The VarmintWife and I had nothing going one rainy afternoon of recent and we hit the local "medium screen" movie theatre.
G.I. Joe's was playing and in lots of ways it was entertaining and visually amazing - BUT - it was WAY out there science fictionalized wise and the VarmintWife gave it a thumbs down for "hokieness" mostly!
I gave it a 78 (out of a possible 100!) on my movie scale.
I can't really recommend it to the general public as I am sure many would not like it.
Folks that enjoy futuristic stuff and science fiction will be entertained and the computerized sections of the movie were all well done and many scenes were exceptionally well done!
Speaking of scenes once the action got rolling some of the scenes were only 1 second long and there were lots of them!
The VarmintWife was right some of the scenes (just a few) were hokey or corney but there were lots of action filled sections of the movie that made you forget about the "cliched" scenes.
Yeah, I am gonna stick with that ambiguous and half hearted endorsement as some folks are gonna like this movie and some won't.
I just looked up the box office totals and the movie has already brought in $260,000,000.00 worldwide - $135,000,000.00 in the U.S.A.! So I am sure its made a profit and then some already.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy