S
Another load wasted

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Somebody make Tom264 quit printing SHUT UP in such big letters...I think it's hurting my sensitivities.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I wish this issue would just go away.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You got sensitivities ? is that your feminine side ?

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hemiallen
Bricktop

Not sure why I keep replying to you.

You have a thought on how I should have handled things, maybe you are right. Regardless, my posting this, IF YOU CARE TO READ IT, is to have others avoid buying from Henry J Lehman of Bon Aqua, Tn.

I fully understood from his last reply "it is mine", and he isn't going to send me back my $.

I have spent $495 on a POS that was misrepresented, and I have shown pictures to back up my thoughts. You, on the other hand, jumped in here to tell me I mishandled things.

No chit sherlock, I made a mistake.

Not sure why you keep harping on your rant issues. I explained how a logical person handles an item not as represented, you DISCUSS the situation with the seller, and hopefully agree to terms. Shipping the gun back would get me nothing, HE WON'T GIVE ME BACK MY $, not sure how you read that differently.

I received the gun, PM'd him 5 minutes from looking over the gun. Waited 2 days for a reply to my request for a refund due to it not meeting the description, but you think I should have just said ' HEY, I DON'T NEED A REASON TO RETURN IT, I AM, AND SEND ME BACK MY MONEY WHEN IT ARRIVES.

I went on a 3 day hunt, no phone. Got home on Sunday, thought out a plan to call Henry and just ask for my $ back. I avoided any reference to WHY I DON'T WANT THE GUN, but he stated quite clearly he WOULD NOT REFUND MY $. So I sent him another email after posting pictures of the gun here to show the Pittin he claims this gun does not have, his reply was the picture of a rust pitted handgun as an example of Pitting, I posted it here and a picture of pitting on the Marlin. Both have pitting, plain and simple.

----------------------

Yes, I could and maybe should list it on some website where I pay to advertise, and play that hand. This would net me maybe half my money back, maybe more. And all it would do is get me a negative rating when the buyer see's it in person, like I said it is different than the pictures show. If it were a car, I would call it a 30 footer. Maybe make it a wallhanger, but put it up high so it is hard to see .

Bottom line, regardless of what I do ( or say) I won't be satisfied until Henry MAN'S UP on what he represented as rust free, pit free, no cracked wood, no shrinkage, good bore. I can not attest to the "Good shooting" of the gun, cause 1 point out of 5 ain't right, and if it did shoot good it still is a misrepresented firearm. I did email him I may consider neglecting the looks, but after looking it over for more than 5 minutes, which is when I PM'd that to Henry, this whole things is a piece of sheet and I retract that thought. I did post it, and could have avoided posting it, BUT I AM NOT A LIAR or deceptive.

I have to go work on my trailer, I found some issues when I took it hunting a few weeks ago.

Allen
Allen:

I have absolutely no reason or intention of trying to harm your reputation. I think there was/is a definite discrepancy in what was advertised and what was received. I have not in any way inferred or implied that you have acted dishonestly or attempted to deceived anyone. I do, however, think you should have handled it differently, both at the inception of the deal and upon receiving the rifle. I also think at this point it's nigh impossible to salvage any deal with Plott_man; he's made up his mind and you've made up yours.

A few others have advised to try and sell the rifle via Gunbroker (or even here) with full disclosure and recover your money. (I think it's worth $450.) Clean it up, take it out and shoot it, give the potential buyer as much information as possible.

What I'm having a hard time grasping right now, is the point of your complaint. What are you driving at now that couldn't have been accomplished in one or possibly two posts with regard to feedback on this transaction?

Again, I really have no ill will towards you, just trying to understand your intentions.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by 6mm250
You got sensitivities ? is that your feminine side ?

Mike

My feminine side is in the other room, ironing or doing dishes or something...yeah, that''s it...whatever I told her to do. whistle

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Hemiallen,

If I were you I would just send the gun to bricktop and make the assumption that he is going to pay you for it. What a moron.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BachelorJack
The part that bothers me is really simple. I think most people are overlooking it.

If the rifle was in the condition the buyer seems to believe the seller described it to be, the price of the gun should have been higher. Much higher than the buyer paid and is bitching about.

If the price is too good to be true, it generally isn't.

Here is the bottom line which you seem to be overlooking. Henry made several false claims in order to facilitate the sale. The cost the buyer paid doesn't enter into the equation. Henry obviously lied and will not stand behind his claims. Lower than a skunk. The buyer has every reason in the world to bitch! If you can't see this then I have to wonder about your business ethics also.

Jim

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by heavywalker
Hemiallen,

If I were you I would just send the gun to bricktop and make the assumption that he is going to pay you for it. What a moron.
Yeah, I agree, you are a moron. If I hadn't spent so damned much money on discretionary items this past year, I'd willingly cough up $450 for the old girl; I've had .32-20s in the past and would love to have another to play with for a while.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Guess I also don't understand why one should as for a refund, minus the shipping for something that was [bleep]. Dude sends me a rifle, it's literally bouncing around in a box, when it arrives the stock is cracked to [bleep], I return it but he's on the hook for the shipping.

Dude mailed a piece of [bleep] and lied in his description, can't see why I get to pay for that shipping.

You are right on!!!!

Jim

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bulletbutt,

Hopefully you are not directing your comments toward what I wrote. I am not saying we need more govt control on anything. But the rules are clearly posted regarding use of language when one signs up to post here. I love a good debate or argument. But I will stand by my post of writing foul language in a forum is ignorant and only shows lack of self control.

"Its a Model 70 thing, you probably wouldn't understand!"

The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no
responsibility at the other.
-Ronald Reagan

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Stroker
Dude, list a description of the rifle honestly on Gunbroker with a start bid of $250. You will sell it at least for that to some Marlin fanatic. You get at least more than half of your money back and turn the page chalking it up to a lesson learned and be more careful next time. Who knows, you may sell it to someone for more than you paid you just never know. At this point getting half your money back is winning the lottery. Seems to me you haven't accomplished anything here airing it out in a public forum. Just sayin.....

He showed me several people I will never deal with here (your not one of them). The guy got screwed by a fellow campfire member. I want to know who these folks are so I won't deal with them and get screwed also.

Jim

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by texasbatman
Originally Posted by Stroker
Dude, list a description of the rifle honestly on Gunbroker with a start bid of $250. You will sell it at least for that to some Marlin fanatic. You get at least more than half of your money back and turn the page chalking it up to a lesson learned and be more careful next time. Who knows, you may sell it to someone for more than you paid you just never know. At this point getting half your money back is winning the lottery. Seems to me you haven't accomplished anything here airing it out in a public forum. Just sayin.....

He showed me several people I will never deal with here (your not one of them). The guy got screwed by a fellow campfire member. I want to know who these folks are so I won't deal with them and get screwed also.

Jim

I am with Texas Batman, I pretty much assume any longtime poster here on the campfire is ok, but I want to know about bad apples. This thread may very well save another campfire member a couple of hundred and that is more than many threads accomplish.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A bad apple thread is not a bad idea. In fact probably a good one. Its just obvious to me that the seller in this particular sale is never gonna step up and do the right thing. Granted he misled himself with the description of the rifle. Ebay, Gunbroker or any other auction site is full of folks like that but they have a feedback rating by which to go by that helps. I have been burned a couple of times and therefore would never buy anything without an agreed upon inspection period. I just hate to see a dead horse being beat which is what seems to be happening here. Granted I dont have to keep returning to see if anything has changed either. I hope it all works out for the buyer and I feel bad for him.

The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no
-Ronald Reagan

H
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
H
Besides venting, this is exactly my reason for posting. Henry has sold other guns here, I think he had 2 or 3 others at the same timeframe as this hunk of metal.

If you look at his post history, ALL of what I found were gun sales. I hear he also sells on other websites.

He posted better, in focus pictures of the other guns he sold, I suspect there is a reason his one picture of this gun is out of focus.

He will pay when he meets his maker.

Even if I had attacked him and called him on the carpet when I called to tell him my displeasure, he would't give me the chance to return it and get my $ back, as evidenced by his last email explaining the Marlin has no pitting. He knew he sent a lemon, and admittied it when he said "what did you expect", and when he said that on the phone in my first and only time I talked on the phone after receiving it, I stated 'All I want is what you represented, a pit free, crack free gun. He said it is, even telling me on here to SHOW ME THE PITTING....which I think I did.

Allen

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Still just wondering if and how it shoots............................

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
His silence at this point is deafening......I think he knows he screwed you. I feel your pain brother...been there.

-Ronald Reagan

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
you need to post up his name, address, phone number. Name of any other forum that you know he is using. I will link his info and this thread to them. Only way to stop these crooks is to expose them in as many places as possible.

I was ANTI-OBAMA before it was CooL
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Idaho_Elk_Huntr
you need to post up his name, address, phone number. Name of any other forum that you know he is using. I will link his info and this thread to them. Only way to stop these crooks is to expose them in as many places as possible.

Agreed.

Jim

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Still just wondering if and how it shoots............................

Okay, here ya go...

32-20 cal, bore is great, functions great, gun is unaltered, no pitting just brown patina, wood all intact, no cracks,shrinking, shoots great. 450.00 plus shipping is direct to you ,providing you can legally own this antique..

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

84 members (6mmbrfan, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 17 invisible), 1,584 guests, and 777 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,514,966
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.