Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 223 of 1,842 1 2 221 222 223 224 225 1841 1842
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Looks like everyone enjoyed the trip. Did you do the Bad lands?
Lots to see in SD.

One of the few benefits there is to being an old fart is you can buy a lifetime pass to the National Parks and Historic Sites for $10. Put it to good use last year.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I am sooo relieved you found Wall Drug. I was worried about that all weekend.

Boy, seeing those pictures really makes me disappointed I cant go out west this year. Doggone it.

We had a productive weekend working on the lot and even catching some crappies.

Today was Lauren's first day at kindergarten. how did it go? "too much to remember, Dad", was the answer I got. She liked it so much, she didnt want to come home!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I asked our youngest how his first day of kindergarten went. I said "what did you learn today Joe?"

He said "everything"

wow, these new schools are so efficient... grin

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
apparently not because I bet they made him go back laugh

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Dave and family,
Great great pictures.Looks like everyone had a good time.Thank you for sharing.

Stan

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
apparently not because I bet they made him go back laugh

hmm, come to think of it he is supposed to go back for more than just one day of school.... so maybe he didn't learn "everything"? grin

thanks Stan, you still walkin & shoot'n?

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
TFF! Jack had his firs day of pre-K today as well. I asked him what he learned. He told me "we counted to 10 with jelly beans, and since I alweddy know how to count to 10...I ate the jelly beans." grin He said he already has 3 "gill friends" too. grin

Yep, that's my boy.

Camp is where you make it.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Dave,
Some friends and I went shooting Labor Day since they were off.Had a great time.
The walking hasn't been as big a priority here lately but cooler weather will make getting out to the walking track more regularly a wee bit more pleasant.Thanks for asking.

Stan in SC

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
whenever my folks would ask me "what did you learn in school today" they got tired of me saying "nuthin" so I got creative and would answer "apparently not enough they want me to come back tomorrow" laugh

I never thought to answer with "everything" thats pretty good smile

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I'm pumped!I traded into a rifle today that I have been trying to acquire thru trading for about three years.I just never seemed to find one I felt I could afford before today.It is a Ruger Model 77/44 in stainless with synthetic stock.I got it from the original owner with the original box.Ruger's website shows it to be a 2001 manufacture date.Man I am looking forward to next Wednesday's range day.Meanwhile I need to look around for a matte silver scope to mount.I have a Weaver 1.5-4.5X20 but it is a blued scope.

Stan in SC

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I'd mock it up with the blued scope. I run matte and blued on synthetics; they look just fine to me. The only reason that I run silver is when they come cheaper used.

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Great find Stan! I sure like those little Rugers.

Camp is where you make it.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Nice find Stan. One of my old hunting buddies had one with the wood stock. It was a good looking little rifle and a dream to carry. He eventually traded it.

Ever run across one of the Ruger levers in 44 mag? I handled one of them and didn't care for it.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
that's always fun to find a NIB non current rifle that you've been looking for for a few years.

Something clever here.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Dave,yes.The thrill of the chase.
Grizzly,Last year I bought one of the lever action 44's and although it was accurate,it was finicky concerning consistent detonation of reloads.It went away.Also last year I at various times bought three of the semi auto carbines(old style) and eventually sold all three.You cannot shoot cast bullets in the semi version as it will clog the gas port.The one I just acquired to me seems the best of the bunch.It's a bolt action,it will shoot cast bullets,it is light and well...it's just pretty.
My local gun shop has a new style semi carbine.

Stan

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
My favorite non current NIB find was a winchester 9422M yellowboy.

brand frickin new, and i think i got it for about $375 if i remember corectly.

to me that was a real treasure.

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Stan, I had one of the original semi autos back in the early 60's. Fun little gun to shoot. Factory ammo at the time was pretty much limited to 44 mag pistol rounds.

Another gun that I should have kept.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Grizzly,I bought one in 1979 and killed several deer with it.I liked the rifle and still wonder why I sold it.

Stan

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
hey guys, my cell phone was run over on the hwy yesterday so if anybody is trying to call me, it aint gonna work.

not the cell phone anyways.

have a good weekend all.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Here is a Cole update! Hooray, it is pretty good news. The scan today was a big deal and here is the update:

Halleluia!!! We got good results. It showed partial response almost complete response! There are 3 very samll spots left on the lungs which compared to before is awesome. The doctor was pleasantly surprised considering his cancer was unfavorable with diffuse anaplasia. They are thinking we will need a little more radiation on the lungs. But because they are so small she wants to send it to the national expert to see if they think we need the radiation or not. We do not know the treatment plan specifics yet. It looks like 10 months of lots of chemo, some inpatient and some not. It is not going to be easy but we need to embrace the moment were in now and be happy! Thank you all so much for the prayers, they are working. The next prayer request is that they figure out truely if he needs the radiation or not. It is looking like it but maybe not and we know God works wonders. We do not want to under or over treat so pray for wisdom for the docs. Cole is doing great. He didn't even care that we had to go back. We are now on our way to DQ so he can treat us with his own giftcard! We love you all!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Page 223 of 1,842 1 2 221 222 223 224 225 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (22250rem, 160user, 1936M71, 260Remguy, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 70 invisible), 2,477 guests, and 1,282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,477
Posts18,489,976
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.