Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Bater Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Wish I was out for the opener, but plan on it later this week. I wish all the Idaho boys out chasin 'em lots of luck.

Keep us posted...

Brett

100% Public land DIY!
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Word has it that they had about twice as many people trying to buy tags as they anticipated. They cut off sales quickly. I hope everyone kills 5 wolves. What a stupid quota. The animal rights people were going crazy saying, "The wolves aren't established enough to have a hunt. You are going to wipe them out again!" If these bone heads actually saw what wolves did to the furry soft animals in the wild, they "might" change their minds. Flinch

Flinch Outdoor Gear broadhead extractor. The best device for pulling your head out.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wipe those suckers out! No reason for transplanting wolves into the Western States. They have decimated elk hunting in some places. The wolf "reintroduction" was one of the all time dumb ass moves.

Bater Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I'm just glad we have a season...I didn't think we would. Lookin forward to any successfull hunters posts/pics.

100% Public land DIY!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Pictures? Pictures, please!

WN

'Tis far better to walk alone than to follow a crowd going the wrong way.
IC B2

U
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
U
Just a word to the wise--
a quick way to get an anti-hunting backlash going would be to post a bunch of dead wolf pictures all over the 'net. This might be a case were discretion and decorum are called for, if we want the season to be repeated.

Bater Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
So your saying it's ok to post pics of every other dead animal on this site, but not wolves that we can now legally harvest?

I disagree.....the granola crunchers will be after us either way.

Brett

100% Public land DIY!
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
No other hunting season is in the courts right now, I agree with utah708, it did not turn out so well for Wyoming last year, and the net was plasted with pics of the wolves they shot.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I suggest posting wolf pics with well-chewed poodles in their mouths.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
As you can see in a war of wits, the antis have the upper hand.

IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
3 of our local boys got 3 wolves yesterday..big muthers! These damn wolves arn't not particularly afraid of hunters and one of them challanged the hunter over a dead deer, I understand? To what extent I don't know...

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
While I'm all for hunting and trapping wolves, it seems to me that shooting them prior to the point in time when they are prime is pointless. I guess if I where to set out to kill one I would at least like to make a rug, a Sept. wolf rug from anywhere is going to look like [bleep]. As for posting pics, I really doubt that whether we post pics or not is going to have a significant effect on the longevity of wolf hunting - bleeding heart nut jobs being what they are...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
+1 from me ranger1. I said the same thing on another post and a fella accused me of slamming the lucky hunter. I would rather see the season run through winter. Some people just don't get it. If it's legal go for it. AS FOR ME, I will wait for a good hide.

I wanted to take a scalp, but the kill was not mine.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some people just don't get it.
I guess not.
A dead wolf anytime anywhere is one less wolf in the woods.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by ranger1
While I'm all for hunting and trapping wolves, it seems to me that shooting them prior to the point in time when they are prime is pointless. I guess if I where to set out to kill one I would at least like to make a rug, a Sept. wolf rug from anywhere is going to look like [bleep]. As for posting pics, I really doubt that whether we post pics or not is going to have a significant effect on the longevity of wolf hunting - bleeding heart nut jobs being what they are...

I agree about the last part of your post Ranger. It really doesn't matter what's posted here as the local media, in any state with an on-going wolf hunt, will make the front page....just like it did here in Idaho on opening day. That I would say is state/country wide exposure for the tree huggers. Us posters on this site are small fish compared to what they, (media), can do in a few short key strokes and a picture.

A
A
I'd like a pic of a wolf with a well chewed wolf lover in his mouth!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What we do say off of here though can be used against us. Old Ron Gillette, makes great hay for Defenders of Wildlife. He hurts our cause by mouthing off in public. He was in Missoula on Monday, and Said "We wont stop until the last wolf is eliminated". That gets many more people to write letters against us, and that join these groups. Here's link to our enemy and look who's being used by them. Ashley Judd's video

The link won't work. They got something going on there. click on this link
https://secure.defenders.org/site/A...amp;JServSessionIdr001=z7pqsvu624.app20a

This is what we're up against. Any other smart remarks.

Last edited by 4100fps; 09/02/09.

I wanted to take a scalp, but the kill was not mine.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sure would be nice if someone could post a video of the carnage a wolf pack leaves behind on an elk, caribou or deer herd. These activists have NO idea what wolves do to the other warm fuzzy critters. Flinch

Flinch Outdoor Gear broadhead extractor. The best device for pulling your head out.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Go get em boys.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The Wolf Issue for the huggers is about raising funds for their various organizations. They're not concerned about finding middle ground, or knowing the facts about wolves, they're only concerned with filling their coffers. All they need to do is a mass mailing "crying wolf" and the gullible start writing checks with tears in their eyes as they think about their own dog, Fluffy or Fido. This is about revenue and anti hunting more than anything else.

Here in the Yellowstone area, there is no doubt the Park was overgrazed and. There was no doubt hunting would not be allowed in the Park to reduce elk numbers. The solution, and it's an effective one, was the wolf. I'm not opposed to the wolf per se, but the huggers agenda is mixed and a fair bit dishonest. I also know we need to keep their numbers in check and put a little healthy aversion to man at the end of a rifle barrel.

All the compromises have been made by sportsmen and ranchers and various citizens of Montana, and I, for one, am happy the "management phase" of the wolf is now under way.

I would also agree it makes more sense to hold the season in prime fur time.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

682 members (16penny, 12344mag, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 73 invisible), 2,691 guests, and 1,549 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,610
Posts18,492,504
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.