-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
With the replacement of Nasser as CEO of Ford and the ascendancy of the environmentally concerned(read among others, anti-hunting)Mr. William Ford as his replacement, I sent the following email to Ford. If I get a reply, which is doubtful, I will post it.<P>"I have owned at least one Ford car or truck continuously for over 40 years and my wife currently drives a 1997(which I was about to replace with a new Excursion) Expedition and I drive a 2001 F250 Crewcab. I have become increasingly dismayed over the last year or so by Mr. William Ford's anti-hunting stances and his support of various environmental organizations that are anti-hunting. For your information, hunters, both personally and by the Pittman-Robertson Tax which they asked to be imposed on hunting goods, have contributed many times more money to the restoration and preservation of the environment than all of the supposed pro-environmental organizations combined. Now that Mr. W. Ford is the CEO of Ford, I can stand no more. This is just to inform you that I will never buy another Ford product, nor will anyone else that I can influence. In addition, I will help spread the word of his anti-hunting bias across the internet. Goodbye.

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
kind of curious as to if/what you get for a response...<P>also, what exactly does ford think that the f-150 4x4 is usually used for? predominantly, they are used for hunting around here. 3/4 and 1-ton trucks usually serve as work trucks here, and plenty of them do duty as hunting trucks. doesn't make sense to alienate the very customer that your product seems to target...

Hunting is not a matter of life or death. It is much more important than that.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good shot CAT, doubt if they will pay any mind to it but you gotta let em know how you feel. I personally drive Chevies but not for noble reasons, I just like em better.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
I've been shopping for a used car for my son for the last couple weeks. In the process, I've had the opportunity/necessity to explain to quite a few salesmen exactly why I was not in the least interested in that damned Taurus! [img]images/icons/mad.gif" border="0[/img] I doubt that the salesmen at the Ford dealerships will spread the word, but I'm hoping that others will. <P>Finally made a purchase this evening, a Pontiac Bonneville ... wish we had a suitable "anti-Ford" bumper sticker to slap on it. Seen any that explain the situation?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
OK, call me a dumba*s, but could someone please tell me what Anti hunting groups that WCF is affiliated with? I have not seen anything about it. I would appreciate it. Thanks.<BR>Keeb

Don't criticize someone until you have walked a mile in their shoes. That way, your a mile away and you have their shoes.
IC B2

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Keeb:<BR><STRONG>OK, call me a dumba*s, but could someone please tell me what Anti hunting groups that WCF is affiliated with? I have not seen anything about it. I would appreciate it. Thanks.Keeb</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Keeb,<BR>Here's a primer. But keep in mind that Ford sucks for so many reasons ..... <A HREF="http://www.sierratimes.com/archive/files/sep/28/arpf092801.htm" TARGET=_blank>www.sierratimes.com/archive/files/sep/28/arpf092801.htm</A>

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I thought all the hunters towed their old CJ7's with Chevy's? What's a Ford by the way? [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img]

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
..... and FORD SUCKS because ..... <A HREF="http://www.iansa.org/mission/support.htm" TARGET=_blank>www.iansa.org/mission/support.htm</A> <BR>..... and don't forget ..... <A HREF="http://www.jtf.org/multinational.left.htm" TARGET=_blank>www.jtf.org/multinational.left.htm</A> <P>If you've driven a Ford lately, please ask yourself "Why?".

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

93 members (arky65, afisher, Aviator, 35, AnthonyB, 01Foreman400, 10 invisible), 1,461 guests, and 757 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,596
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.