S
What do they charge?

Jimbob
GB1

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Been a while since I checked, butI imagine in the $1600-$1800 per hunter range.They probably have a web site with costs.

Last edited by saddlesore; 09/17/09.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
I
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I
I checked the Gunnison Country's Guides website, they look like a good outfitter, they have been around a long time being licensed guide #249, and they have testimonials, which have to count for something - I would think. www.coloradoguideandoutfitter.com

I've had 1 experience with a guide on a pronghorn hunt, which lasted 3 hours, probably didn't need the guide, just the private land to hunt on. The pronghorn meat is very good by the way, just not much of it.

I don't have a way to judge who is good or what to expect from a Drop-Camp outfitter - I think Sweetseus and Myself are just wanting to be as far from other hunters as possible, and riding a horse deep into the wilds sounds like a sure bet. And they pack out your meet from the kill site for a little more money-CORRECTION -The site does not claim there is an added fee for game retrieval, and if the terrain is vertical, I think it would be worth it.

Last edited by IBUY50BMGBRASS; 09/17/09.

"Paper is poverty,... it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788. ME 7:36
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
GCS has a great reputation. I have become friends with another old time outfitter who is great friends with the owner of GCS. They go back a long time. This outfit runs some great camps in some excellent country. Once caution I will put out there is this, despite the fact you are being packed in I would not count on being alone. There are many who either DIY into these areas or you may run into other outfitters in the back country. However, I think its worth the expense to go this way.

Tenderfoot is also well known and have the same reputation. I've ran into their employee's many times in the town of Gunnison and they are top notch people.

What I'd expect from these outfits is a nice camp, good country, and excellent service when they check on you or pack your game. With reputable outfits like these there is not much to worry about. However, I'd still check into their references. They should drop you into a camp that holds game and give you an idea where to find them.

Shut up and hunt!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (907brass, 44automag, 10gaugemag, 308xray, 300_savage, 10 invisible), 1,480 guests, and 853 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,723
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.