Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I haven't seen any 22 LR ammo on the shelves locally for quite a while...

I was in a local BiMart and they ended up getting ONE box of some Remington ammo, that contained 400 rounds and was selling for $16.50..

five guys were there when they put that ONE box on the shelf, and when I left the gun counter with my 4 box maximum of primers...these guys were almost ready to start a fist fight for that one box.....

Is this nuts or what??

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There hard to come by but in my area most of the gun shops have some sort of 22 ammo, there getting all the money form them but they have them.

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Seafire.

Was at blackbird a lil while back and they had a bunch of bricks of American Eagle 22lr.

Seems like they wanted $30 for each brick. [bleep] 'em they can keep them for that price.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Around here (California North Bay Area and Sacramento area) the .22 availability situation seems to be loosening up a bit. I've seen some LRs (CCI Mini mags and Federal Champion) in stores for reasonable prices, but sporadically available, only one or two brands, and not much of it. I have not seen any price gouging at any of the stores I regularly visit. Target ammo is available-- but prices for those are as high as they have ever been (higher actually). I've also seen some .22 shorts.

I was in Cabelas in Reno the other day and noted to one store employee that they had many .22 rifles and handguns on sale for which they had no ammo. As far as I could tell, there was no .22 ammo of any kind in that store.

Let's stop cutting each other's throats with this hoarding nonsense so we can all get on with our hobby.

"You cannot miss fast enough to win."-- Ross Seyfried
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
A friend got word from somebody that works at Federal they are 3 months behind. I ordered Federal Gold Medal ammo 2-3 months ago. Hope it shows up soon. Midsouth doesn't seem to be getting much.

They must be catching up since our WalMart has Rem/Win/Fed bulk .22's and some centerfire. Just not the 510's.

Last edited by ba_50; 08/29/09. Reason: added to it
IC B2

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Our local WM had Winchester, Remington, and CCI ammo on the shelf, plus Federal bulk packs and AutoMatch. Most I've seen in the store in 6-8 months.

An Old Pilot, but Not A Bold Pilot
"Pig-murderin' Fool"
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I know that at Boy Scout Summer Camp, my son worked on the rifle range...

Federal donated 22,000 rounds in a couple of big boxes marked factory seconds...

what I couldn't do with 22,000 rounds once a year...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The local sporting goods chain had Winchester Wildcat for about $22 a brick, I think. I passed, for now.

�That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.� George Orwell
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
walmart in eagle point had some of the federal 325rnd packs as of yesterday. Seemed kinda steep ut not as bad as blackbird.

Oh Big-R got a pretty good shipment of powder. No '335 though frown

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Calif. Hunter
The local sporting goods chain had Winchester Wildcat for about $22 a brick, I think. I passed, for now.

Of all the cheap stuff, I like the Winchester Wildcat ammo the least. It doesn't perform well in my rifles and seems dirty to boot. Accuracy is well behind the bulk Federal and Remingtons that I've used recently.

But, regardless, I have several boxes that I am rapidly shooting up-- I'll take what I can get at this point.

"You cannot miss fast enough to win."-- Ross Seyfried
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I see some off brand and expensive target stuff on the shelves, but absolutley no mainstream brands. Probably going to be some real panics for hunters that put things off to the last minute this fall.

1Minute
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I was at WM over lunch to get some 20 guage for dove hunting this afternoon. My habit lately is to check for 22lr anytime I'm there. They some stuff, but none of the 500+/- round bulk packs that most of us were lookng for. The sgelves definitely have more on them now than 2-3 months ago.

On the other hand, I was at a local shop in South Dakota a few weeks ago and they had 8-10 500-round boxes of Winchester (not sure which load, but it was a white box). I bought one for $20 and single sleeve of Winchester small rifle primers for $4 (felt like I hit the lottery seeing those).

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
They seem to be showing up here with more regularity, but the at the price they're asking...they can keep 'em.

I bought 4 bricks over the winter, at no more than $16 a piece. That will last me quite a while.

Camp is where you make it.
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Guess I feel pretty lucky getting my Golden Bullets at $10 a box for 4 boxes at a gun show 16 months ago

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The one local WM I frequent has been out of Fed bulk packs for months but yesterday they had about 10 boxes of the 325's but at $11.97 each. I coughed up and bought 6 anyway. It shoots fine in my two Rugers. 10 shots into 1.5" at 60 yds.

Did I get ripped, comparatively speaking??

But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

I DON'T NEED A WSM AS I HAVE A WEATHERBY!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Daveh

It's in the eye of the beholder, but some of the oddball package quantities make it hard to judge the value.

It's not just ammo. These days lots of companies are getting real cute with their packaging and pricing, to keep the consumer off balance. You just about have to carry a calculator around while shopping.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
T
T
The one local WM I frequent has been out of Fed bulk packs for months but yesterday they had about 10 boxes of the 325's but at $11.97 each. I coughed up and bought 6 anyway. It shoots fine in my two Rugers. 10 shots into 1.5" at 60 yds.

You didn't get ripped - that's a great price for the Automatch stuff.

I got 6 bricks of it for $15/brick last week from a walmart. That walmart had everything jacked up in price, though. First time I'd seen Federal in stock in months...my local Walmart tends to only have the silver Win bulk packs (at least the times I've lucked out).

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I was in the habit if buying a brick a month for years. Over in one of the ammo safes, there is an obscene amount of Winchester, Federal, Remington and CCI .22 LR.

Still, if I see some at Wally World or Gander Mountain, Bass Pro or Dicks, I buy more. smile

Sam......

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
a local gunshop has them available at $45.00 for 500 rounds...

price gougers won't get my business, past,present or future..

that alone has stopped me doing further business with them...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I don't think so .... I've a bit of 325 auto match ... decent stuff.

Check-out the prices at SW when they have 22 ammo, you'll see you did just fine!! smile

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

508 members (10ring1, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 06hunter59, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 52 invisible), 16,728 guests, and 1,331 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,837
Posts18,537,186
Members74,047
Most Online18,634
2 minutes ago

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.