-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Hey guys. I just needed to share a picture of my new fishing rig. It's a 2000 Sylvan Expedition 1600 with a Yamaha 90 hp and Minn Kota Autopilot electric trolling motor. It sure is nice to have a wide boat with some room to do casting. Here's a picture...

[Linked Image]

SS

"To be glad of life because it gives you a chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars. To be satisfied with your possessions but not content with yourself until you have made the best of them."
-Henry Van Dyke
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a Yamaha 90 on my Hewescraft, but that 90 looks so much smaller?

I see the little guy there, I'll tell you, having my boat with my son has been without any question the greatest outdoor enjoyment with him. We spend more time in that boat hunting and fishing then with anything else. I have a full enclosure so we can spend the nights in it as well. Setting rods out with bells on them overnight is really exciting for him. We watch a DVD and listen for the bells til we fall asleep. My boat is about the same size too.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
WFR Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Very nice!
Excellent all-around boat.
Love those Yamahas.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
JJ,

Is your's a 4-stroke? This one is a 2-stroke so maybe that accounts for the size difference?

SS

"To be glad of life because it gives you a chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars. To be satisfied with your possessions but not content with yourself until you have made the best of them."
-Henry Van Dyke
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Congrats. I love those Sylvans. I have a 1995 19' Starcraft with a 115 Merc that I bought new. It has been banged around on more stumps than you can imagine and I can still leave it a slip for a week with no water coming out of the bilge when I pull the plug after loading. I am sure that you will be more and more pleased with your purchase the longer that you have it. Good luck.

You will need an extra prop if you don't have one. A polished SS prop helps performance and is much tougher than the original.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sam yeah mine is a brand new four stroke. I only have 4 hours on it now. Here is a picture of my boat.

[Linked Image]

The time spent with this boat and my son is simply unreal. Without a question the best investment for us I've ever made!

When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You can see that long pole in the back. I saw this fishing in florida. Its a shallow water anchor system. The sleeve is connected to the transom, and the 8 foot solid fiberglass rod slides through and gets pushed into the bottom. This locks you exactly where your at in water up to 6 foot deep. WIth the conventional anchor in the front while still fishing the lines of multiple rods never tangle cause the boat cannot spin on the anchor. The best part is when you have a fish to the boat, there is no anchor line out the back to tangle when the fish runs around it. The pole just lifts out and there is nothing for the fish to run around. Then slide it back in and your anchored back again.

I always hated fishing with multiple lines out and only an anchor in the front. The boat moving and spinning was a nightmare. Two anchors is better but still a lot of slack in the two anchor lines. The sliding spike anchors without any movement. If you look close at the picture you will see the rocks. The boat is in about 8-12" of water right now.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Nice boat Sam.

I got a new to me boat this spring, and it has a Yamaha 70, 2stoke on it.

Nice little motor, sips gas compared to the Evinrude 175 I had before this one.

Nice to see you take the little guy out with you too. smile Good for you.

Camp is where you make it.
R
R
Nice rig!!!

Su Amigo, R Jones
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sam

After some careful measuring, and ordered a Bimini Top for my boat. It lays on the floor behind the back seats with its legs laying inside of the sides. If it rains, it takes about 1 minute to put up. My front and back pedestals are out from under it and I have four seats on the floor. Outstanding for trolling in 100 degree weather while having cold drinks. I bought the extra two pole back legs for it to replace original rubber and now only have rubber cords on the front. I run 40mph with it up racing for the dock in a rain. Only four small posts to mount on the boat. Good luck.

George

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

529 members (1minute, 222Sako, 22250rem, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 16penny, 58 invisible), 2,672 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,915
Posts18,498,320
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.