Hop To
P
pmd Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Winchester SX3

I shot one at the skeet range last week & just liked the way it performed & felt in my hands. So...... I just orderd one for myself for duck & pheasant hunting. As I understand the gas check system is improved over the SX2 model. I was using 1 oz loads over Red Dot & had no ejection issues or malfunctions.

I just need someone to tell me it was a good investment.

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have the SX2 adn love it.Yeah it will not shoot very light loads but I use it for duck and turkey so light load don't get into it much.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My son bought a walnut stocked 3" 12 gauge about three months or so ago. He has been breaking it in on the skeet field with 1 1/8 ounces of shot over 2 3/4 drams of powder. I'd guess he has shot near 1,200 rounds through it to date. It has been fairly reliable. I guess Federal had a batch of Top Gun target loads with out of spec steel rims. Those locked that gun up tight as a vault. This happened at a five stand shoot we were participating in. The gun had a live round in the chamber and the bolt was almost, not quite, in battery. But it won't budge in either direction no matter how hard you pushed/pulled on the bolt handle. To clear that live round I dropped the trigger group out and placed my heel on the bolt handle right next to the receiver and kicked it down like kick starting a motorcycle. We cleaned the gun on the tailgate of my truck while our flight was waiting our turn to shoot again. He went back to shooting and the gun did it again. He finished the round with a borrowed Beretta - which coincidentally fed and fired both of those shells that jammed his SX3 with no trouble. Since then on an odd occasion here and there it will give a light fail to feed that requires a simple bump to chamber the hung up round. Sooo, he really likes the handling and his new $1K shotgun. Me? As a long time Benelli M1 shooter that has had absolutely zero malf's with either of my two M1's, I dunno about it yet.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
SX3 is a great choice. I shoot a synthetic with Briley chokes for trap, sporting clays, dove, and upland field. The SX3 gas system requires no change from light to heavy loads. I shoot 1oz. target loads with no issues cycling.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

688 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 66 invisible), 3,156 guests, and 1,384 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,104
Posts18,483,198
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.