Genuine first rate customer service. I bought a Weber gas grill 2 or 3 years ago. Not a real big one...3 burners, $400 purchase price. I love the thing, it cooks great and I have used it a lot. A while back the center burner started messing up, then quit entirely. I used the grill without this burner for several months and then finally got around to taking the thing apart to try and fix it. I followed the directions in the owners manual, etc, etc,. Still wouldn't work. It seemed like there was no gas coming out the valve for the center burner. Great, I thought. It needs a new manifold. I wonder how much that will cost.
I called the number in the manual to order parts, and the lady asked me several intelligent, right to the point questions, including the serial number and when I bought the grill. Then she said, " I think you need a new manifold, its covered under warranty, we will send it right out".
I thought HEY! how cool is that. That was yesterday, Monday. Guess what was delivered to my door today, Tuesday, a little over 24 hours later? Yep, new manifold.
Now that, friends, is customer service. Props to Weber.

GB1

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I'm glad they still treat folks right. I had the same treatment when I needed some parts for an old charcoal "Kettle", 15+ years ago.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It's pretty cool what's going on amongst the cooker companies. They just about all now have a parts replacement policy that matches one another. Much like campers and hunters--cookers fit in the same category and expect to be treated right when something breaks. If not words gets out. I walk into or call BGE and get a replacement part on the spot no questions asked. Had the same excellent service from Weber and others for as long as I can recall. I really like the new jumbo Weber kettles that Weber is using in their charcoal fired restaurants up in Chicago. My little ole smokey joe is still my fav for everyday use.

Happy Cookin'

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We grill a lot - 3-4 time a week year round. We coughed up and bought a high-end Weber last year. The warranty is 20-years...

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
My family has 3 Weber kettle grills. They are the best thing going, and they last forever. I do not know why, but the cheaper knockoff grills that look similar neither perform nor last like the real Webers. They are absolutely worth the few extra dollars for the real thing.

Last edited by Daveman; 08/19/09.
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Im about to buy a new one after the summer, and am debating the Webber or a Holland. Any opinions?

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Well, I bought the Weber because they seem to cook better than other grills. And after the quality of the warranty / customer service i just received, I'll never buy anything else.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had a used Holland grill for some time. What I don't like about it, and the main reason I let it go, is that it doesn't get hot enough to sear food.
The Weber Genesis I sometimes cook on does not have that problem.
Still, for every day cooking, I prefer the charcoal Weber. I use a chimney style charcoal starter , and am ready to cook in 15 minutes.

Have an A1 Day!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have been using a metal one pound coffee can for years to start charcoal. Punched holes above the bottom, use a pair of pliers to move the hot can. Total cost, zip.

Thus saith thr lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeh from the lord. Jeremiah 17:5 KJV
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I may steer toward the weber. If im searing like steaks i will always use the charcoal. But im tired of firing up the charcoal for something simple like chicken of fajitas. And having all the wasted ashes and coals left over. So i figure a gas grill is in order.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I love my Weber,I cook everything on it,eggs,biscuits,meatloaf,bacon,pizza.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I had a problem getting my Weber gas grill up to temp. I called their customer service number and reached a lady who, as in the earlier post, asked me some intelligent questions and then asked me to turn the grill on while I was on the phone. I told her that it would likely take 20 minutes to get up to temperature and that she probably had better ways of spending her time. I now quote precisely, " Sir, I have nothing better to do this afternoon than see that your problem is fixed and that you are happy." The free replacement regulator arrived the next day.

We have two Webber gas grills and a kettle grill I have used for 20 years. I will never own anything else. Good products, fabulous customer service.

Last edited by meddybemps; 08/19/09.

You can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My grampa used nothing but a Weber Kettle... He always used to say, "100,000 years ago, Man discovered fire... Later that same day, we had our first Bar-B-Q."

I do a majority of my cooking on the Weber Kettle with Stubbs Char-wood (I don't use charcoal anymore) If I'm in a hurry, I fire up my Vermont Castings gas grill. I have way too many grills and smokers at my place whistle

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A feature to look for on gas grills is "flavorizer bars", that's what Weber calls them anyhow. The flavorizer bar is a length of sheet metal that's 'tented' over each burner. Naturally they get really flippin' hot. Drippings from the meat drop onto the flavorizer bars and vaporize in a puff of smoke - adding that charcoal grill flavor. The bars also protect the burners from crud and reduce flare-ups.

Along the same line, I often toss a foil packet of wood chips on the grill. Poke a bunch of holes in the packet with a fork and let it smoke up before adding the meat. If the meat won't be on the grill long the stronger tasting woods like mesquite will add the most flavor.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Cooking a few chicken breasts on the charcoal Weber doesn't take a long time. When I am done, I close the lid and air-intake at the bottom to kill the fire to save the remaining briquettes for the next time.

Have an A1 Day!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm kind of a Weber nut. I've got a 12 year old charcoal kettle, a 3 burner gas grill (Silver?) that is 7 years old and the absolutely kickass 18.5" Smokey Mountain smoker.

Everyone complains about the price before they buy one and then they never complain again.

The Bill of Rights is just that. It is not the Bill of Needs as determined by some liberal know it all.

Politicians and diapers should be changed often for precisely the same reason.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1234, 64 invisible), 2,524 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,822
Posts18,516,744
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.